• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF RETRO - EX Tony Hawk's PRO Skater 1+2 - a brilliant remake of a classic

Fake

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2 arrived this week on PC, Xbox One and PS4 and to put it quite simply, it's one of Activision's best releases this generation and one of the best remakes of all-time. But how did the series begin? What made it special? And how did THPS 1+2 originally run across a range of consoles back in the day? John Linneman and DF Retro have you covered.

stranno

D dark10x You will be able to play NGAGE version soon™

I played it back in the day on my 6600 and it wasn't an smooth experience. It should have been handled by Gameloft, they nailed the performance of Asphalt series on NGAGE.

I guess it should be FAR more playable on an overclocked original NGAGE (QD can't be overclocked). It makes a world of difference in some games.

Last edited:
Genuinely curious how it plays considering how the series has gone past couple of generations. THPS2 on the Dreamcast is still my preferred way to enjoy the series.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Hopefully vicarious visions can now work on the CTR PC port... I don't understand Activision's logic behind releasing Tony hawk day and date on PC but not CTR...

Hudo

Really weird timeline where Activision remakes are actually well done (Crash, Spyro, Tony Hawk) except for the Modern Warfare remakes (if fans are to be believed).

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Wonder if they will do a 3 and 4 remake.
Doesn't need.

The best ones by far are the first and second. The third has awesome stages and mechanics, but something feels off if compared with 2, so a DLC would be the best choice for the Remake. Fourth one has a weird gimmick that you have to talk to NPCs, and the overall game is not well balanced.

Mokus

Excellent episode! Hopefully this is only the beginning for the revival the series... and maybe for punk rock, nu metal, alternative rock... I just miss the atmosphere of those years.:messenger_loudly_crying:

stranno

D dark10x You will be able to play NGAGE version soon™
No sound ingame, it's a bit unstable (tends to crash when you use inputs in some menus) but it works already.

zTPI96E.gif

Top Bottom