• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided Wasn’t Originally Going To Have Adam Jensen As Its Protagonist

Mista

Banned
33b74a0527dae6af58431322dc688b0581461c37.jpg

While speaking with VG247, Elias Toufexis, the voice of Adam Jensen revealed that the plan originally had been to make a new Deus Ex title with a completely new protagonist, following the series’ tradition up until that point for have a new main character with each new game. However, when the developers saw how quickly audiences had taken to Jensen, they changed their plans, and brought him back for the sequel.
“They called me for the sequel, and it was a great thing to hear because initially—and I don’t know if anybody knows this, I think it’s OK to say this now—initially they were going to make the sequel without Jensen. They were just going to make another Deus Ex game."
“And from what I remember when I was told, the marketing team said, ‘No, you can’t do that. Jensen has just bumped into this,’ like I said, this discussion of top video game characters ever. ‘You can’t just not make a game without him, when you have him ready to go.’ And they agreed, and they continued the story of Human Revolution.”

Good, because without my twin the game is definitely not worth it!
GamingBolt

Verdanth

We need a follow-up to Mankind Divided.

Adam Jensen, the story and the setting are too damn good to be lost in time.

Last edited:
Reactions: RSB

Saber

Gold Member
They should do a remake of Human Revolution. That game is worth the praise.

As for Adam, yeah he is a good character.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Bank level in MD alone is better than HR (which is also a good game, not talking down about it)

Mankind Divided is so much more dense. More intricate levels, more ways to interact with the environment. It felt like a game proper made for keyboard/mouse interface like classic Deus Ex.

zcaa0g

Banned
Bank level in MD alone is better than HR (which is also a good game, not talking down about it)

Mankind Divided is so much more dense. More intricate levels, more ways to interact with the environment. It felt like a game proper made for keyboard/mouse interface like classic Deus Ex.

But largely in just one location being Prague and Deus Ex has always been about having multiple unique locations, especially the first one. Bank level was great, but HR was more consistently great.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Hopefully with the Cyberpunk 2077 popularity, maybe Square Enix and Eidos can fucking finish the trilogy already. I've already forgotten most of the stuff and at this point, I'm not sure they can bring back new people into the universe. What a shame, one of my favorite games ever.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Yeah I loved messing around in that bank. I also loved A Criminal Past DLC; it had those Prison Break feels.

Last edited:

Glip_Glop

Elias is such a talented actor of both film and voice. A buddy worked with him on The Expanse, said he was just an easy-going professional dude.

Roni

Gold Member
We need a follow-up to Mankind Divided.

Adam Jensen, the story and the setting are too damn good to be lost in time.

True!

Still pissed we only got half a game though.

I'd agree the build up felt it was for something far bigger than the ending we got.

They really improved movement with the new cover system too. A few steps above HR in terms of gameplay, no doubt!

Ristifer

I miss this series. MD deserves to have its story continued. I do like HR more, but that's probably because it felt like an entire story, whereas MD just felt like it was cut off.

Reactions: RSB
Top Bottom