• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: Grand Theft Auto 5 'Next-Gen' Upgrades Analysis: PS5 vs PS4 vs Maxed-Out PC!

ManaByte

Gold Member
Clicks I suppose.

Sites like DF or IGN are legitimately trying to compare the technical aspects. ElAnalistaDeBits just wants YouTube views so if he can rile up console warriors to share his bullshit on Twitter as ammo in their plastic box wars, it'll get more eyes on his channel and more YouTube earnings.

Sites like DF or IGN are legitimately trying to compare the technical aspects. ElAnalistaDeBits just wants YouTube views so if he can rile up console warriors to share his bullshit on Twitter as ammo in their plastic box wars, it'll get more eyes on his channel and more YouTube earnings.

Oh I know it’s why I don’t ever use him. DF, NXgamer and VGtech are the best in my opinion.

ManaByte

Gold Member

Loading from dashboard @2:22 mark.
Not his fault the Series version doesn't skip logo/intro.

Saying he is using the XB1 version and saying he should be banned shows you didn't watch his whole video.

There's a reason, not a season as to why DF is comparing the PS5 to PC.

That's NOT the next-gen version (notice how he doesn't show the icon?). The next-gen version has a loading percentage that counts up to 100% right next to your username. The Xbox footage there doesn't have that.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
You and ManaByte ManaByte where saying ElAnalistaDeBits is not credible and should be banned. But yet showed a video proving ElAnalistaDeBits is indeed correct about dashboard to gameplay takes over a minute on XBSX.

And you think it's right to call me ignorant after that stunt you tried to pull.

Bruh you're literally asking me why i "conveniently" didn't put a comparison where one console is running unskipable videos and the other isn't, as a gacha? really ?

Do I need to add anything more to that ?

Last edited:

adamsapple

You like to always pick and choose what favors you. This is why I don't like discussing anything with you.

I'm not the one who started posting the badly cropped and false loading time pictures in the first place. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

Why do you always post something that doesn't align with some users agendas, mana? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Mr Moose

That dude is a banned source for a reason.
Though his footage looks higher than 1080p so I don't know, I'll wait for someone else to do it (DF/VG).

adamsapple

He was, but people seem to keep posting his stuff.
Can't blame anyone for that honestly, he's usually one of the first persons who puts out a comparison video for most of the new games that are coming out.

And everyone wants to be the first one to post something new on a forum.

Loxus

I'm not the one who started posting the badly cropped and false loading time pictures in the first place. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

Why do you always post something that doesn't align with some users agendas, mana? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Dude you literally posted a video with Xbox load times over a minute in the same scenario.
WTF
The Office Reaction GIF by NETFLIX

and it's zoomed in to the loading icon to show it wasn't speedup on all devices.

Mr Moose

Why aren't they using Kraken? That shit is free.
Can't blame anyone for that honestly, he's usually one of the first persons who puts out a comparison video for most of the new games that are coming out.

And everyone wants to be the first one to post something new on a forum.
He's using an old version of trdrop so can't trust his fps results, and maybe loading times and other stuff he says.

Last edited:

assurdum

Banned
Wow now a channel as Elanalist notorious to be Xbox sided, suddenly cheating loading comparison in favour of the playstation. Some you people have really no shame.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
That's why that guy's videos were banned here at one point. That's running the Xbox BC version and trying to pass it off as the next-gen version. It's not over a minute load time on the XSX version.
Its not that, its this:

Loading from dashboard @2:22 mark.
Not his fault the Series version doesn't skip logo/intro.

Saying he is using the XB1 version and saying he should be banned shows you didn't watch his whole video.

There's a reason, not a season as to why DF is comparing the PS5 to PC and not XBSX to PC.

Yup, the thing is, skipping logos is something that was talked about for the PS5 before it even launched. Its a feature, or supposed to be one.

Granted thats supposed to happen after a normal boot showing the logos. And even then its hit or miss when it happens. But...this isnt the first 3rd party game to do this. IIRC RE Village also did this.

Its kinda wild one video calls it cheating....but then shows quick resume in the same video and that's fine. PS5 and Xbox Series do this differently.

A feature is a feature, it is what it is.

Now we see a million loading comparisons...lol.

The PS5 vs Xbox Series comparisons from DF and NXGamer is gonna be a doozy.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Its not that, its this:

Yup, the thing is, skipping logos is something that was talked about for the PS5 before it even launched. Its a feature, or supposed to be one.

Granted thats supposed to happen after a normal boot showing the logos. And even then its hit or miss when it happens. But...this isnt the first 3rd party game to do this. IIRC RE Village also did this.

Its kinda wild one video calls it cheating....but then shows quick resume in the same video and that's fine. PS5 and Xbox Series do this differently.

Ok then, do a comparison between Quick Resume and loading the PS5 version. A feature is a feature, it is what is is.

But when you compare the two from a cold boot, when the PS5 doesn't skip the logos, the actual loading is identical. You're on the actual loading screen for about 30 seconds on both. There might be a 1 or 2 second difference between them.

jroc74

Why aren't they using Kraken? That shit is free.

He's using an old version of trdrop so can't trust his fps results, and maybe loading times and other stuff he says.
Now, I do agree with this.

IMO, that person hasn't been reliable since these consoles launched.

Even the game size, I assume its region related but on my PS5 its 86GB, I'm in the US.

I kept wondering why I saw ppl posting 92GB.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I, personally, count loading in this game from 0% to 100%. Sure, the logo skip will get you in the game faster but the actual loading times aren't that.

And they're identical between the two systems. It's not 2x the loading on one console over the other like ElAnalistaDeBits is pushing for views and others are parroting here for reasons.

adamsapple

Dude you literally posted a video with Xbox load times over a minute in the same scenario.
WTF
The Office Reaction GIF by NETFLIX

and it's zoomed in to the loading icon to show it wasn't speedup on all devices.

Bruh I think you're having two different conversations in your mind lol.

I'm posting load time comparisons between the consoles where they're actually loading, not where an unskipable video is playing in one of them.

Elemenopee has been banned on GAF long before this video for a reason.

I think he labeled as such because it's not a viable direct one to one comparison.

PS5 doesn't have a quick resume alternate so it just says Not Available, there's nothing to compare with there.

assurdum

Banned
Poor DF, cant even post a video that has positive coverage of the PS5 without being called MS shills. Honestly I'm not even sure what would satisfy that crowd at this point.

Quite sad really.
Maybe not celebrate the higher native pixels counts, could satisfy such crowd and help them to avoid to be called MS shills. Just to say eh

Last edited:

Mr Moose

And they're identical between the two systems. It's not 2x the loading on one console over the other like ElAnalistaDeBits is pushing for views and others are parroting here for reasons.
Yeah the actual loading seems to be about 20 seconds.
They should've used Kraken to reduce the file size on PS5 (I think it's the largest of the two?), Rock* always fucking something up. Shitty broken CB in RDR2, laughable trilogy and the lack of decent x AF in this game :messenger_weary:

Last edited:

jroc74

Ok then, do a comparison between Quick Resume and loading the PS5 version. A feature is a feature, it is what is is.

But when you compare the two from a cold boot, when the PS5 doesn't skip the logos, the actual loading is identical. You're on the actual loading screen for about 30 seconds on both. There might be a 1 or 2 second difference between them.
Uh...I literally said a feature is a feature...it is what it is.

I wouldn't call quick resume cheating, but I also wouldn't call the PS5 skipping logos cheating either...

......a feature is a feature....it is what it is.......

Its not that serious....

Bruh I think you're having two different conversations in your mind lol.

I'm posting load time comparisons between the consoles where they're actually loading, not where an unskipable video is playing in one of them.

Elemenopee has been banned on GAF long before this video for a reason.

I think he labeled as such because it's not a viable direct one to one comparison.

PS5 doesn't have a quick resume alternate so it just says Not Available, there's nothing to compare with there.
Exactly.....so they could have also said that for the skipping logos...

I dont consider either one cheating.

Last edited:

Lysandros

You and ManaByte ManaByte where saying ElAnalistaDeBits is not credible and should be banned. But yet showed a video proving ElAnalistaDeBits is indeed correct about dashboard to gameplay takes over a minute on XBSX.

And you think it's right to call me ignorant after that stunt you tried to pull.
Michael Jordan Reaction GIF
As far as i know ElAnalistaDeBits is already banned on this site.

ManaByte

Gold Member
They should've used Kraken to reduce the file size on PS5 (I think it's the largest of the two?), Rock* always fucking something up. Shitty broken CB in RDR2, laughable trilogy and the lack of decent x AF in this game :messenger_weary:

Lets say 30 to be fair, but it might be a little less. It's about 90GB on PS5 and just over 80 on XSX.

adamsapple

Yeah, in general its weird.

The Series S should *NOT* be as big as Series X version either. It should be smaller in size.

R* don't care.

adamsapple

I think it's because it uses the same textures, the only difference is the res (and RT maybe).
True, true.

Even though I already own 3 different SKUs of GTA V, I'm legitimately considering buying it again before that half price deal ends.

sigh

How is this thread suddenly about Xbox despite that version not being discussed in the title or the OP?

It's a sickness.

dave-peace.gif

Last edited:

Mr Moose

True, true.

Even though I already own 3 different SKUs of GTA V, I'm legitimately considering buying it again before that half price deal ends.

sigh
Only £9 or something, I will probably get it though fuck the online I hope I don't have to download that crap too.
I haven't played it since the PS3 version, so I'm enjoying playing through it again and can vaguely remember some of the missions I'm replaying now.
I bought it twice so far (PS3/PS4), it's sort of like Skyrim, I'll buy/play it again and again.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Only £9 or something, I will probably get it though fuck the online I hope I don't have to download that crap too.

I bought it twice so far (PS3/PS4), it's sort of like Skyrim, I'll buy/play it again and again.

I bought it on PS4/XBO too but mostly to check out Online. Didn't really play the SP on those. I'm replaying it now though at 60 RT.

Mr Moose

Online is included in the 90/80GB download. Even if you only "buy" online you get the full client.
Fuck. I guess it wouldn't make too much of a difference to the file size since it's the same map. I'll have to get myself an internal SSD soon.

Top Bottom