• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] Sword and Fiary 7: High End PC Exclusive Nobody's Talking About

Leonidas

Great to see another game taking advantage of high end PC hardware allowing for multiple RT features simultaneously. This game has some great graphics! Huge improvement over the 6th iteration.

Might have to try out this series soon, I just heard about the series the other day.

tommib

Animations look like from a few generations ago. Characters just stand there super stiff in cutscenes which is half of the game from what they say? Art direction is fantasy manga cringe. I don't know what's so high-end about it except for PC spec requirements.

BX48qSd.png

RAd6I4L.png

Last edited:

elliot5

I don't know what's so high-end about it except for PC spec requirements.
that's literally what high-end means. Demanding requirements especially for visual effects (like RT).

It has some decent RTX implementation and the hair/cloth physics in gameplay look good, but couldn't care less otherwise. Not my kind of game but whatever

ClosBSAS

its high end on the technology not animations...if only consoles could handle rt like this. bash it all you want, it aint no ff or cyberpunk, but its something consoles cant trun with rt.

Obviously nobody is talking about a game lost in the plethora of Chinese games to have flooded Steam past year or so. Some I've tried are generally good, but the mixed reviews of this one means I ain't rushing out to buy it - not that desperate for RTX.

Leonidas

What's so high end about all that basic ass geometry?
It's the multiple RT effects going on simultaneously that makes it hi-end and demanding. The previous entry, which had no RT made it to consoles (after being PC exclusive for 4 years) and looks what you would expect of a game from that era.

This new game however seems possible only on PC, unless they turn off multiple RT settings.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's the multiple RT effects going on simultaneously that makes it hi-end and demanding. The previous entry, which had no RT made it to consoles (after being PC exclusive for 4 years) and looks what you would expect of a game from that era.

This new game however seems possible only on PC, unless they turn off multiple RT settings.
Oooh oooh, do Pong next!

Shut0wen

Any current game that takes advantage of high end pcs are usually souless duds, last game that was above average was crysis, even then the series is meh and last good one was warhead

zeomax

I have this weird looking dithering effect on almost every trasparent textures and the game has a lot of tranparent effects specially in cutscenes. I play on high settings with RTX.

fairy5zk5g.jpg

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
I have this weird looking dithering effect on almost every trasparent textures
Pretty sure that's intentional, not a bug.
I've seen some other games use this technique to give objects closer to the camera a different transparent look.

EDIT: On the other hand, if it's happening with hair too, then it could be an artifact of aliasing and temporal resolution or something like that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom