• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devolver Digital valued at $950m as it floats on London Stock Exchange

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Devolver Digital has begun trading on AIM, a sub-market London Stock Exchange, in a floatation that values the indie publisher at close to $1 billion.

The company's stock went live at 8am this morning. Devolver's raised $261 million (£190 million) around its admission to AIM, valuing the company at $950 million (£694.6 million) -- in line with initial reports of the publisher's IPO plans earlier this year.

This makes it the largest ever US-based company by market capitalisation to be admitted to the London Stock Exchange, and the second largest company ever to trade on AIM.

According to Fieldfisher, the European law firm that advised Devolver, the publisher has received a "significant strategy investment from a key industry player," plus support from US institutional investors.

GamesIndustry.biz has also learned that Sony Interactive Entertainment will be making a 5% investment in the company.

The floatation provides Devolver Digital with $50 million in gross proceeds that will be put towards the company's expansion plans. It also included a secondary cash placing of $211 million for management and existing investors, including NetEase, which retains an investment in the company.

"An IPO is the right choice for us to ensure our continued growth and support even more wonderful games," siad CEO Douglas Morin. "Most importantly, it will allow us to retain our culture.

"Being a public company gives liquidity to our amazing team, all of whom are shareholders. It also gives us access to capital markets to continue investing in our growth strategy and talent."

Last edited:

Allforce

I think it's dope these guys never got bought out, they've put out some amazing shit remarkably often.

But it can't last long I'm sure.

EDMIX

I think it's dope these guys never got bought out, they've put out some amazing shit remarkably often.

piff you just saying this cause its Friday, lets see you say that shit on Tuesday Night at 11.59pm and MS just tweeted something cryptic. lol

I feel they are even doing this cause they are looking for that buyout in the first place. At this point with this buying war....anyone can get it. Nothing surprises me anymore.

STARSBarry

Gold Member

Effectively it ended as soon as they went on the stock market, because now the company is secondary it's all about how much return it can generate for those investors, thats who they answer too now.

Death Atlas

Neo Member
Effectively it ended as soon as they went on the stock market, because now the company is secondary it's all about how much return it can generate for those investors, thats who they answer too now.
So you're telling me that Hotline Miami 3 might actually happen now? Could this be the start of the great Investor Redemption Arc?
AVVEhyQ.jpg

Last edited:
Trading 212 are onto this it seems but Interactive Brokers don't have it up yet.

Interested in buying this myself. Genuine Investors tend to want the company to grow and do well mostly.

They seem to have a great record of doing this and the top brass have skin in the game too.

Funny they went onto the AIM market and not Main Market, means they are not looked into as strictly as the standard LSE. Also means the volatility of the stock will swing wildly...could be a good way to average into the Company and hold for 5+ years!

Last edited:
coming back here just to point out, I think its funny Sony keep investing under 10% everywhere.

It did them good with Spotify. And they probably regret not doing it with Epic.

Top Bottom