• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: The Witch Queen |OT|

so right now, Deep Stone Crypt is also dropping Powerful loots, so you can do both DSC and VOG for higher level stuff. just a little something to keep in mind since no idea if they'll patch it or when.
It's unfortunate I didn't know about that until after I popped most of my pinnacles on my first character. Regardless doing all (normally labeled) powerfuls and pinnacles got me to the powerful cap on my first character so it's probably not a huge deal. Though a DSC probably would have been a fun thing to do regardless. My 2nd and 3rd characters are through the campaigns now, and they're -4 and -3 respectively, so a couple of powerfuls to hit 1550 on each tonight and then a Blitzkrieg of pinnacles before the reset. GMs are still a month plus away, and w/ the raid next week the pinnacle sources will be expanded, so it probably doesn't really matter.

But back to the issue of DSC dropping powerful but not indicating it. That's such a weird thing that Bungie has screwed up time and time again. How does the rewards metadata not directly inform what you see in the Director? It seems super obvious that updating reward levels and updating what you see in the UI are two separate processes. You'd think the first time it happened they would be like, "okay team we gotta clean this up".

Dthomp

Who thought bringing Vostok back was a good idea? Nothing changed about the map, it’s the same dumb cluster it was, but now we have max range crap to make matters even worse. This gets added to Dead Cliffs as maps I just leave if I load into them

sainraja

Who thought bringing Vostok back was a good idea? Nothing changed about the map, it’s the same dumb cluster it was, but now we have max range crap to make matters even worse. This gets added to Dead Cliffs as maps I just leave if I load into them
I thought they added new maps too?

Dthomp

I thought they added new maps too?

Haven't seen any yet. Haven't played a ton of PVP yet this season, but they brought back Vostok and Eternia? Both awful maps and neither had any changes to them even though they said they would work on the maps when they leave. If it's like previous seasons, we'll likely unlock 1 map when the Raid is done, and probably saving the D1 remakes for Trials.

sainraja

Haven't seen any yet. Haven't played a ton of PVP yet this season, but they brought back Vostok and Eternia? Both awful maps and neither had any changes to them even though they said they would work on the maps when they leave. If it's like previous seasons, we'll likely unlock 1 map when the Raid is done, and probably saving the D1 remakes for Trials.
Ah gotcha.

so shaped weapons should generally outclass masterworked ones, correct? Not sure how masterworked weapons fit here now that you can essentially create the masterwork you want, and then level it up. Am i missing something?

sainraja

so shaped weapons should generally outclass masterworked ones, correct? Not sure how masterworked weapons fit here now that you can essentially create the masterwork you want, and then level it up. Am i missing something?
Masterworking a weapon use to allow us to generate Orbs, Stat boost and kill tracker. So with weapon shaping we get control over the perks which I think is the key difference. Now masterworking basically gives us a stat boost and kill tracker only on other weapons.

Probably the best expansion since Forsaken so far
Even though forsaken had two new play spaces (but double the teams working on it)

Still have the raid to come, so far so good

so, for those who's planning on doing the day 1 raid, keep this in mind for now. Divinity and Void weakening effect are not stacking and in fact the Void 3.0's weakening effect (15%) is overwriting the Divinity's weakening effect (30%).

Vindicator

As much as i love D2, the number chasing stuff is so annoying without some dupe protection for Pinnacles, for now Warlock is the only one above 1530.
Gonna check out the new raid with a chill Fireteam like the last 2 times probably, no pressure when we hit a wall so be it, doesnt have to be done in the first 24 hours.
Maybe i'll do a DSC&VoG run to derust a bit, stopped after getting a few good timelost Fatebringers.

RIP chest farm. Glad I got to 30 with Fynch already. Come on day one raid.

I've been kinda slow on that and still had not get to 15 yet, so I guess I'll have to do things the hard way to max it out. they also fixed the loophole of pulling legendary armors to dismantle for Gunsmith rep. nofunallow.jpg :messenger_frowning_

oh a side note thou, at least they fixed the bug where Overload rounds won't stop the Overload Champ's health regen.

LordCBH

I've been kinda slow on that and still had not get to 15 yet, so I guess I'll have to do things the hard way to max it out. they also fixed the loophole of pulling legendary armors to dismantle for Gunsmith rep. nofunallow.jpg :messenger_frowning_

oh a side note thou, at least they fixed the bug where Overload rounds won't stop the Overload Champ's health regen.

I really wish they’d lower the amount banshee needs to rank up. After the first couple ranks it’s agonizingly slow. I got him to rank 9 and it took my entire stockpiled vault + tons of drops from chests.

Dthomp

I really wish they’d lower the amount banshee needs to rank up. After the first couple ranks it’s agonizingly slow. I got him to rank 9 and it took my entire stockpiled vault + tons of drops from chests.
I feel like a fool for clearing my maxed vault BEFORE Witch Queen dropped…

RIP chest farm. Glad I got to 30 with Fynch already. Come on day one raid.
Wait is there some reason level 30 with Fynch matters for the raid?

I didn't bother with the stupid farm, I get enough crap that I have to figure out if I want to keep or dismantle, last thing I needed is more shit coming out of chests. But I would do the occasional Deep Sight thing when I saw one just to knock out Triumphs and ya know... the uhhh.. fun.. of solving these 'puzzles'. So of course they just completely disable the fucking things. Fuck you if you're just trying to play the game normally. Gotta farm while the farming is good I guess.

LordCBH

Wait is there some reason level 30 with Fynch matters for the raid?

Nah it don’t matter for the raid. It was just a super quick and easy source for gear drops. Plus the shader at rank 24 (or 25 can’t remember which) is pretty nice. One thing that people were doing is logging into the stadia version of the game with no expansions and running chests since they only drop world loot pool gear if you don’t have the expansion. People were farming Funnelweb that way.

No mention of them fixing the Ascendant Alloy weekly purchase reset at the cryptarch, did they fix that already? I haven't checked since Tuesday when it was broken

I happened to be in tower and checked right this moment, and no, still not available. I had not purchased any Alloy after the reset and it's not available to me.

LordCBH

Wardcliff Coil and Suppressive Glaive disabled for day one raid.

If you’ll excuse me I’m gonna go vault both of those with sadness.

Dthomp

This Week At Bungie 3/3/22

Guns and Armors disabled for Day 1 Raid:
  • Weapons
    • IKELOS_SMG_V1.0.2 Legendary SMG
    • Imperial Needle Legendary Bow
    • Grand Overture Exotic Machine Gun
    • Wardcliff Coil Exotic Rocket Launcher
  • Armor & Mods
    • Wormgod Caress Titan Exotic Gauntlets
    • Peregrine Greaves Titan Exotic Legs
    • Suppressing Glaive Artifact Armor Mod

This Week At Bungie 3/3/22

Guns and Armors disabled for Day 1 Raid:
  • Weapons
    • IKELOS_SMG_V1.0.2 Legendary SMG
    • Imperial Needle Legendary Bow
    • Grand Overture Exotic Machine Gun
    • Wardcliff Coil Exotic Rocket Launcher
  • Armor & Mods
    • Wormgod Caress Titan Exotic Gauntlets
    • Peregrine Greaves Titan Exotic Legs
    • Suppressing Glaive Artifact Armor Mod

tbf, the IKELOS SMG and Imperial Needle bow are kinda warranted since they somehow got the exotic buff also. the Peregrine one is kinda meh but I can still understand it. the rest thou, I'm not too sure what's the issue.

Dthomp

I think it is silly that they disable weapons for day 1 of raids....I mean....we should be able to use weapons we acquire.
But..but..the prestige of the hard mode race 🙄. They need to go back to early D1 where the raid drops a month into the expansion, gives time to make sure things aren’t wonky like they always are. Then you bring in hard mode the month after that, not backwards, but gotta keep the 1% happy having HARD content to gatekeep others out of. Remember, bungie isn’t telling you to go out and have fun in the raid, they are advertising you to watch others play it

for some reason, I thought the raid starts today. if it's tomorrow, I would be able to give it a try. that said, anyone has a spot for doing the raid tomorrow? a little last minute but my Warlock is all geared up at 1551 or so if anybody needs one.

splattered

I'm currently 1509 power with like a +4 bonus... have almost no upgrade modules at this point, no legendary shards (used them masterworking gear pieces to work towards the OP Ruinous Effigy Hunter build which is a ton of fun), and also no ascendant shards which i need to masterwork my Sixth Coyote exotic. (Actually i need to wait for a better stat version of this cause mine is high on strength and low on discipline - crafting another one looks like the stats would be better towards this build but low power at 45 ugh)

What are you guys doing for your upgrades right now? I'm trying to clear out all the powerful gear T1-3 stuff first and then i'll work on the pinnacle gear rewards but even then i don't think they're gonna drop super high? How are people already 1560 and higher light level? Sheesh

Last edited:

sainraja

I'm currently 1509 power with like a +4 bonus... have almost no upgrade modules at this point, no legendary shards (used them masterworking gear pieces to work towards the OP Ruinous Effigy Hunter build which is a ton of fun), and also no ascendant shards which i need to masterwork my Sixth Coyote exotic. (Actually i need to wait for a better stat version of this cause mine is high on strength and low on discipline - crafting another one looks like the stats would be better towards this build but low power at 45 ugh)

What are you guys doing for your upgrades right now? I'm trying to clear out all the powerful gear T1-3 stuff first and then i'll work on the pinnacle gear rewards but even then i don't think they're gonna drop super high? How are people already 1560 and higher light level? Sheesh
Playing through the campaign on legendary gives you access to upgrade modules. I have also been buying some from Banshee-44 but having legendary shards helped there. If you haven't played through the campaign on all characters, perhaps do legendary with ones you haven't yet?

splattered

Heh I've always only had the hunter. Back on d1 I had hunter and warlock but for d2 I've just focused on one character cause my time is more limited. Does the legendary campaign scale with light level? So it would still be tough now that I'm higher power? I ran through it in normal mode w my wife and son already, so I could do legendary now that I'm familiar with it I guess.

sainraja

Heh I've always only had the hunter. Back on d1 I had hunter and warlock but for d2 I've just focused on one character cause my time is more limited. Does the legendary campaign scale with light level? So it would still be tough now that I'm higher power? I ran through it in normal mode w my wife and son already, so I could do legendary now that I'm familiar with it I guess.
Back in D1, I started with Warlock on PlayStation and Hunter on Xbox. I ended up creating a Hunter on PlayStation too. I don't think the campaign scales based on light level (so it shouldn't be tougher). I have only been doing legendary and kinda taking my time through it. So far I feel it is a good balance. If you haven't done legendary, do it, you will get upgrade modules through it.

Last edited:

LordCBH

Well of Radiance is bugged and allows the user to generate basically infinite orbs just for having the subclass tree equipped.

Dthomp

Well is my day one build so if that gets disabled then…guess I’ll die?
I love the irony that they hated Self Rez in D1 cause people could rely or crutch on the, saving the day, so now instead we have to play a lock that stands in an unkillable well for what feels like forever and now they have to balance around that.

LordCBH

I love the irony that they hated Self Rez in D1 cause people could rely or crutch on the, saving the day, so now instead we have to play a lock that stands in an unkillable well for what feels like forever and now they have to balance around that.

Right? I would switch to hunter but my hunter is still super low because I haven’t had a chance to play him much yet cause of work

Dthomp

Right? I would switch to hunter but my hunter is still super low because I haven’t had a chance to play him much yet cause of work
I gotta check with the group I joined to see what class to bring, hope it’s not hunter. They seem to lack any use in day 1 raids in my past experiences. Worse yet is everybody making lfg groups always is like 4 out of 6 people as hunters wondering why nobody wants to join them

I'd say 3 characters is how... but really my first character hit the powerful cap of 1550 and could have been higher if I had really wanted to maximize, or if I was aware that DSC was dropping powerfuls. But if you factor in the artifact level I was probably there at that point. Though the artifact was somewhat powered by pre-loading bounties before the season on all 3 characters, which yields about 20 season pass levels before you even start actually playing.

I'm at a pretty big surplus of upgrade modules actually. I think on my second character a lot of them just went into ether as my postmaster is maxed out on them. So I didn't do legend campaign on my third. I can do that some other time, and it wasn't really necessary for the 1520 set, as if you do that on your first character and get up to 1550-ish, you will get past 1520 well before you finish normal campaign on another character.

There are leveling guides out there, the more soy-like in appearance the YouTuber the more likely it is to be accurate. With one character Legend campaign is the way to go but it's a little challenging. And if you don't have an actual good build it's probably too challenging. So maybe not the best for a casual 1 character player. But if you do that and all powerfuls/pinnacles you will be right at 1550 base level, or very close to it within one week of play.

There's really not much hurry unless you're trying day 1 raid, or maybe week 1 raid.

LordCBH

I gotta check with the group I joined to see what class to bring, hope it’s not hunter. They seem to lack any use in day 1 raids in my past experiences. Worse yet is everybody making lfg groups always is like 4 out of 6 people as hunters wondering why nobody wants to join them

Hunters are gonna be pretty nuts this time around I think. Mobius Quiver w/ Orpheus is doing dummy big numbers right now. 30% debuff applied to enemies + insane damage numbers.

Dthomp

Hunters are gonna be pretty nuts this time around I think. Mobius Quiver w/ Orpheus is doing dummy big numbers right now. 30% debuff applied to enemies + insane damage numbers.
True for sure, just with my experiences with day 1s, I’d rather have the wells and bubbles since you’re capped so low on day 1. But half this shot is broken with the void classes so who knows, maybe somebody just races thru this and shows just how overpowered theyve made everything.

Balboa

I fully upgraded my Glaive and it still doesn't have a gold masterworked border, booooooooo

I guess that's a thing of the past, any kind of special border would be fine

LordCBH

I’m not much of a builds person, and I’m grinding hard on my third character, got any build suggestions for Lock?

For day 1, literally anything for survivability. Warlock w/ devour will probably be good. Wellock w/ Linafactions is ALWAYS in high demand.

Dthomp

got in a random LFG party. my first day 1 raid. can't wait for dying dozens of times.

It's funny you think dozens, that's usually the first encounter :messenger_tears_of_joy:

As for anybody else, depending on how long I'm at it today, I may post something about maybe setting up a Raid through here if anybody actually wants to play together sometime tomorrow or Monday evening.

sainraja

I am going to sit the day 1 raid parties out and when the dust settles is when I will try to do it.....do we know which exotic we will eventually unlock through it?

Top Bottom