• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: Battlefield 2042: PS5 vs Xbox Series X/S - The Digital Foundry Tech Review

MonarchJT

Banned
Frustrated The Sopranos GIF

My point is they are all upscaling techniques and PS5's technique may be the best of all consoles.

The images don't lie.
If both of you would forget about TF, this discussion would be much better.
Sony cbr demonstrated to have lots of limits too ..i don't think that BF is using Sony technique btw

Romulus

Imagine being triggered about zooming in DF tech thread.
That's what DF do

No, that's what you do. Give them views to talk about virtually identical comparisons.

The only thing DF matters for XSX vs ps45 anymore is framerate or the occasional bad port lowered resolution. This is grasping, forcing a conversation.

Last edited:

FrankWza

No, that's what you do. Give them views to talk about virtually identical comparisons.

The only thing DF matters for XSX vs ps45 anymore is framerate or the occasional bad port lowered resolution. This is grasping, forcing a conversation.
It matters to every person who said they were going to use the PS5 for exclusives and the series x for all multiplats because they thought there would be a gulf. There isn’t but you still need those exclusives.

the main point in my opinion about almost all of those PS5 vs Xbox Series X Threads is that PS5 is not that Inferior to Xbox Series X as Fanboys of the latter tryd to make us believe since the infamous Github leak.

There was Talk about a 9Tf Console wich needs to throttle down in graphically intensive Games. There was Talk about 3Tflops more will make a big diffrence. There was talk about VRS would amplify all those advantages

Now we are here again comparing pracitally identical pictures..
I think Xbox Fanboys should stop trying find their superior console win in near identical looking Game Versions..

the main point in my opinion about almost all of those PS5 vs Xbox Series X Threads is that PS5 is not that Inferior to Xbox Series X as Fanboys of the latter tryd to make us believe since the infamous Github leak.

There was Talk about a 9Tf Console wich needs to throttle down in graphically intensive Games. There was Talk about 3Tflops more will make a big diffrence. There was talk about VRS would amplify all those advantages

I think Xbox Fanboys should stop trying find their superior console win in near identical looking Game Versions..

Do we know who leaked that data in the first place?

Dr.Morris79

Has become my favorite shooter by far
I've been absolutely hooked on it since I got stuck in, it's the Forgotten hope I wanted when I was hooked on Forgotten hope! I've been a die hard Battlefielder since the 1st but I can honestly say this is my new go to, the atmosphere alone is second to none.

People who love the orginal Battlefield 1942 really need to give it a go.

assurdum

Banned
in this game
the PS5 run tall 17% lower res
at the same fps

there is the gulf
Considered in some shots IQ seems even better on ps5 who care? Still unbelievable see the same side continue to deny to see any difference when even El Analist noticed it. At least some intellectual honesty would be appreciable. Again can someone post a screenshot where XSX higher resolution is clearly evident? There are tons of sources. I just read excuse but not a factual single evidence of the superior 17% resolution in action.

Last edited:
Considered in some shots IQ seems even better on ps5 who care? Still unbelievable see the same side continue to deny to see any difference when even El Analist noticed it. At least some intellectual honesty would be appreciable. Again can someone post a screenshot where XSX higher resolution is clearly evident? There are tons of sources. I just read excuse but not a factual single evidence of the superior 17% resolution in action.
I posted the 300% zoom of the tower you mentioned looking a tiny bit better on Xbox. Don't think any of the differences aside from the big stutters would be noticable while playing though.

I posted the 300% zoom of the tower you mentioned looking a tiny bit better on Xbox. Don't think any of the differences aside from the big stutters would be noticable while playing though.
Where are the 3 Terror Flops you Guys promised me to be visible?
When is the PS5 downclocking thing happening ??

awkward pulp fiction GIF

Edit:
And dont tell me now its not the right time .. Xbox One was clearly inferior to PS4 from the get go..
The only blow that thing ever traded was when Don Mattrik had its design scematics on his desk along with a letter from his engineers explaining to him why going with 32mibyte of esRam instead of using GDDR5 would mees up their Generation. Instead of reading it he recieved an blowjob from his secretary ..

And since then every single Multiplattform Game was significantly worse on Xbone One..
If hardware IS inferior Games will show it.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
Better? Lol. It lack of pixels in some lines where on ps5 are drawed. The hell even you are talking about. Even the texture in the ground are more blurred on XSX. Are you people blind or what.

Last edited:
Better? Lol. It lack of pixels in some lines where on ps5 are drawed. The hell even you are talking about. Even the texture in the ground are more blurred on XSX. Are you people blind or what.
Yes better, it's quite clear as well. Help yourself to point out those lines missing. Take the pics I posted and circle them or point at them please. The ground I didn't mention and has nothing to do with resolution or upscaling.

assurdum

Banned
The first one is missing detail on the cable going across the screen, while the second picture is missing detail in the far distant crane and the top cables on the crane on the right.

Overall the resolution difference here is small, and the image quality is basically identical.
The crane more close is also more aliased in the first picture

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war

Same can be said for last gen but the other way round.

assurdum

Banned
First image looks to have cleaner lines and more birds in the sky so it wins, whichever console that is...you have more birds! You win!
I can't care less. I just said ps5 can have better IQ in some shot even with less native pixels and I proved it. Never talked of abyssal difference. Find a single post by me about the superior version. Hardly I engage such conversation. I'm not Riky or Berndt.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I can't care less. I just said ps5 can have better IQ in some shot even with less native pixels and I proved it. Never talked of abyssal difference.

I genuinely have no idea which shot was which console, I was just trying to makea joke, they more or look identical. I guess from your response the top one was xbox?

Sosokrates

Are you trying to say the difference between Xone and PS4 was like ps5 Vs XSX? You can't be serious.

Well, it aint that different, sure the 720p games was not great but even 1080p back then was not great because AA was not good at stopping alaising back then.

People are going to have there opinions on what resolution is acceptable, my point is, its nothing new that small visual differences matter a lot to console fans.

Hardware power is a product of fanboyism each side fires each other up.
I remember back in the era speculation threats users like thuway and other isers like him would be "PS5 is gonna be goat 🐐 heheh" and of course there were also xbox fans saying ps5 is going to be a disaster etc etc
This is just the way it is, its nothing new.

skit_data

Finally got a 4k TV now and… boy these small res differences can impossibly be noticeable to anyone.
I can’t tell 1440p from 4k.

Maybe I just need glasses, I’m getting old.

assurdum

Banned
Well, it aint that different, sure the 720p games was not great but even 1080p back then was not great because AA was not good at stopping alaising back then.

People are going to have there opinions on what resolution is acceptable, my point is, its nothing new that small visual differences matter a lot to console fans.

Hardware power is a product of fanboyism each side fires each other up.
I remember back in the era speculation threats users like thuway and other isers like him would be "PS5 is gonna be goat 🐐 heheh" and of course there were also xbox fans saying ps5 is going to be a disaster etc etc
This is just the way it is, its nothing new.
Dude xone was a disastrous hardware. You should check again DF because late in the generation show terrible performance issue in multiplat compared the PS4. Blurred IQ and unstable fps was quite common.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

Dude xone was a disastrous hardware. You should check again DF because late in the generation show terrible performance issue in multiplat compared the PS4. Blurred IQ and unstable fps was quite common.
So if the x1 was disastrous then the PS4 must of been just bad.

No doubt the PS4 was clearly more powerful but its just a bit funny to be like "why are people complaining about small differences"

Its always been the case. And then people will go "but the difference between 900p and 1080p are way more apparent then 1512p vs 1700p"

Its all subjective.

assurdum

Banned
So if the x1 was disastrous then the PS4 must of been just bad.

No doubt the PS4 was clearly more powerful but its just a bit funny to be like "why are people complaining about small differences"

Its always been the case. And then people will go "but the difference between 900p and 1080p are way more apparent then 1512p vs 1700p"

Its all subjective.
Not everything is subjective. The difference in performance between XSX and PS5 are not remotely comparable to XONE or XONEX Vs PS4 and PRO. It's normal call small or negligible such difference compared the past generation. Even the developers said it.

Last edited:

Sosokrates

It's not subjective. The difference in performance between XSX and PS5 are not remotely comparable to XONE or XONEX Vs PS4 and PRO. It's normal call small or negligible compared the past generation. Even the developers said it.

Its subjective how much these visuals differences matter to people.

Top Bottom