• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry and Dragon's Dogma Director Hideaki Itsuno Teases New Game

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Hideaki Itsuno is teasing a new game. For those that don't know, Itsuno is a director and designer for Capcom, and is responsible for shepherding the Devil May Cry and Dragon's Dogma. Beyond this, he's also worked on and influenced series like Power Stone, Street Fighter, and Darkstalkers. While he's not as well known as some of the biggest video game directors and creators in Japan, like Hideo Kojima and Hidetaka Miyazaki, he's a prominent figure in the industry and on his way to hall-of-fame status. Suffice to say, when he teases a new game, many pay attention, particularly Devil May Cry and Dragon's Dogma fans.

Over on Twitter, Itsuno provided an end-of-the-year update whilst wishing everyone a happy new year. To this end, Itsuno notes "the next project is definitely ahead of last year," which is to say, it's made progress. Adding to this, Itsuno asks his fans to "please look forward to it."

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Capcom leaks pointed to Dragon's Dogma 2 being in development, so yeah my hopes are on that one.

I really liked the first one, even to the point to say it's one of my favs. Lots of jank and cut content but man, what's there is amazing: I loved how the world was cool to explore without being filled up with shit, the combat's one of the best ever, and the DLC dungeon was just the icing on the cake.

Fahdis

Shocked Eyes GIF

This got my attention!

decisions

Probably DD, but I’m hoping DMC gets another release without another extended hiatus.

The game seems to have sold well enough, but is not good enough for the series to end on IMO. The art style and V’s gameplay being mandatory means I haven’t touched the game since release. Whenever I want DMC I find myself firing up DMC4 again, and I’m sad that DMC5 didn’t really change that.

chriskun

Probably DD, but I’m hoping DMC gets another release without another extended hiatus.

The game seems to have sold well enough, but is not good enough for the series to end on IMO. The art style and V’s gameplay being mandatory means I haven’t touched the game since release. Whenever I want DMC I find myself firing up DMC4 again, and I’m sad that DMC5 didn’t really change that.
Oh wow, I enjoyed DMC5 way more than DMC4. The combat pacing in DmC4 was way off to me,. Im curious though, what do you think brings you back to DMC4 more?

Mr Hyde

Dragons Dogma 2 would be a dream come true. Been waiting for a sequel now for 10 fucking years.

Last edited:

NT80

I'm playing through Dragon's Dogma now on PC for the first time after putting it off for years. I played and liked the demo on 360 and always meant to play it long before now. It's good and pretty ambitious for it's time but I'd really like to see what they could with the current gen. Hopefully if it comes it will not be cross gen. DD1 really struggled on PS3/360.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Don't know if it would be suited to a game like this
They used it in MH: Rise, which had kinda big scenarios and fights that are like fighting the big monsters in DD. I would put my money in them using RE engine.

Kuranghi

I missed the boat on Dragons Dogma and I have no friends who'd play it with me anyway at this point so can't wait to see a new one and try it when its a part of the zeitgeist.

Right now all I have to go by thats its amazing is the main theme and an EZA video I watched once where they took hours to travel a short distance lol.

Top Bottom