• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Halo Infinite on Consoles: Xbox Series X/S vs Xbox One S/X - Can Xbox One Run It?

Stuart360

The framerate on base XB1 looks really bad, even when its 30fps. They should of added motion blur for 30fps modes.

Riky

$MSFT
Again... well wrong with the settings claim.

- near-to-far foliage draw is identical
- quality of texture filtering is identical
- depth of field is identical
- shadows are comparable
- trees render slightly further towards the distance on Xbox One X
- Texture quality is very similar but blurry on Series S
- IQ sharper and cleaner on Xbox One X
ensQPZF.jpg

Look at the mountains and trees bottom left, that's why they say Series X has the same settings as Series S at DF.

Riky

$MSFT
What fact? That the 60fps mode is better on the Series S then the One X? I thought that should be obvious as the Series S holds 60fps far better and the resolution does not drop as much in intense scenes.

Sure the One X is better at 30fps, but no one is going to choose that over the 60fps mode.

Exactly the 30fps mode is pointless really, people will play the version that holds the best framerate of the two which is Series S.

Riky

$MSFT
Read the dam article and stop to see things that only exists in your head.

DF said the opposite of what are you trying to say.
I've posted a screenshot, you can see it with your own eyes, there are more trees in the bottom left and more details on the mountains, denying that is just making you look stupid.

"Not only that, Series X also uses the occasionally higher-grade textures seen on Series S."
LZe4bsL.jpg

ethomaz

Banned
I've posted a screenshot, you can see it with your own eyes, there are more trees in the bottom left and more details on the mountains, denying that is just making you look stupid.

"Not only that, Series X also uses the occasionally higher-grade textures seen on Series S."
LZe4bsL.jpg
You pic shows more three in the Series X version…

Said that yes I quoted the part that occasionally Series S uses better texture but most of time it uses the same texture quality as XB1X.

You are still in denial lol

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
You pic shows more three in the Series X version…

Said yes I quoted the part that occasionally Series S uses better texture but most of time it uses the same texture quality as XB1X.

You are still in denial lol

We're talking about Xbox One X and Series S, look at the mountains and then look in the bottom left at the amount of trees, are you seriously denying what your eyes are showing you?

ethomaz

Banned
We're talking about Xbox One X and Series S, look at the mountains and then look in the bottom left at the amount of trees, are you seriously denying what your eyes are showing you?
I’m denying what?

The whole video and article says what I posted and you keep trying to create a false narrative since first post.

I made even a summary that is factually correct.

Just because you made a false claim that people corrected you doesn’t mean you can foul everybody to think otherwise lol

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Spamming a cherry picked picture? You did similiar when you had your last breakdown and actually got banned for spamming.

Digital Foundry article actually paints the entire picture, unfortunately for you.

It does, one holds its framerate better than the other and has a higher minimum resolution.

Riky

$MSFT
So it's....

1. XSX
2. XBO X
3. xss
4. xbo

Not really.

Xbox One X runs at generally higher resolution as expected over Series S.

Series S has some higher grade textures, keeps to 60fps better with One X dipping into the forties, loads a lot quicker. Series S doesn't drop as low resolution wise as One X in performance mode.

dcmk7

Banned
You must not of watched the video.
Good news is... footnotes are in the OP.
This was the surprising bit for me.
Series S image quality is markedly inferior to Xbox One X. The dynamic 4K of One X drops down a locked 1080p instead, with the same 30fps target. In truth, this looks like a heavy cut-back and we'd hope to see an upgrade to 1440p at some point for Series S. Settings-wise, near-to-far foliage draw is identical between One X and Series S, as is the quality of texture filtering, depth of field, and even shadows are comparable. There are differences however, if minor: trees render slightly further towards the distance on Xbox One X, but it's a subtle change. Texture quality is very similar too, albeit a touch more blurry on Series S owing to the lower resolution. However, there are some scenarios where Series S appears to have the better of the old machine in assets but even so, Xbox One X is the sharper and cleaner of the two by running at a dynamic 4K

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I was playing it earlier. It is pretty good so far and looks decent enough on the XsX. But damn 343 are pushing out a game that I don't consider finished.
I agree as I am playing it at 120 hz and not finished describes it pretty well.

Even the resolution drops at 120 is quite noticeable imo but it is fairly smooth even if I havent hit the areas of low frames yet

Riky

$MSFT
Riky Riky
You are trolling

Nah just quoting facts.

Xbox One X has framepacing issues in quality mode.
Xbox One X drops frames in performance mode into the forties.

Series S doesn't have these issues.

"Similar to the base machine, its 30fps cap isn't quite as good as it should be with frame-time stutter causing problems"

"Expect a 45fps-60fps range, depending on just how taxing the battle scenes are."

"The pay-off is a mostly perfect 60fps. Across all of our capture, there's barely a lurch into the 50fps region to report on. Sacrificing a more dynamic 1080p to hit and crucially to sustain 60fps seems to work out just fine."

Last edited:

Zathalus

Not sure what some people are on if they think the One X version is better than the Series S version in the 60fps mode.

One X drops to the 40fps range, Series S is almost entirely locked at 60FPS. One X drops to 720p at the worst while Series S drops to 960p.

dcmk7

Banned
Not sure what some people are on if they think the One X version is better than the Series S version in the 60fps mode.

One X drops to the 40fps range, Series S is almost entirely locked at 60FPS. One X drops to 720p at the worst while Series S drops to 960p.
The fact that it's even debatable is pretty interesting.

Next gen consoles, after all, should be significant improvements.

When in fact according to DF, X1X equals and is even superior in many aspects of the game.

Truly bizarre, especially on a flagship title.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
The quotes from this review, make of it what you will.

Moving on Xbox Series S, there's a twist: looking at the quality mode, Series S image quality is markedly inferior to Xbox One X. The dynamic 4K of One X drops down a locked 1080p instead, with the same 30fps target. In truth, this looks like a heavy cut-back and we'd hope to see an upgrade to 1440p at some point for Series S. Settings-wise, near-to-far foliage draw is identical between One X and Series S, as is the quality of texture filtering, depth of field, and even shadows are comparable. There are differences however, if minor: trees render slightly further towards the distance on Xbox One X, but it's a subtle change. Texture quality is very similar too, albeit a touch more blurry on Series S owing to the lower resolution. However, there are some scenarios where Series S appears to have the better of the old machine in assets but even so, Xbox One X is the sharper and cleaner of the two by running at a dynamic 4K. There are examples of actual texture quality - floor mapping at select spawn points - differing between the generations - one that may well favour Series S overall.

Series S' performance mode? Again, generally speaking, it's operating at a lower resolution than Xbox One X, even if its dynamic resolution lower bounds is higher and overall performance is more solid. The resolution window here varies from 1706x960 to the full 1920x1080. Variable rate shading is also used here - adjusting the resolution of points of the image, in theory helping to bolster performance. The pay-off is a mostly perfect 60fps. Across all of our capture, there's barely a lurch into the 50fps region to report on. Sacrificing a more dynamic 1080p to hit and crucially to sustain 60fps seems to work out just fine.

Top Bottom