• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Halo Infinite on Consoles: Xbox Series X/S vs Xbox One S/X - Can Xbox One Run It?

GHG

Gold Member
Experience on One X not good regardless of what DF says. It stutters clearly during flying in open world area or trying to take over strongholds. My friend is on One X and he not having fun. There is constant drops while traversing and during firefights. Popins are clearly visible and are more often.

I don't know much about SS version as im on SX and High end PC (yeah im master race bisch) but stop with this dumb argument that One X version is good. It suck nuts, now every game is on One X is awful experience.

Imaginary anecdotes and a conclusion based on zero experience or evidence vs a company that does this for a living and does extensive testing and provides evidence for said tests.

Who to believe?

Riky

$MSFT
Yep, that's true! Exactly what I said in another thread, but some people ( DarkMage619 DarkMage619 , Riky Riky ) had trouble accepting it. Series S GPU is nimble and superior to One X GPU due to new feature sets, but One X's GPU packs a bit more power over XSS GPU.

I said, the One X has a better resolution at least twice, how is that not accepting it?
The Series S was never made to push 4K, we all know that, nobody is breaking any news saying it.
The Series S has other advantages which I've shown, higher settings, better framerates and faster loading.
Even DF say the One X is the minimum they would advise people to play, they say minimum for a reason.

The weirdest thing is XSS being 1080p30 in quality mode and near1080p60 in performance mode. There's no way XSS can't manage 1440p30. Would be interesting to see PC benchmarks.

GHG

Gold Member
Not what the article says,

"I'd strongly recommend Xbox One X at minimum"

Minimum being the key word.

We have tweets in this thread from members of the DF team explicitly stating what I said in my previous post. Don't shoot the messenger.

I know it's not what you want to hear because you need to sell the only Xbox console that is widely available but it is what it is.

Riky

$MSFT
We have tweets in this thread from members of the DF team explicitly stating what I said in my previous post. Don't shoot the messenger.

I know it's not what you want to hear because you need to sell the only Xbox console that is widely available but it is what it is.

Article says different, maybe they changed their mind when they thought about it.

dcmk7

Banned
Not what the article says,

"I'd strongly recommend Xbox One X at minimum"

Minimum being the key word.

For him to say the minimum X1X is factually correct.

Since it's the only last gen console he recommends.

He clearly states X1X is the second best version. No ambiguity. I'm sure you can work out the rest of the order.

Not sure how anyone can interpret it differently.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
For him to say the minimum X1X is factually correct.

Since it's the only last gen console he recommends.

He clearly states X1X is the second best version. No ambiguity.

Not sure how anyone can think differently.
It's a quote from the written article you clown.
Nowhere in the article does it say what your claiming, as usual.

Zathalus

I think it is fair to say which version is better is up to preference, if you prefer a sharper image at 30fps then the XOX is better, if you prefer a stable 60fps then the XSS is better.

I know which one I would pick if I had to choose.

Riky

$MSFT
I've read the article.

His tweet and the article pretty much explains why X1X is the second best version.

Only in your world does 'second best version' not mean that.

The tweet and the reviewer are different people.
He clearly states the Xbox One X is the minimum way he suggests to play, I've quoted it. Therefore obviously they view Series S as superior.

dcmk7

Banned
I think it is fair to say which version is better is up to preference, if you prefer a sharper image at 30fps then the XOX is better, if you prefer a stable 60fps then the XSS is better.

That's the thing everyone is different.

Not sure why certain people get upset that people are able to see things differently.

Suddenly resolution is king when it has to fit your narrative :messenger_smirking: We need to harness the flip-flopping as energy, it would solve a lot of problems.

Mr Moose

I'd pick the One X (or even better, Series X) version with quality mode because I am a weirdo :messenger_beaming:

Riky

$MSFT
Does he say it in the video? My memory is shite :messenger_weary:
I know John has said the One X is the 2nd best version.

The tweet and the reviewer aren't the same people, maybe they have a different opinion. The article clearly states as I've quoted they view the X1X as the MINIMUM way to play, that obviously means they rank the Series S better overall, otherwise the Series S would be the minimum.
Why people deny written words I've no clue.

Riky

$MSFT
Minimum in the hierarchy of consoles. X1X isn't considered a next gen console, so it's therefore minimum.

But as it turns out the X1X is the second best version. It's pretty simple work out the rest of the order.

It doesn't say that at all, I've quoted EXACTLY what it says, it's pretty clear.

Mr Moose

The tweet and the reviewer aren't the same people, maybe they have a different opinion. The article clearly states as I've quoted they view the X1X as the MINIMUM way to play, that obviously means they rank the Series S better overall, otherwise the Series S would be the minimum.
Why people deny written words I've no clue.
There's too much in the loading to give One X an overall win over the Series S imo, a minute to load? F that. Framerate seems pretty decent on the One X and the higher res I like, but yeah that loading time, hell naw.
Read this again. Says it all.

Second best console version.

The article/video is from Tom.

Lysandros

Yep, that's true! Exactly what I said in another thread, but some people ( DarkMage619 DarkMage619 , Riky Riky ) had trouble accepting it. Series S GPU is nimble and superior to One X GPU due to new feature sets, but One X's GPU packs a bit more power over XSS GPU.
I don't understand why is so hard to accept, even with 25% IPS gain from from Polaris to RDNA One X should have around 25% more raw GPU power. It also has 45% more bandwidth and 20% more RAM amount. Higher resolutions, texture filtering etc. are to be expected. Now its GPU is older/less feature rich and there is simply no comparison between CPUs and storage solutions.

dcmk7

Banned
There's too much in the loading to give One X an overall win over the Series S imo, a minute to load? F that. Framerate seems pretty decent on the One X and the higher res I like, but yeah that loading time, hell naw.

The article/video is from Tom.
And reading the article can see where people would view it as second best console version.

Which is exactly where John's opinion rests at.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

And reading the article can see where people would view it as second best console version.

I play Valhalla in quality mode so I would probably pick the One X over the Series S if I had the choice, if the Series S is updated to 1440p in quality mode I might choose that one given the other improvements (loading mostly).

If you weight all the aspects equally xox is second best. This is a fps game and FPS metric should have the highest weight by far. When the shit gets heavy XSS keeps a much better FPS and higher resolution. Seems a clear winner to me.

DonJorginho

Banned
I've read the article.

His tweet and the article pretty much explains why X1X is the second best version.

Only in your world does 'second best version' not mean that.
XSS way better aside from a little bit of resolution lost.

holds the framerate better, better textures in places and far superior loading times.

Zathalus

You quoted but not read what was quoted?

From the article "with only intense battles in the open world seeing Xbox One X fail to hit the target".

They still finds XB1X performance "remarkable" and "very impressive overall".
Intense battles in the open world happen all the time. So the conclusion is that the XOX fails to hold 60fps all the time you fight in the open world.

Sure, that can be impressive for a last generation machine, but the fact remains it doesn't hold 60fps.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
To be fair this and Forza Horizon 5 on Xbox One X are probably the pinnacle of last gen technical achievement.
I've got both connected to a 1080p TV though and framerate, higher settings and loading times are too big advantages to give up so I'll stick to Series S.

ethomaz

Banned
I wonder if it's not memory related. Maybe they simply can't use 1440p buffers cause of memory limits?
It is because there are differences in the render and his post make it "looks" like it just 1080p30 vs 1080p60.

Quality: 1080p native
Performance: DRS 960-1080p + VRS

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
The weirdest thing is XSS being 1080p30 in quality mode and near1080p60 in performance mode. There's no way XSS can't manage 1440p30. Would be interesting to see PC benchmarks.

I'm sure Series S can, my 5500XT does 1440p 30fps and it is constantly outperformed by Series S. It will be interesting to see if it gets patched and if 120hz makes a comeback.

I said repeatedly that X1X wins in resolution and loses in every other feature by design. The XSS isn't the upgrade to the X1X so it makes no sense for the XSS to have higher resolutions. You said nothing that I hadn't already expressed multiple times. You kept saying the X1X is more 'powerful' than the XSS and this title certainly doesn't show that with the pictures Riky Riky posted and the performance DF mentioned with the game at 60fps.

This video clearly shows Series S has superior texture quality, shadows, frame rate, loading times.

No cherry picking.

No need to read biased opinions. See for yourself.

Yup no matter what non-customers say the XSS is clearly more powerful than the X1X at lower resolutions, despite it not being the actual upgrade to that system. It makes sense seeing how it's way newer.

Imaginary anecdotes and a conclusion based on zero experience or evidence vs a company that does this for a living and does extensive testing and provides evidence for said tests.

Who to believe?
Same can be said about people who actually own Xboxes and use the system vs people who don't but love to chime in with hot takes. Who to believe indeed.

dcmk7

Banned
Same can be said about people who actually own Xboxes and use the system vs people who don't but love to chime in with hot takes. Who to believe indeed

Didn't even attempt to answer his point.

DF are obviously the experts around here, it's all in their analysis, not sure why X1X being the second best console for this title (in their opinion) is such a big issue.

Riky

$MSFT
I said repeatedly that X1X wins in resolution and loses in every other feature by design. The XSS isn't the upgrade to the X1X so it makes no sense for the XSS to have higher resolutions. You said nothing that I hadn't already expressed multiple times. You kept saying the X1X is more 'powerful' than the XSS and this title certainly doesn't show that with the pictures Riky Riky posted and the performance DF mentioned with the game at 60fps.

Yup no matter what non-customers say the XSS is clearly more powerful than the X1X at lower resolutions, despite it not being the actual upgrade to that system. It makes sense seeing how it's way newer.

Same can be said about people who actually own Xboxes and use the system vs people who don't but love to chime in with hot takes. Who to believe indeed.

Well said, they even try to deny what is actually written in the article by Tom, One X is the MINIMUM.
I should go back to the Hitman 3 thread and see what is said there about image quality and framerate, could be interesting.

Md Ray

Devs chose to run X1X at higher rendering resolution, and higher quality textures than XSS because X1X's GPU is obviously more powerful, has higher memory bandwidth and more memory. Even Zathalus said the same thing.

343 could have easily allowed XSS to target 1440p like they did with X1X, but they chose not to, probably because the framerate was worse than X1X's 60-45fps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom