• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destroy All Humans 2: Reprobed - Announcement Trailer

Coming to the PS5, Xbox Series and PC.

First screenshots:

Destroy-All-Humans-2-Reprobed_2021_09-17-21_001.jpg
Destroy-All-Humans-2-Reprobed_2021_09-17-21_002.jpg
Destroy-All-Humans-2-Reprobed_2021_09-17-21_003.jpg
Destroy-All-Humans-2-Reprobed_2021_09-17-21_004.jpg
Destroy-All-Humans-2-Reprobed_2021_09-17-21_005.jpg
Destroy-All-Humans-2-Reprobed_2021_09-17-21_006.jpg
Destroy-All-Humans-2-Reprobed_2021_09-17-21_007.jpg
Destroy-All-Humans-2-Reprobed_2021_09-17-21_008.jpg
Destroy-All-Humans-2-Reprobed_2021_09-17-21_009.jpg
Destroy-All-Humans-2-Reprobed_2021_09-17-21_010.jpg

Box art:

Destroy-All-Humans-2-Reprobed_2021_09-17-21_013.jpg

Last edited:

bargeparty

Never played but probably better than the first? I played the first remake but it didn't hold my attention much.

ManaByte

The remake was handled well. They didn't censor or change anything for "modern audiences" they just put a trigger warning in-game.

Kuranghi

Awesome, had a blast with that first remake, can't wait to play this one. Day one on this.

If any of the devs are reading then please add something that lets you get a rough clue of where the last few probe collectibles are (if they are still in the 2nd game), I had to use a guide to get the very last one in the desert after searching for it for a literal hour.

I wonder if this will have RT on PS5, might get it on PS5 instead of PC if its nice looking and performant there, my GTX 1080 was struggling to keep 60fps at 4K in some areas even with lowered AO and shadow settings.

Ooh i'm down, still have to finish the first one though. 1 Looks good on ps5 but a bit blurry, glad this gets a native ps5 version.

Kuranghi

Ooh i'm down, still have to finish the first one though. 1 Looks good on ps5 but a bit blurry, glad this gets a native ps5 version.

It looks pretty stellar on PC when you crank up the resolution, this article has a bunch of 4K shots at the bottom:

and these are shitty jpegs which have been recompressed by imgur so its even nicer natively:

ZqZGDJy.jpeg

ZqZGDJy.jpeg
FbJbwLC.jpeg

The first one was pretty good, but definitely showed it's age. I knocked out all of it's content in a mere few days.

Hoping that this one offers more than just shiny graphics, because after doing the few challenges and finding the probes there's pretty much nothing to do and the mechanics are pretty limited.

Would be cool if this added some more depth to the levels so there's more to do outside of the story missions.

It looks pretty stellar on PC when you crank up the resolution, this article has a bunch of 4K shots at the bottom:

and these are shitty jpegs which have been recompressed by imgur so its even nicer natively:

ZqZGDJy.jpeg

ZqZGDJy.jpeg
FbJbwLC.jpeg
Yeah the default TAA on ue4 looks pretty blurry, not so much just because it's 1080p. Ditto crash 4, looks so blurry I waited for ps5 patch to play lol. Spyro is 1440p on ps4 pro though so it looks crisp but 1080p is too low for the AA.

Y'know it's funny in the ps3 era I thought to myself : yeah games will be looking crisp at 1080p with smaa/mlaa next gen...

TAA : "Think again kid." xD

Reactions: RNG

Kuranghi

Yeah the default TAA on ue4 looks pretty blurry, not so much just because it's 1080p. Ditto crash 4, looks so blurry I waited for ps5 patch to play lol. Spyro is 1440p on ps4 pro though so it looks crisp but 1080p is too low for the AA.

Y'know it's funny in the ps3 era I thought to myself : yeah games will be looking crisp at 1080p with smaa/mlaa next gen...

TAA : "Think again kid." xD

I do think the TAA looks a lot better in high-frequency detail games (like DAH, with the grass and such) as you approach 2160p, but less so in something like my example below.

The annoying thing is if you just put this under engine.ini:

[SystemSettings]
r.PostProcessAAQuality=6
r.TemporalAASharpness=1
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=1

With the 3rd one lowered a bit if the game has tons of high freqency detail or increased if its doesn't (1.5 looks amazing in Psychonauts 2 alongside 2160p, but 0.8 is more appropriate for something like Jedi: Fallen Order). If you want a softer/more filmic presentation then you can forgo the 3rd line altogether and just use the TAA sharpening and it still looks way better than default imo.

Even at 1440p with those settings (1.5 tonemapper sharpen), Psychonauts 2 looks super clean and has no sharpening arifacts or aliasing outside of completely horizontal high contrast edges but thats an issue for almost any AA and is rarely seen anyway, for example recently even 4K + 4xSGSSAA wasn't enough to remove aliasing like that from Dead Space 1 and thats total overkill supersampling wise.

I'll plug those settings into DAH2 day one, I used to mess with the number of TAA samples and the "currentframeweight" parameters but I've learned its sometimes best to just leave them at whatever the devs chose.

Top Bottom