• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF: Rainbow Six Extraction: PS5 vs Xbox Series X/S Tested! A Worthy Tech Upgrade On Rainbow Six Siege?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
It seems exclusive to some textures on the ground, the remaining part of the picture looks as crisp to me.

Not gonna lie, I don't even see what the difference is lol, the only thing I notice is a bit of a contrast difference (observed in the flag on top left).

Probably, but I don't get why. It's a pretty static camera pan, and if One X can display it, why do that on Series X? Is the DRS just too greedy?

Also, why didn't they pick up on it?

This is probably one of the reason they're trying to get away from it lol, DRS makes it so that there may be a difference in clarity based on every other frame, so it's kind of a moot exercise if it' flipping between resolutions every few seconds.

Does the last gen version have a 60fps mode? Might be that the had these options and just made Quality mode 60fps on next gen anyway.

No, this "high frame rate" mode is only on Series X and PS5. Last gen only have one 30 FPS profile

Yamisan Yamisan

I mean .. yeah ... being on Game Pass is about the only way I was ever going to give this a try.

Absolutely zero interest in paying money for it.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Xbox version can stutter all it want being on gamepass vs $40 on ps5.
I know Gamepass standards are lower level.
It is something I already talk before Gamepass was a thing here in GAF… game subscription services had the a high potential to drop the quality of the game made and focus on GAAS :(

Last edited:

adamsapple

I know Gamepass standards are lower level.
It is something I already talk before Gamepass was a thing here in GAF… game subscription services had the a high potential to drop the quality of the game made and focus on GAAS :(

Game Pass has absolutely nothing to do with the quality of this game lol, come on.

ethomaz

Banned
I doubt they signed the gamepass deal early in development. Gamepass will have nothing to do with what looks like some strange streaming bug.
Yes.
But that is unrelated to what I said.

I said that the Gamepass typical user has a low standard in quality just because “it is free” and that game developed with subscription services in mind has in most case lower quality and GAAS model.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Yes.
But that is unrelated to what I said.

I said that the Gamepass typical user has a low standard in quality just because “it is free” and that game developed with subscription services in mind has in most case lower quality and GAAS model.

I think you're making a very loaded assumption here.

The typical game pass user doesn't have lower standards in terms of game quality, they just have a lot more games of different calibers to sample. For every double to single A game, there's also games like Forza Horizon and Halo Infinite which get their fair share of scrutiny from game pass users as well.

We're "spoilt for choice" if anything.

Top Bottom