• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF]The Alex Battaglia Collection: DF's Best Games of 2021

tommib

Returnal, again? Ok, this stops now.

kate winslet win GIF by BAFTA

helen mirren awards GIF by BAFTA

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
what? its not going to be better on PC if it ever comes to PC.

Even if it does, it won't be much better, the game plays fantastically well on PS5 and without haptics you['re really missing out.

Depends on the port. If it's a slack job like FF VII Remaster, then it won't be better.
But if it's well optimized, has a decent options menu, and has DLSS, FSR, 144+ fps, ultra wide support, RTX, etc.
Then it will be a much better version.

Last edited:

tmlDan

Depends on the port. If it's a slack job like FF VII Remaster, then it won't be better.
But if it's well optimized, has a decent options menu, and has DLSS, FSR, 144+ fps, ultra wide support, RTX, etc.
Then it will be a much better version.
without the haptics I would argue its worse despite the small bump on things that don't objectively make a game better.

60FPS enough for almost every game, higher is just a luxury and not a largely better version.

Tschumi

The first 35 seconds are some DEEP ass metaphysical shit bwahahaha that got a real laugh from me... Love this guy lol "since the year went by so quickly i didn't have enough time" David Lynch hire this man!

"I did find it rather awesome and great" love his Germanic take on understatement, getting it slightly out of balance..

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?

Even if it does, it won't be much better, the game plays fantastically well on PS5 and without haptics you['re really missing out.

Alex reminds me of Shane Bettenhausen except far less gregarious and nowhere near as entertaining.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
higher is just a luxury and not a largely better version.
It is, you can really notice it in games with fast camera movement. Don't know of that's the case for Returnal tho since I haven't played it.

Haptips are cool (only tried the robot free game) but I think having M+KB for precision aiming without assistance is better.

dcmk7

Banned
Feel obliged to post this again. For the people who prematurely wrote this off.

Sony's Recore

This will flop just like Godfall did.

My thoughts exactly. Looks like an early gen filler.

The whole video looked repetitive and bland.

:messenger_fearful::messenger_frowning_:messenger_open_mouth::messenger_open_mouth:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN?? These are the EXCLSUIVES of the PS5! These have to be WORSHIPED no MATTER WHAT these are the GAMES that NOBODY ELSE has!

Just like Godfall this looks like another pile of wasted money for paying for exclusivity.

I can't think of a game coming out I am less interested in. Looks very boring.

Gameplay looks safe and boring.

I thought it was because some PS gamers loved the thunder dyke main character. Looks generic as hell to me like some GamePass filler.

Looks like a psn plus freebie all week long and twice on sundays

Special bonus:

I was looking forward to this but wow this looks bland af. I'd rather another Resogun, Aliennation, or Nex Machina over this shit.

I hope its not $70 cuz its doa

Thats probably going to on plus within 6 months. Can't believe they're really asking $70 lol

Bugsnax and Allstars??

If this game sales flop, it definitely will. I'd easily buy something like their other games or sequels to them. But this looks bland and more like a $20 title rather than $70.

Omg nooooss.... another conspiracy against Sony. You guys are embarrassing yourselves. Gameplay looks bland and not worth $70. Stop crying conspiracy over everything.

He can't just praise Returnal for what it is without bringing up how much better it would be on PC with Keyboard and Mouse. I fucking love this guy. 🤣
i anyway already got the feeling that Leadbetter enforced that on him. Leadbetter is not stupid and propably felt the growing sentiment against Alex on the Inet for his anticonsole stance... He tryd to calm People a bit by having Alex say something positive about a Console game - even a Sony one..Leadbetter is still the Boss and if he tells Alex to jump he will ask to what height..

Even on Resetera the Alex Bagtallia Fanclub they start to realise his anti console stance.
When the Matrix Awakens Demo came out and blew Peoples tiny minds in the resetera Thread he came in and his first comment was - :,, both consoles struggeling" barely no one asnwered to this because they got tired of his bs..

ethomaz

Banned
He is right with the two first spots… well done.

But AOE IV is a huge downgrade from AOE III… I know fan are starving but accept anything is not good imo.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
He can't just praise Returnal for what it is without bringing up how much better it would be on PC with Keyboard and Mouse. I fucking love this guy. 🤣
Third person analogue bullet hells are not better with a KB and mouse.

Sticks over that any day of the week.

And I prefer KB/M for RTS to FPS.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
He is right with the two first spots… well done.

But AOE IV is a huge downgrade from AOE III… I know fan are starving but accept anything is not good imo.

If anything is a huge downgrade it’s aoe2 —-> aoe3

Aoe4 is fun as hell but then again I never bother with the online. AI is brutal as is.

Rykan

Yeah who cares about increased precision in a shooter game when your controller can go BRRRRRR.

FrankWza

I wish he didn't as I rather not hear his port begging or controller bitching.
I agree.He made the same comment in the DF video. Don’t need him to tell me Returnal was the best game this year. Eventually the PS5 will sell 100 million plus units and more and more people can play it as intended. A dualsense, some good headphones and mind altering substance of choice.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not

A twitch shooter wont be better with the accuracy a mouse brings to the table?
Not to mention an unlocked framerate?

okay-waka-flocka.gif

Last edited:

ParaSeoul

I agree.He made the same comment in the DF video. Don’t need him to tell me Returnal was the best game this year. Eventually the PS5 will sell 100 million plus units and more and more people can play it as intended. A dualsense, some good headphones and mind altering substance of choice.
I wish he didn't as I rather not hear his port begging or controller bitching.
Him saying the Dualsense speaker was low quality like he completely missed the reason why its there.

Fredrik

A twitch shooter wont be better with the accuracy a mouse brings to the table?
Not to mention an unlocked framerate?

okay-waka-flocka.gif
I understand it perfectly being a fan of the genre. WASD sucks for any type of tight and fast precision gameplay. Give me an arcade joystick and mouse though and I’ll be the best in the world.

ZywyPL

Banned
I knew a PC gamer like him will post mostly niche indie titles, and I cannot blame him, I loved Death Trash demo and cannot wait for the full game. Forgive Me Father looks dope as hell, will give it a try some day.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I don’t understand the hate this guy gets. You all are that upset that someone prefers PC?

if you have the money to invest it is 90% percent of the time the best place to play something and is only ever cursed to shit ports every now and again.

saying that, I love returnal so GG.

returnal on pc at native 2K/4k would be sublime.

jigglet

Banned
Clearly he never played age of empire 4 online. Its a shit show.

I never kept up to date with it. So it didn't launch well? How is it, and how's it going?

I'm not a huge AOE fan but I always wanted it to succeed so that we have a chance of more C&C games.

DF finally improving It's GAF reputation. Started at -36.000 hated due to allegedly MS shillig and is now already at -3.000 unfriendly. Keep going guys and you can make it to neutral.

Shmunter

I can literally hear and see the controller dying faster from that video. Looks nice but that can't be good for a plastic thing. I disabled that shit on mine the moment I started the console and on steam as well.
Ironically it is the metal spring that seems to be the weakest link

Top Bottom