• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destruction AllStars Delayed to Feb; Now Launching on PS+

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
"Those fans will play anything! Give me the 7th game in the same outdated franchise!"

:pie_thinking:
GT7 does everything i want from a next gen game.. Push gfx. :messenger_relieved:
srsly add B-spec mode and i will call it the Gran turismo station 7

Last edited:

Concern

Not surprised. We haven't seen anything about it since its announcement. Concept looks fun but no gameplay was suspect so close to launch.

Sethbacca

Honestly, this is a good move. I wanted to try this but not spend $70 on it before doing so. I'm in on day 1 in this case, hopefully it will be good and pick up some traction once people actually have it in hand. The complete lack of previews and media had me thinking it was going to be trash tier or delayed anyway.

hemo memo

Gold Member
:messenger_weary:

hype deflated

It’ll be free for PS+ members to download for 2 months and keep even after that. Not free for non PS+ subscribers and after 2 months it’ll be buy only for everyone.

They’ll not offer it for PS+ subscribers for only 2 months period. That’s beyond stupid.

Last edited:

peetfeet

I suspect they realise preorders are low (not suprising when we know very little about it), combine that with 'Limited' amounts of hardware at launch, equals not the greatest of starts for it. Good move to put it in Plus and refund those already preordered, gives the user another game to choose at launch. On that note, you think Sony have another game to replace it with at launch? Maybe too short notice.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Wow, that's an interesting change. I wonder if they didn't feel confident with it having a full MSRP? Hmm, well, regardless, this is smart adjustment. One of the few PS5 titles I was excited about at launch or at least interested in knowing more about.

cormack12

Gold Member
Sony trolling their own games 🤣🤣🤣

wtf are they the actual in game heads? what the actual fuck

Smart move but it should've been like this since the start. It looks bad now.

Nah, it's a win really. They're giving away a game for free that a lot of people probably wanted to try but weren't going to pay more than £20 for. Sure, it looks bad that they were trying to push it at £70 but I think the goodwill will outweigh the negatives here. I still don't think it will have long term success, probably 4-5 months between other big hitters.

Fbh

Seems reasonable.
They were sending it out to die as a Ps5 only, $70, multiplayer focused new IP.

Now at least it has a chance to get a lasting audience.

Last edited:

Zero7

Kind of seen a delay coming, given the lack of information or hype around the game. Making it free is also an excellent bonus.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
People can read, no need for your concern trolling.

Wasn't trolling, thats what I thought they meant.
They aren't completely clear on it, the wording isn't locked on. However, after re-reading it, it does seem likely they are including it. Of course, unlike xbox gold, if you leave ps plus, you don't get to keep the game.

ethomaz

Banned
Kind of seen a delay coming, given the lack of information or hype around the game. Making it free is also an excellent bonus.
It was one of the games they showed in the UI demo.

I believe the change is more about business decision (preorders were probably abysmal) then development delay... the game was ready to ship.

hemo memo

Gold Member
They probably don't want to launch their console with a game that they know is going to be DOA.

If only they showed more footage for the game which is the thing multiple media outlets asked for so people know what the fuck Destruction Allstars is.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
They aren't completely clear on it, the wording isn't locked on. However, after re-reading it, it does seem likely they are including it. Of course, unlike xbox gold, if you leave ps plus, you don't get to keep the game.

Keep plugging going. 🍿

dorkimoe

But what about the millions who were planning to queue up to buy this gem for the low price of $/£70? :messenger_face_screaming:

Glad they finally came to their senses.
It’s a system seller according to gaf ps fanboys.
I look forward to checking it out on plus now.

But but but people told me Sony marketing is great and laughed at other people who said Sony is sending games to die and that they have already showed everything and we are entitled to ask for more.
Super Funny indeed
For being such a warrior you apparently don’t know dick about your beloved Xbox.

you need a live gold subscription to play games with gold. You only never needed it for 360 games..
Get the fuck out of here

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
Super funny

599275.jpg

Sethbacca

Doubt anyone was salivating over this anyway.

I was pretty hype after the initial reveal. It looked promising. I won't say salivating, but I was definitely awaiting gameplay and considering a preorder up until nothing was shown in the weeks leading up to launch.

Iorv3th

This was part of the Gamestop bundle I pre-ordered. I wonder if that game will be replaced or they will just take 70$ off the price?

I was going to return it anyway.

Last edited:
If only they showed more footage for the game which is the thing multiple media outlets asked for so people know what the fuck Destruction Allstars is.
I doubt that would do the game any good. It's Bleeding Edge with cars and a 80 Euro price tag. Nobody is gonna be playing or talking about this game six months after it launches.

Bryank75

Banned
I was going with Godfall and Destiny as my live service games / time sinks at launch, so this is ideal.

Could turn it from a potential flop into next gens rocket league or something moderately successful at least.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
£69.99 for multiplayer only? 🤣
Though it had single player as well?!

No wonder it's free on PS+ it's DOA otherwise.

Last edited:
Not a bad option. This game was being setup for disaster due to lack of coverage and the price hike on Sony's games, plus there are more interesting titles in the launch lineup that would swallow it whole, so might as well give the development team more time to polish it up and experiment with some new ideas/features and build up anticipation.

Agent X

I really wonder why they decided to make this call 3 weeks before launch.

Post #10 (and many others afterward) in this thread contains the answer to this question.

There were many people clamoring for Sony to give this game out on PS Plus, so this should satisfy them now.

yurinka

I won't miss it at launch. I'll be too busy with Morales, Demon's Souls and Cyberpunk. And if I had to choose another game, I'd pick Sackboy.

I think it makes sense to delay it, because at launch many other people also may prefer CoD, AC, Watchdogs or FIFA. I also think it's a great fit for PS Plus, because people like me will play it there, but otherwise never would have bought this game. So it will have a way bigger userbase and who knows, maybe it ends being the next gen Rocket League / Fall Guys phenomenon due to launching in PS Plus.

Last edited:
Top Bottom