• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: The Witch Queen |OT|

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
Anyone getting a bug where characters and guns don’t load on ps5 ? Or they load but revert back to a blurry transparent thing in the middle of the match?

so, had been working on GM Lightblade the last few days and it's simply the worst, especially with the Arc burn. I've been mostly running it as Stasis Warlock and simply can't get the boss room done no matter what LFG group I join. had even gotten to the last third of the fight many times too but alas no dice. it's not even like I want the shotgun too. I just want to get it done and get the seal. it definitely was not that bad when I did it in previous seasons. but back then it was Void burn I think, and that's the difference. in any case, just ranting over it a little.

Dthomp

Anyone up to date on this telesto “event”? I don’t understand what is going on

It's not an event, just bungie trying to be funny and help pump up playerbase since it's tanked into the ground. Pretty sure the foundry that made telesto will be featured in coming season or more likely Lightfall so create so artificial buzz. The only reward for all this nothing was another who gives a fuck emblem. I miss when I used to play D1 for all the sweet guns and gear, D2 is about fucking emblems and titles.

the gears and weapons from the new season actually looks really cool and the return of the Ikelos weapons is definitely a good thing. didn't get to play a lot so far but will sink some time into it later over the weekend for sure.

Dibbs

I really like the new season. Feels much better than that awkward pirate theme.

Last edited:

splattered

So did bungie break the focus high stat armor process for this season? I skipped last season but it worked the season before that.. i've prob focused x15 different armor pieces and they were all around 60 power level and evenly split down the middle with the resilience ghost mod on :( Makes me not want to farm current seasonal gear. Need it to build a Gyrfalcon loadout though.

splattered

Also i've run the solo lost sector today 8 times and the Gyrlfalcon won't drop... it's the only exotic armor piece my hunter doesnt have and the one i specifically want for a build right now. Game is driving me crazy today.

I grabbed a Gyrfalcon the other day when it was on rotation. I didn't have one before, and after 4-5 runs on Legend it dropped. So that part of the game is probably working. The lost sector grind is whatever, most of them you can knock out in 4 minutes. Doable for a new exotic. Excessively painful if you want a decent roll and have to fight through the entire loot pool to try and get it.

My Gyrfalcon is only a 61 overall, 13-14-2, 2-6-24. Could have been worse.

splattered

It took me about 20 runs but finally just got Gyrfalcon, dropped as a 61... nearly split down the middle stat-wise. Tried like 5 more runs and got that dragon chest piece. Man this grind sucks. Looking at item picker, if i put my build together with this chest piece i'm stuck with lower mobility :( Gotta keep grinding i guess?

I assume it can drop from Xur now that you have it unlocked, so if you have some legendary shards and a cipher that's two more cracks at it. But yeah, lost sectors are gonna suck now that they're dropping all the chest pieces. Pure luck. I wouldn't bother, unless you're just totally in the mood for mindless grinding, maybe focus on trying to shave as many seconds off of each run as possible? Yeah, I don't know, there's not much you can do to make it fun.

splattered

Haha yeah... i continued to beat my head against the wall and ran at least 40 times, and only ever got those two exotic chest pieces. Then i did some experimenting and rolled three tusked allegiance and eilodon pursuant masks. They ALL rolled with the normal high stat spikes that i used to see in previous seasons. Current season doesn't spike the same. Or at all. What the fuck is that garbage? Man today makes me want to stop playing haha rwrweiofjelskfjwelkj

Vindicator

At least we got a bit of Escalation Protocol back, without the stellar soundtrack though, the Node activation sound is still my default Tansmat effect, together with the Tyrant Ghost shell.

Dthomp

So did bungie break the focus high stat armor process for this season? I skipped last season but it worked the season before that.. i've prob focused x15 different armor pieces and they were all around 60 power level and evenly split down the middle with the resilience ghost mod on :( Makes me not want to farm current seasonal gear. Need it to build a Gyrfalcon loadout though.

High stat rolls from the seasonal stuff seemed to really tone down after the Battlegrounds season, I did a few opulent pieces and all were bad low 60 stuff, haven't tried for new armor as I'm trying for weapon patterns first

sainraja

Initially I had been pretty lucky with getting drops from legend lost sectors but I haven't been getting any drops of the armor that were recently added. I am also just focusing on getting weapons from The Spire of the Watcher right now. It is a pretty fun dungeon (like the Grasp of Avarice).

Last edited:

splattered

I wish we could focus exotic armor drops like we can the purple gear stuff. I mean hell even make it expensive in resources if you want... it's just such a kick in the balls to grind so long for what you want for it to drop with terrible stats.

sainraja

I wish we could focus exotic armor drops like we can the purple gear stuff. I mean hell even make it expensive in resources if you want... it's just such a kick in the balls to grind so long for what you want for it to drop with terrible stats.
That's a pretty good idea. I think they definitely need ways to make getting exotic armor drops a little more accessible instead of it just being random. Having them focus-able and high resources sounds good to me.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Dunno about lazy, but I just like the warmind theme, the weekly seasonal activity and seasonal weapons much more. That Expeditions thing was just boring af.
Yeah it's exactly opposite for me and reusing content from what's considered the worst of DLC in Destiny history...I'd consider lazy 🤷‍♂️

Of course I still play the game and plan on getting my 6th Conqueror title in Jan but I'm not happy.

Dthomp

That's a pretty good idea. I think they definitely need ways to make getting exotic armor drops a little more accessible instead of it just being random. Having them focus-able and high resources sounds good to me.

The fix is what we had in the first game, and that was Xur selling ALL exotic armors. This Lost Sector for exotics thing is played out, and I fucking hate it. New players don't want to have to grind levels just to suffer through a lost sector for the rare rare rare chance for the piece they need to drop. I accidentally sharded a decent Titan chest piece inmost light or what not and now I have to pray to god that I can find a new one sometime this season while also trying to farm red borders I've missed over the last year. After the 1st season armor is in a LS it needs to go into Xurs Loot Pool, Nightfall Drop Loot Pool, and Raid Secret Chest Loot Pool. All decent chances so you have more chances to get a roll you want

sainraja

The fix is what we had in the first game, and that was Xur selling ALL exotic armors. This Lost Sector for exotics thing is played out, and I fucking hate it. New players don't want to have to grind levels just to suffer through a lost sector for the rare rare rare chance for the piece they need to drop. I accidentally sharded a decent Titan chest piece inmost light or what not and now I have to pray to god that I can find a new one sometime this season while also trying to farm red borders I've missed over the last year. After the 1st season armor is in a LS it needs to go into Xurs Loot Pool, Nightfall Drop Loot Pool, and Raid Secret Chest Loot Pool. All decent chances so you have more chances to get a roll you want
Yeah, that's also a good idea. They should do it or add it to the exotic engram list you can get from Xur....but that is probably what you meant by Xur anyway.

Exotic armors should be craftable once you unlock them. Some way to grind out the specific roll you want. And they should have an artifice slot because why not?

Right now it's absurd how much luck you need to get the exotic you want to re-roll to drop and then to actually get a decent roll. Legendary stuff can stay as it is with the ghost armorer mods and focusing providing some decent options to chase stat rolls without going completely insane.

splattered

Can we get the seasonal seraph bonus by wearing current season gear just as an ornament over other gear? I know that works for stuff like iron banner but i've never really seen anyone suggest it just for the seasonal buffs.

Can we get the seasonal seraph bonus by wearing current season gear just as an ornament over other gear? I know that works for stuff like iron banner but i've never really seen anyone suggest it just for the seasonal buffs.
Don't the seasonal armor bonuses just give you the currency that you're always capped on anyway? Or is it just me. I can't bring myself to grind the seasonal activities, just getting through the seasonal quest is enough of a slog.

splattered

Don't the seasonal armor bonuses just give you the currency that you're always capped on anyway? Or is it just me. I can't bring myself to grind the seasonal activities, just getting through the seasonal quest is enough of a slog.
I believe it gives you up to an additional 20% XP towards leveling the seasonal item at the helm. Right now that's the goofy exo that drops down into your face every time you go talk to it. So gets you rewards faster.

so I was doing my weekly King's Fall through LFG. saw a post that says "helping my son with his first KF". thought it's pretty cool so I joined them. they have 2 or 3 adults and 2 kids (young teens) all in the same clan. very friendly folks over all, but the kids definitely are a little green. after 4 and a half hours, we finally finished sisters, but since it's getting really late for them, they had to call it a night. was fun overall, and it's always nice to help people out on these newbie runs. after that, I joined an Oryx checkpoint quick run and finished that part. someone even got their TOM from that too, so that's cool. good Christmas gift I guess.

splattered

Man i almost wanna give up trying to get a decent Gyrfalcon roll. I've run the legend lost sectors so much and only got gyr once and it's a 61 role evenly split down the middle. I can't make a decent build with this piece of crap. So damn frustrating.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Anyone else interested in grouping up? Fell off last season cuz I thought it was pretty bad frankly. But digging this one more.
Until Sony gets around to finally getting Discord on PS5 it has seemed to be rough since there is only a small handful of PC guys here and a smaller handful of PS players like me here. What are you on?

Man i almost wanna give up trying to get a decent Gyrfalcon roll. I've run the legend lost sectors so much and only got gyr once and it's a 61 role evenly split down the middle. I can't make a decent build with this piece of crap. So damn frustrating.
This is the reason that exotics in lost sectors needs to go away and Xur needs to be able to sell ALL Exotic armors. I accidentally deleted my only Heart of Inmost Light so now I don't have access to one of the better solo titan builds in the game since I'll never see it again. If you had to put all new exotics in Lost Sectors to get people to do them, maybe that is telling enough that they were a stupid addition to the game to begin with and it's past time to close them up and use those assets for other things

I don't mind running Lost Sectors for a little bit to get a new exotic... But yeah if your first roll sucks you're screwed. And the roll in collections is always terrible. Which is stupid, because you may delete a sucky exotic with decent stats that gets buffed and then becomes awesome. So now you're tasked with holding onto garbage on the off chance that Bungo revisits it and makes it decent.

Another low-effort fix for Lost Sectors. Keep Legend the way it is. Add target farming to Master difficulty. I know they struggle with implementations of very basic ideas so I will also suggest an idiotic Bungo style implementation. Make a "ghost mod" for each exotic. You put the Gyrfalcon Master Finder on your ghost, you do Master lost sector (or maybe Master content in general) and you get some guaranteed drop rate, maybe 50% of exotic drops from said content. I wouldn't even suggest making it 100% because god forbid we put RNG to rest completely, I would hate to tank "engagement" and cheap gambling dopamine hits :messenger_tears_of_joy:

splattered

I don't mind running Lost Sectors for a little bit to get a new exotic... But yeah if your first roll sucks you're screwed. And the roll in collections is always terrible. Which is stupid, because you may delete a sucky exotic with decent stats that gets buffed and then becomes awesome. So now you're tasked with holding onto garbage on the off chance that Bungo revisits it and makes it decent.

Another low-effort fix for Lost Sectors. Keep Legend the way it is. Add target farming to Master difficulty. I know they struggle with implementations of very basic ideas so I will also suggest an idiotic Bungo style implementation. Make a "ghost mod" for each exotic. You put the Gyrfalcon Master Finder on your ghost, you do Master lost sector (or maybe Master content in general) and you get some guaranteed drop rate, maybe 50% of exotic drops from said content. I wouldn't even suggest making it 100% because god forbid we put RNG to rest completely, I would hate to tank "engagement" and cheap gambling dopamine hits :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I think that sounds great but asking way too much of bungie haha

to be fair, you can put on a mod on your ghost to make sure the exotic drop has one high stat you want. it's not perfect but it's something. I do agree there should be some way to focus farm a specific exotic that you had already gotten before at the very least, but I guess they feel solo farming lost sector is something they want their players to do. this is "no fun allow" Bungo after all 🤣

Until Sony gets around to finally getting Discord on PS5 it has seemed to be rough since there is only a small handful of PC guys here and a smaller handful of PS players like me here. What are you on?
I'm pretty much on all platforms, in fact I believe you're already on my friends list. I'll try inviting next time I need a team.

splattered

I don't think the ghost mod is working correctly on drops this season, at least not on the new seasonal gear and exotics from lost sectors that i've seen. i can still focus previous season gear at the war table and get high stat spike armor like i'm supposed to, but new drops i'm getting all min high stat and split down the middle so they're all useless. And this is a LOT of attempts i'm talking, not just a couple and then complaining.

Blizzje

Do you guys have a clan I can get an invite to? Small group of friends I used to play with stopped and I would like to be a part of an active clan. I try to stay up to date with the content but im not a pro or anything.

My gamertag on PSN is Blizzje, my Bungie Blizzje#7958.

Dthomp

Do you guys have a clan I can get an invite to? Small group of friends I used to play with stopped and I would like to be a part of an active clan. I try to stay up to date with the content but im not a pro or anything.

My gamertag on PSN is Blizzje, my Bungie Blizzje#7958.

How many you have in your small group of friends? I'm on PSN and always looking for folks to try to set up stuff to do (mostly raids/dungeons/etc). I'm in a larger clan mostly of older folk so not sure you'd want to get in there. I have a clan that I passed off to my wifes dead account that I'll gladly re-up once Sony gets around to adding discord and maybe we can get a community going around here again.

Feel free to send me a FR on PSN (Dthomp), can gladly help out with stuff. I'm just not really active in grouping up to do the boring shit that nobody wants to do (3x strikes/gambit/pvp and stuff that has solo matchmaking) but I love end game content and trying to finish weapon patterns I've missed out on. Got another friend from here who plays some too

Dthomp

So there isnt a main neogaf destiny clan? Thought there was one.

I think a couple of the PC guys are in one, but overall the activity level here isn't great honestly. I know of a few of us that play on PS and I think another 5-6 here play on PC but I don't know how much they group up either.

sainraja

I guess it won't be true with Light Fall but up until The Witch Queen, I have owned Destiny 2 on both PlayStation and Xbox. I switch between playing it on both. Lately, it's been the PS5. But yeah, I don't group up often and when there is a gun I want, that requires teaming up, I just use the Destiny 2 app.

Last edited:

splattered

So how do lost sector legend lost sector drops work? Do they limit it to like 5 drops per day? I seem to get about 5 of something i DON'T need and then all of a sudden exotic drops become extremely rare. I've gotten todays lost sector down to little 6 minute runs and ran it about 20+ times... handful of exotic chest pieces but again not the Gyrfalcon i need. This is what the 4th week now i've been chasing it? prob around 100 runs maybe even more? And the stupid chest piece has only dropped once. I HATE HATE HATE chasing exotic like this, it's giving me PTSD hahah

Dthomp

So how do lost sector legend lost sector drops work? Do they limit it to like 5 drops per day? I seem to get about 5 of something i DON'T need and then all of a sudden exotic drops become extremely rare. I've gotten todays lost sector down to little 6 minute runs and ran it about 20+ times... handful of exotic chest pieces but again not the Gyrfalcon i need. This is what the 4th week now i've been chasing it? prob around 100 runs maybe even more? And the stupid chest piece has only dropped once. I HATE HATE HATE chasing exotic like this, it's giving me PTSD hahah

Then don't do it my dude. If you have gotten it before it can drop out in the world as well as other sources. No reason to beat your head in for such a low percent to drop and then add in you have likely 15 plus armor pieces in that slot as well, the odds aren't in your favor in lost sectors once you've gotten the free one of whatever new exotic to get it off the knockout list. Not trying to be rude, but 100 lost sectors is a waste of time IMO. So much other content to do in game without the need of Gyrfalcons

splattered

Then don't do it my dude. If you have gotten it before it can drop out in the world as well as other sources. No reason to beat your head in for such a low percent to drop and then add in you have likely 15 plus armor pieces in that slot as well, the odds aren't in your favor in lost sectors once you've gotten the free one of whatever new exotic to get it off the knockout list. Not trying to be rude, but 100 lost sectors is a waste of time IMO. So much other content to do in game without the need of Gyrfalcons

Yeah i agree... it's just something different for me to chase because my solar/void builds are already solid and i don't do raids. All the other content is relatively the same. The new seasonal activity is like one LONG mission that takes forever to complete. Very annoying. Still have fun with the game i just wish builds were easier to create and perfect so we could have more fun with HOW we play.

splattered

Oh damn i totally forgot about the solo player seasonal mod haha i just shaved 2 minutes easy off my solo lost sector runs... down to ~4 mins each. Will try to bang some out this morning before it resets. If i don't get it i don't get it.

sainraja

^^ I have been going after the arms from the solo legend lost sectors and I won't get any type of drop either lol. I remember when I first did my legend lost sector, I got drops both types or quite often. But it was after I had done everything for the season....maybe the drop rate is higher later or something (I hope so anyway!).

Last edited:

splattered

^^ I have been going after the arms from the solo legend lost sectors and I won't get any type of drop either lol. I remember when I first did my legend lost sector, I got drops both types or quite often. But it was after I had done everything for the season....maybe the drop rate is higher later or something (I hope so anyway!).

Yeah very frustrating, i've basically given up chasing the chest piece so hard. I'm just gonna focus on getting more base light level to 1590 for my gear and some other stuff. As the chest piece LS pops up in rotation i'll prob bang out a few runs but i'm not gonna beat my head against the wall anymore. Isn't worth it.

Top Bottom