• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF Retro Play - Halo: Combat Evolved - Revisited on OG Xbox!

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Playing Halo at launch co-op with my now BFF felt like a revolution. It was amazing. And then when I eventually got an Xbox the amount of hours we'd spend chunking around big ass crt's just to play 1v1 sniper/rockets on Blood Gulch via link cable was ridiculous. One of the most important video games of all time imo.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Interesting that they mention the lack of motion sickness. I played a demo and after 30 minutes I had to lay down in bed for the rest of the evening because I nearly puked from motion sickness. Made me develop serious Halo hate for that whole generation, couldn’t understand the hype.
This was the PAL version btw, it had constant framepacing judder, felt awful, kinda like Bloodborne (which I also can’t play) but at 25-ish fps.
Halo 4 was the first Halo I could play through, no motion sickness there, loved it.

Kuranghi

Playing Halo at launch co-op with my now BFF felt like a revolution. It was amazing. And then when I eventually got an Xbox the amount of hours we'd spend chunking around big ass crt's just to play 1v1 sniper/rockets on Blood Gulch via link cable was ridiculous. One of the most important video games of all time imo.

So you married your mate?

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I'm confused, why would you play this vs the master cheif collection version? You can even hook up a Duke.

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Because its DF RETRO.
Glasses Nerd GIF by Team Coco

Romulus

Bah it's still retro, your still playing an ancient game, just graphically improved a bit.

I understand, but it's not as Retro when you're playing a game improved by newer hardware. Might as well play everything emulated at that point, which defeats the purpose.

Last edited:
Yes, I got an OG Xbox in great part for this game, virtually everyone who could afford it did the same at the time.

That being said, I could never get into this game (resolution, frame rate on the console... And the PC version bored me to death). Still great respect.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I understand, but it's not as Retro when you're playing a game improved by newer hardware. Might as well play everything emulated at that point, which defeats the purpose.

Nah, it's still a blast from the past, just call it retro "enhanced!"

Top Bottom