• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DF - Scarlet Nexus: PS5 vs Xbox Series X/S Tech Breakdown - A True 4K60 On Next-Gen?

you have flickering in gameplay?
Please forgive the double post.

All LGs OLEDs have the problem.

And that’s almost all current TVs that even support VRR at all with the remaining ones having even worse issues as gaming displays. VRR is not the magic performance solution yet.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?

And that’s almost all current TVs that even support VRR at all with the remaining ones having even worse issues as gaming displays. VRR is not the magic performance solution yet.

Sounds like it is a 120Hz problem? When did LG introduce that in their OLEDs?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly

on tell me why he is at 30 FPS and I bet it’s more of a bug, also do we know if he has settings with the new feature LG added on the tv to remove the flickering?

ive never seen it in gameplay personally, but see it in loading screens and lobbies where the FPS jumps like crazy And screens freeze.

it happens on my pc with my ROG SWIFT on loading screens.

Last edited:

sendit

No excuses friend its rather obvious, generally the Series X has a resolution advantage and similar or slightly worse framerate, this time the resolution is the same but slightly worse framerate (so small though it's not really worth mentioning). Common sense should tell you they've phoned in the Series versions of the game.
Hillary Clinton Nod GIF

Md Ray

No excuses friend its rather obvious, generally the Series X has a resolution advantage and similar or slightly worse framerate, this time the resolution is the same but slightly worse framerate (so small though it's not really worth mentioning). Common sense should tell you they've phoned in the Series versions of the game.
There's more to a GPU than just TFlops. PS5 GPU has a lot higher pixel fillrate and rasterization throughput than XSX GPU.

Yes, PS5 GPU is more powerful in some aspects.
...Or the game's leaning more towards the strengths of the PS5. We have seen it in multiple games and we'll keep seeing it in the future as well.

...Or the game's leaning more towards the strengths of the PS5. We have seen it in multiple games and we'll keep seeing it in the future as well.
All those were early releases and the far less mature development tools are well documented. Things have improved and generally now Series X has a healthy resolution advantage most of the time, this game has no such advantage. Let's be honest this games isn't a very impressive looking game anyway. It's a non issue as both versions are pretty much identical.

Md Ray

All those were early releases and the far less mature development tools are well documented. Things have improved and generally now Series X has a healthy resolution advantage most of the time, this game has no such advantage. Let's be honest this games isn't a very impressive looking game anyway. It's a non issue as both versions are pretty much identical.
Still doesn't change the fact that in a game using mature tools, the PS5 is matching with the 12 TF counterpart making XSX advantage almost non-existent in scenes like this where it plays to the strengths of PS5 GPU's higher pixel and rasterization throughput. Let's not deny that.

This is likely what we're seeing in Scarlet Nexus as well which probably leans a bit more heavily towards PS5's faster clock speeds.

Res and settings are identical here, as per DF.
JOqj3Wi.png

Last edited:
Tried the demo and didn't find nothing special, does it get any better?
It does, but if you didn't care for the demo I don't think you'd care for the full game. There's more to it you didn't see in the demo (like stronger limit-break like moves, animated ingame cutscenes, character bonding) but what you saw is basically what you get.

Last edited:

sendit

Looking at the video it's just the DRS scaler not lowering the resolution as fast, since the game almost instantly returns to 60fps, it doesn't run lower for long periods.
If someone pixel counted the drops then I'm sure this would be the case.
Ron Burgundy Anchorman GIF

Top Bottom