• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: The Witch Queen |OT|

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!

Liking it so far, new weapons lacking a bit (sure that will get better as season come and go) and hive are my least fav enemy type (and map style). New void class is great even if they killed my poor slovabomb.

Dthomp

Liking it so far, new weapons lacking a bit (sure that will get better as season come and go) and hive are my least fav enemy type (and map style). New void class is great even if they killed my poor slovabomb.

Not noticing to much of a difference to Slova myself. I’m with ya on the weapons though, maybe a good roll on the autos pulse could be good, can’t wait to try pvp with assholes hiding around corners with infinite ammo stabby time.

Dont mind hive, sad that the Scorn are here though…

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Not noticing to much of a difference to Slova myself. I’m with ya on the weapons though, maybe a good roll on the autos pulse could be good, can’t wait to try pvp with assholes hiding around corners with infinite ammo stabby time.

Dont mind hive, sad that the Scorn are here though…
the tracking is gone or greatly reduced. I’ve whiffed a few of them already :messenger_grinning_smiling:

edit:
just looked somehow I had the wrong void super selected…

Face Palm No GIF

Last edited:
The campaign missions are long and there are so many. I don' think it's great story-wise. But the combat is fun. I'm playing on legend difficulty. There are some weird difficulty spikes. Like two or three missions being very hard. And the next ones are very easy.
So far my new favorite weapon is a hakke scout with headstone and compulsive loader.

I still have so much to do.

Dthomp

Holy crap, just finished off the legend campaign solo on my void lock. Final mission was no joke solo, actually fun and challenging. Wish so.o dungeons had this feel and not just cheap deaths.

8BJwekf.jpg

Ogbert

Bit underwhelmed with the campaign so far. That said, I’m not a huge fan of the hive and the mars aesthetic. Also, void updates feel a little meh.

Still, it’s D2 so I’ll probably play it for a 1000 hours!

Jumped into a legendary campaign run. Reasonably difficult at LL 1350. Getting some drops, so my LL should increase at a pretty good clip. Let's go boys!

Dthomp

Jumped into a legendary campaign run. Reasonably difficult at LL 1350. Getting some drops, so my LL should increase at a pretty good clip. Let's go boys!
Legendary was only rough in a few spots, drops are frequent with double chests each mission. Should be at soft cap around 75% through the story if you are just doing WQ storyline.

Got the Pparasite exotic last night, a little underwhelming since I don’t care for heavy grenade launchers…especially when ghastly exists. Shame two of the gun exotics are heavies again.

New smg actually feels fun and balanced. Not a negative experience for teammates to play around. New Warlock gloves gonna be a pain in crucible with double turret grenades for stasis.

Dthomp

Does anyone have an open spot on their clan I can join?
What are you playing on? I’ve got plenty of spots because I’d been inactive for so long. The few that are here so far are mainly psn but I think are open to some cross play.

sainraja

Yes, but also you don't need to know anyone personally. There is an app that makes it extremely easy to group up for nearly every activity imaginable, even raids if you're willing to communicate and be patient.

Just take the game at your own pace, there can be a pressure to rush through everything to reach max level, ignore it. Enjoy what you want when you want, there are always people doing whatever it is you're doing at the time you're doing it, that's the beauty of Destiny.
^^ This. I have said this before but people shouldn't feel like they need to rush and try to understand everything that is going on in Destiny. Do it at a pace you feel comfortable with and it will start making sense. For a good while I would hop on do some crucible and patrol activities and then log off until eventually I started trying out other activities in the game and then was pretty much hooked and ofcourse getting Bad Juju back in the game helped (it was my favorite weapon from D1).

Last edited:

Dthomp

Played a few games of survival for the powerful engra….can we address just how dumb fusions are now? Like every game, and if not fusions, that stupid glaive. Just need a few more round wins since I keep getting the idiot hold W to lose teammates

Raven117

So, I scooted by the 3rd Main mission boss on legendary after like an hour of trying....

Should I switch back to normal for the rest of the campaign? Does it get harder/easier? Hardest boss?

Dthomp

So, I scooted by the 3rd Main mission boss on legendary after like an hour of trying....

Should I switch back to normal for the rest of the campaign? Does it get harder/easier? Hardest boss?
I didn’t feel any part being significantly harder then the rest, outside final battle. What are you using? I used Le Monarque, a sniper, and ascendancy almost the whole way through. Stay back, shit hirts

Raven117

I didn’t feel any part being significantly harder then the rest, outside final battle. What are you using? I used Le Monarque, a sniper, and ascendancy almost the whole way through. Stay back, shit hirts
I was using a handcannon. Null something fusion rifle, and G-horn.

Just seems you need the spike damage for the bosses. (Void Hunter btw).

Dthomp

Le monarque does mass damage with the 40% buff from exotics, try that out, especially with void. Trinity ghoul is also very good

Raven117

Le monarque does mass damage with the 40% buff from exotics, try that out, especially with void. Trinity ghoul is also very good
I'll give it a go.

Just seeking if it gets harder or easier. If it gets any harder, I wont be able to solo it.

Dthomp

I'll give it a go.

Just seeking if it gets harder or easier. If it gets any harder, I wont be able to solo it.

It felt pretty close to same challenge for me til the last battle, harder for Warlock cause no invis 😂. Use a good blast radios rocket if ya got one. Also solar armore have the rocket mods so get charged with light and those help

Fatebringer, salvager's salvo, and Gjallarhorn carried me through the campaign on legend difficulty.
Overall I enjoyed the campaign. It's not very cinematic. But it does what Destiny does best. Gunplay. Legend difficulty feels just right. And the rewards are worth it.

Dthomp

Fatebringer, salvager's salvo, and Gjallarhorn carried me through the campaign on legend difficulty.
Overall I enjoyed the campaign. It's not very cinematic. But it does what Destiny does best. Gunplay. Legend difficulty feels just right. And the rewards are worth it.
Gotta agree, I think the best way to experience the campaign is legendary solo first time through. Can’t see why it’d be fun teaming up and making it no challenge. This is one of the first things. I feel that they nailed as far as difficulty for a solo player.

Dthomp

Is anybody here leveled up enough to run Vox Obscura exotic quest with me? Whenever time wise, doesn’t need to be ASAP…but solo on that…

Last edited:

Ogbert

I’m enjoying the missions in the new campaign, but not a fan of the Throne World. Everything is too spaced out.

Weapon crafting could be excellent.

Not a fan of the Glaives. Feel lame to shoot. Melee ok, but a bit off.

Dthomp

Can't say I'm a fan of Glaives. They are to me, a negative player experience if you are playing with people using them. You looking to get stuff done? Nope teammates gonna bum rush with Glaives. I left a PsiOp just now because both titans with OEM just ran in and killed everything with their melees. Melees need to use Ammo, they are the annoyance of a sword without any of the drawbacks. Or they need massive swing delay...IDK what the answer is. Bungie LOVES to make sure there are a few OP as hell things in the big money DLCS as to make people buy it, so not expecting any balancing any time soon.

NEbeast

Love that there is so limited time to level for day 1 raid and I’ll get to spend three hours in the que not playing the game….sweet 🙄
Have you even paid attention or are you just shitting on the game for no reason? I played last night and a few hours today and I'm 1500 light, I'll complete the legendary campaign tomorrow and that gives me a full set of 1520 gear. The raid isn't out for 2 weeks, wtf are you talking about?Ps, so far this is the best story in Destiny history. As for your comment above, you will never see glaives in endgame content- they are mindless fun against lowe tier enemies.

Last edited:

sainraja

I've been using Fatebringer (Timelost), Null Composure, Gjally-Horn so far and it's been working out for me.

Well finished, was pretty cool, thought the last mission was kinda overblown but it ended a lot stronger than Forsaken. Not sure if I liked it more than Taken King, but it's definitely close.

Oh, and the Witness' design is... I don't even know what to think.

Ogbert

Finished up the campaign. Definitely got better as it progressed.

Only real disappointment is glaives. Just not enjoying them at all. Feel really gimmicky.

Weapon crafting is going to be one hell of a grind…..

Taken King still the GOAT. I'd say as of this point (finished the legendary campaign, am somewhere in the powerful cap grind) I probably liked Beyond Light more but there's still a lot left to do. Beyond Light also felt more impactful with the next gen launches and crossplay in the works.

Biggest disappointment was hearing about them reworking blue drops, then finding out that it was only for like end of activity rewards, like Crucible... and then seeing blue drops for myself past 1520, including drops that were my best in slot light. That really shouldn't be a thing. And really, vault management in this game is such a chore you shouldn't have to keep anything no matter what the light is. If I dismantle my highest light chest piece because I'm looking at its trash 43 stat roll there's no reason the game can't track that I did in fact have that light level, and base further drops off of that. It's just not a good leveling system.

We'll see about the crafting system. So far I find it super annoying that I can't figure out how to view my adroit and ruinous and whatever else elements... like I'm extracting it from weapons whenever I get it, and I'm trying to be random about it... but how can I keep my supplies even? Go into the Relic thing, try to craft weapons and hover over nodes until you find one for each of the things?

And the leveling system for the weapons isn't great. Seems like a collect-a-pile and head to the thrallway situation to knock them out in one mind-numbing go.

Void 3.0 is... whatever... I find it shocking they didn't just do Void/Arc/Solar 3.0s in one go. Like it was already kind of shady that it wasn't done for BL to be consistent with the new subclasses.. a year plus later just feels kinda pathetic.

Game has come a long way from fucking Shadowkeep but I want more, at a faster more consistent cadence.

Last edited:

Ogbert

And the leveling system for the weapons isn't great. Seems like a collect-a-pile and head to the thrallway situation to knock them out in one mind-numbing go.
Got to be honest, I'm already a little suspicious of it.

My fear is they've basically stuck catalysts on every gun in the game and we're just going to grind out 1000s of kills on every gone, simply to level them up.

And yes, the void updates are underwhelming. I'll wait for the theorycraft, but sticking to Stasis for now.

Last edited:

nikos

Does anybody know how the Legendary Campaign rewards work? Will you get them if you switch to Legendary mid-campaign? I'm assuming that's not the case, so how would one obtain them after starting on normal difficulty? I'm almost done with the campaign and it has been easy. Should have gone Legendary.

Dthomp

Does anybody know how the Legendary Campaign rewards work? Will you get them if you switch to Legendary mid-campaign? I'm assuming that's not the case, so how would one obtain them after starting on normal difficulty? I'm almost done with the campaign and it has been easy. Should have gone Legendary.
You need to complete each mission, you can click on the skull on the throne world map to select the missions you did not complete it on onlegend.

sainraja

I've been using Fatebringer (Timelost), Null Composure, Gjally-Horn so far and it's been working out for me.
^^ So the Ghost Mission ended up giving me some trouble but I still managed once I learned what I needed to do. The puzzle aspect of the mission was fun (the symbols leading to crystals to enable damage phase).

Last edited:

Dthomp

Anybody here able to or at the step to do Vox Obscura? Struggling to do it solo, psn is same as user here, bungie I’d is dthomp#2876

Found an underleveled lad on lfg and knocked it out after a few tries. Not a bad mission. Don’t really think we need more grenade launchers in the game but whatever.

Last edited:

Dthomp

Anybody here have a spot for Day 1 raid race? Or experienced enough in them to see about forming a team? Figured I’d check here before rolling the dice on lfg sites. Tag me or dm me, doesn’t matter.

Anybody here have a spot for Day 1 raid race? Or experienced enough in them to see about forming a team? Figured I’d check here before rolling the dice on lfg sites. Tag me or dm me, doesn’t matter.

I would actually love to try the new raid, but seeing that it's on next Friday, which I would be working, I probably won't be able to do the race. good luck thou.

finally finished the main story. it's interesting, and overall decent story. but I never find the story itself is as good as the lore of the game, but oh well. now working on the exotic quests and what not. really glad with what they've done with the Legendary version of the mission. decent difficulty with some great rewards; I think they found a sweet spot for this. I played through the whole mission with Stasis Warlock and Outbreak Perfected and it's pretty chill and safe. the final fight is a little hard but nothing too bad. lots of things to keep digging in right now. I feel it's a good and successful expansion overall.

Dthomp

I wish they could find a better spot for the way you level, hit 1550 with my second character after full story on Legend solo Titan (way harder then Lock was) And like 3-4 powerful drops with a couple primes thrown in.

The story had a lot more scares on the old Titan. I didn’t realize how much I was relying on healing rifts til all you have is an overshield that gets melted. Couple dumb deaths throughout to non boss physics, but things fell apart quick during “the ritual” Ran void all the way they til final encounter where I swapped to solar Titan to finish it. Just leaves my hunter, and I can invis the whole thing 😂

NgCQgQS.jpg

Balboa

I thought the Legendary campaign was EXCELLENT, especially compared to the last two expansions which were steaming garbage that went nowhere story or gameplay wise.
Upgraded Osteo Striga with the catalyst and it's pretty insane with 100+ bullets in the mag at times, also really enjoying the Glaive after a few upgrades.
Parasite mission was good too with some originality.
Wellspring is decent, Psi Ops is decent.
Overall Witch Queen is a big thumbs up from me!

Vindicator

Legendary campaign soloed yesterday, the Cabal Boss at the statue was the worst, more annoying than Mr. Scorn Baron before, mostly because of the adds.
Switched to void like midway through the campaign but now back at Bleak Watcher spam thanks to those crappy 40something Osmiomancy Gloves you get for finishing legendary, chose them over the void legs, time for some legendary lost sectors.

so right now, Deep Stone Crypt is also dropping Powerful loots, so you can do both DSC and VOG for higher level stuff. just a little something to keep in mind since no idea if they'll patch it or when.

Last edited:

Dthomp

My god, I’ve got like 12 Tarnations today, but only one red border..Drop rates suck on these quest guns from wellspring

splattered

So what's the deal with the red border guns? I've gotten several so far but didn't level them up, they're higher level than my current gear so i keep fusing them to level my stuff up. Do i at some point need to keep these or some of them? And if so why?

Dthomp

So what's the deal with the red border guns? I've gotten several so far but didn't level them up, they're higher level than my current gear so i keep fusing them to level my stuff up. Do i at some point need to keep these or some of them? And if so why?
You basically use the, until the progression bar fills up 100%. then you go into the gun lIke you would to masterwork it, but pick one of the two options to take from the gun. You keep the gun still and can do as you please. These resources will be required for all weapon crafting so it’s a good idea to get these as you work on things.

splattered

You basically use the, until the progression bar fills up 100%. then you go into the gun lIke you would to masterwork it, but pick one of the two options to take from the gun. You keep the gun still and can do as you please. These resources will be required for all weapon crafting so it’s a good idea to get these as you work on things.

Oh crap... so you have to use all of them to get the new resources then you can chew them up? I've wasted so many then o_O

Top Bottom