• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: Guardians of the Galaxy: PS5 vs Xbox Series X - Ray Tracing Upgrades Tested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmunter

Haha, stop you’re killing me. Or at least a brain cell with each post 😂

Nice way to wrap up an evening. Every forum needs a class clown.

Three

Love all this talk about RDNA 2 and "real next gen games" again by the usual suspects. As if we didn't get Metro Exodus and Matrix Awakens as next gen games/demos where the resolution was somewhere around 512p, 538p respectively and still was missing geometry or effects outside of resolution on a Series S. Give it up guys.

ethomaz

Banned
Why lie? I never said that so good luck finding it. I said Series S could push PS5 settings at a lower resolution if you check the thread.
Man do you love to lie to yourself, no? Because you clearly said it.

I'm flattered that the blue sheep were so triggered by that post that they screen grab it and use it constantly, there is a reason they never link the post or thread though, because the other posts give it context.
It also doesn't say anything about surpassing the PS5, another lie.
When we see all the performance saving features used we'll talk about it, I still think it can push the same settings a lower resolution, time will tell.

Why people feel the need to bump threads from months ago to try and bait me though is quite strange.
Well...

Last edited:

dcmk7

Banned
Was it this?
cShuKPW.png
:messenger_grinning_smiling:

Might be the stupidest thing anyone has ever said on this forum. Clueless.

dcmk7

Banned
Love all this talk about RDNA 2 and "real next gen games" again by the usual suspects. As if we didn't get Metro Exodus and Matrix Awakens as next gen games/demos where the resolution was somewhere around 512p, 538p respectively and still was missing geometry or effects outside of resolution on a Series S. Give it up guys.
To make matters worse the Matrix Awakens experience was significantly below 533p according to DF, just how low hasn't been revealed.

DaGwaphics

And the end results still look damn good.

ms5Km79.jpg

OFRwtE3.jpg

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

To make matters worse the Matrix Awakens experience was significantly below 533p according to DF, just how low hasn't been revealed.

You can see the internal render resolution easily enough on XSS, just take a screenshot and let Xbox upload the image. The img gets saved at the internal res, while saving to a USB drive will net you the output res of 1080p. There isn't much variability there.

Riky

$MSFT
Man do you love to lie to yourself, no? Because you clearly said it.

Well...
Well, why still lie?

He said I said "surpass" PS5, quote proves I never said that.

Also to bring it up in a thread for a last gen game which uses none of those features is a bit stupid really.

As is bumping a thread from months ago to say nothing new about the game but to just bait people, probably against forum rules, a mod can clarify.

Last edited:

Three

The games mentioned above don't use the "secret sauce", but you already know that.
Matrix Awakens Unreal Engine 5 demo and Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition? Yes they do.

"secret sauce" doesn't exist, that's the point, but if by secret sauce you mean a RDNA2 gpu; Metro Exodus requires a RDNA 2 card and Matrix awakens is a new engine built for next gen. The "This is cross gen game" excuse for Series S falls flat.

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Resurrecting old threads so that fanboys can battle it out again.

Mods asleep at the wheel again I see
I think we need that next gen tech thread back, it was glorious and one of the funniest thread here too(although I'll always keep in mind the guy that mashed the O button thinking his game was buggy).

Vognerful

I think we need that next gen tech thread back, it was glorious and one of the funniest thread here too(although I'll always keep in mind the guy that mashed the O button thinking his game was buggy).
Bro I was banned from that thread, not because I used to argue with Sony guys, but because I used to post news links. Mods decided I was spamming the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom