• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF]The Alex Battaglia Collection: DF's Best Games of 2021

Bogroll

Likes moldy games
I don’t understand the hate this guy gets. You all are that upset that someone prefers PC?

if you have the money to invest it is 90% percent of the time the best place to play something and is only ever cursed to shit ports every now and again.

saying that, I love returnal so GG.

returnal on pc at native 2K/4k would be sublime.
Maybe it's people who have never had one. It's been around 18 years since I had a gaming PC but I still appreciate them. Just shows how sad some people are.
I like Alex, it's just a different view from a PC gamer, makes me laugh when people get mad on here about him. Good on ya Alex.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Maybe it's people who have never had one. It's been around 18 years since I had a gaming PC but I still appreciate them. Just shows how sad some people are.
I like Alex, it's just a different view from a PC gamer, makes me laugh when people get mad on here about him. Good on ya Alex.

seriously, let the man prefer what he wants. He’s obviously been into pc for years. It’s his preference and it’s fine. he talks about the plus points of pc and more times than not it’s true. Sure he might mention that he wants to see pc ports of everything but I get It. I’d love to see a pc version of the matrix demo to see how bad ass it can run on a sick pc.

I like all of DF and I can just tune out any stuff that seems extreme from anyone really because I just think that’s them expressing their preference.

Kenpachii

I never kept up to date with it. So it didn't launch well? How is it, and how's it going?

I'm not a huge AOE fan but I always wanted it to succeed so that we have a chance of more C&C games.

Online section the real age of empire 4 meat is a complete joke. The game is heavily bugged for ages, they fail to update the game even with simple fixes. The game is riddled with jank and bugs
For example one civ has spearmen that where bugged where they could hit with there spears map size distance. Free resources by destroying buildings all day long etc etc.
Balances that make absolute no sense. elephants are useless, lets nerf them.
Missing even the most basic features a competitive game should launch with, that where already in the older versions.

Zero communication with there community.

Worst support i ever saw in a RTS.

Meanwhile riftbreaker, pushes out updates all day long, modding tools already out, seasoned themed skins for free but also made, new content, harder difficutly released, direct talking with community, co-op on the way etc etc.

Visually the game looks barely acceptable, performance is just bad for how it looks like. 1/2 core cpu solution in a RTS is a joke, no DLSS to get rid of shimmering, because for some reason microsoft hates nvidia even while tons of people have gpu performance issue's with budget cards.

All with all, absolute joke of a company and there discord is nothing else with people raging at microsoft if they can get another dev on the project before it dies out.

Meanwhile this DF guy "wow they did a fabulous job, really well done" what a joke.

It straight up couldn't have been mishandled worse.

Last edited:

GymWolf

dog-scared.gif
Fucking lol i never saw this gif :lollipop_tears_of_joy: :lollipop_tears_of_joy:

winjer

Gold Member
without the haptics I would argue its worse despite the small bump on things that don't objectively make a game better.

60FPS enough for almost every game, higher is just a luxury and not a largely better version.

I'm the kind of person that turns off rumble in games.
I don't have a PS5 yet, so I haven't tried the haptics. But probably, I would turn it off, because I don't care much about these things.

You seem to have no experience with high refresh gaming, nor DLSS. Otherwise you would no say the are minor things.
For me 60 fps is not "enough", rather, it's the bare minimum.
I refuse to play any game at 30 fps. And I haven't done so, since the PS3 era.
Even on my Switch, I only have games that run at 60 fps, like Super Mario Odyssey, Maria Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, etc.

Going from 60 fps to 120, is not as big a jump as from 30 to 60. But it's still a great improvement.
It's so much smoother. And if you add Freesync/Gsync, then it becomes something that is truly groundbreaking.
In fact, I would argue that Variable Refresh Rate is the most important feature of the last decade. Much more than DLSS, RTX, FSR, Mesh Shaders, nVME SSDs, etc...
It improves gameplay so much, that it transforms games.

GymWolf

I can literally hear and see the controller dying faster from that video. Looks nice but that can't be good for a plastic thing. I disabled that shit on mine the moment I started the console and on steam as well.
Sony was absolutely genius with this thing, making controllers that are gonna break even more easily, making a fuckload of money because of that while having fanboys and journalist giving you a blowjob for some dildo vibration and triggers resistance like they are some game changing features.

This is even smarter than N making cheap remastere at full price.

Last edited:
Isnt this the moron comparing 2060 to the new consoles? I liked it on far cry 6 especially comparing without osd and not moving at all. I tested it the 2060S dropped often to the 40 fps range. It was at least 25% slower. How can anyone trust youtubers especially with 1 mill subs. All big channels are bought, sponsored, false advertising. Thats their income. Nvidias 3080 clip was a joke. But this guy is straight telling lies for no reason. Why is he comparing pc with consoles why absolutely not interested in consoles? Hes the typical MR boy. He can be but not when presenting videos with crap. Also talking bout game developement like he has knowledge about it. He hasnt at all. Thats 5 min google research.

tommib

I'm sad for you.
You should be sadder for all the FUD from Xbox console warriors coming into Returnal threads before the game was released. I’ve never seen so much trolling for a game that wasn’t released just because it was not on their console of choice. Of course it feels good to embarrass them just a little bit.

And I actually thought some of the current hate the game gets was coming from a pure place but going through those threads just confirms that it’s coming from the idiotic and obnoxious hearts of warriors. Real sad ™️. It’s impossible to take these idiots seriously.

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

Amm pc gaming is better. I thought most console gamers knew this despite preferring console. Jeez

Hell most console games are now getting ported to PC anyway.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
Online section the real age of empire 4 meat is a complete joke. The game is heavily bugged for ages, they fail to update the game even with simple fixes. The game is riddled with jank and bugs
For example one civ has spearmen that where bugged where they could hit with there spears map size distance. Free resources by destroying buildings all day long etc etc.
Balances that make absolute no sense. elephants are useless, lets nerf them.
Missing even the most basic features a competitive game should launch with, that where already in the older versions.

Zero communication with there community.

Worst support i ever saw in a RTS.

Meanwhile riftbreaker, pushes out updates all day long, modding tools already out, seasoned themed skins for free but also made, new content, harder difficutly released, direct talking with community, co-op on the way etc etc.

Visually the game looks barely acceptable, performance is just bad for how it looks like. 1/2 core cpu solution in a RTS is a joke, no DLSS to get rid of shimmering, because for some reason microsoft hates nvidia even while tons of people have gpu performance issue's with budget cards.

All with all, absolute joke of a company and there discord is nothing else with people raging at microsoft if they can get another dev on the project before it dies out.

Meanwhile this DF guy "wow they did a fabulous job, really well done" what a joke.

It straight up couldn't have been mishandled worse.

ffs. a lot of us RTS fans were depending on AOE4 being a hit, it's the only chance we had of our favorite franchises being brought back to life. god damn incompetent fools. Every potential RTS publisher in the world had their eyes on this game. Now they will all point to an AOE4 failure as a reason for why they won't green-light a new C&C, supreme commander, rise of nations etc etc.

FUCK.

Last edited:
You should be sadder for all the FUD from Xbox console warriors coming into Returnal threads before the game was released. I’ve never seen so much trolling for a game that wasn’t released just because it was not on their console of choice. Of course it feels good to embarrass them just a little bit.

And I actually thought some of the current hate the game gets was coming from a pure place but going through those threads just confirms that it’s coming from the idiotic and obnoxious hearts of warriors. Real sad ™️. It’s impossible to take these idiots seriously.
Ignore it
Nope just sad

I’ve never seen so much trolling for a game that wasn’t released just because it was not on their console of choice.
Then you must have missed the Hellblade 2 thread with 22 pages full of fud, concerning and trolling. Maybe that's even more pages than all Returnal threads combined.

Last edited:

Loope

Feel obliged to post this again. For the people who prematurely wrote this off.

Special bonus:

err i don't know about some of those, it seems like personal preference and if you're a functional adult, your opinion on something will not change just because lots of people praise it, games, books, movies etc. We all have our personal preferences.

So 2 games that are still in development/beta/alpha are game of the year??
Basically they're saying it's ok for developers to release incomplete games since they may still be game of the year.
Why would an incomplete game/demo be on a "game of the year" list? I don't understand it...

So 2 games that are still in development/beta/alpha are game of the year??
Basically they're saying it's ok for developers to release incomplete games since they may still be game of the year.
Why would an incomplete game/demo be on a "game of the year" list? I don't understand it...
It's his personal list though, so the main purpose is to just highlight what he enjoyed this year. It's not like it's an actual award or anything.

tommib

PC gamer prefers mouse precision in a shooter, hoes mad.
Yes, it’s silly people don’t get that a PC gamer would much prefer a mouse for a third person shooter. PC gamers also normally suck with controllers.

I do think Returnal is quite well tweaked for controllers. It’s Housemarque, it’s their speciality to deliver on stick arcade shooters.

I bet that when the game is released on PCs we’re going to see some crazy acrobatics and speedruns.

FrankWza

Then you must have missed the Hellblade 2 thread with 22 pages full of fud, concerning and trolling. Maybe that's even more pages than all Returnal threads combined.
Or 22 pages of people who played the first game and know what to expect from the sequel. Nobody played a Returnal prequel before release

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Yes, it’s silly people don’t get that a PC gamer would much prefer a mouse for a third person shooter. PC gamers also normally suck with controllers.

I do think Returnal is quite well tweaked for controllers. It’s Housemarque, it’s their speciality to deliver on stick arcade shooters.

I bet that when the game is released on PCs we’re going to see some crazy acrobatics and speedruns.
Wut? I don't think this is a thing. Anyway, I'd love to see Returnal on PC. Anything to further support games like it.

That lovecraft game looks pretty cool. It's on my wishlist.

Last edited:

tommib

Wut? I don't think this is a thing. Anyway, I'd love to see Returnal on PC. Anything to further support games like this.
Personal experience with my friends who game on PC. I remember having a friend over when playing Control. He was playing on PC and we were at my place playing on the PS4. He was struggling hard and saying that he really couldn’t play it without mouse and keyboard. Not a unique situation.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Did you plantinum Returnal like I did? 😇

I can't, don't have a PS5. :messenger_winking:
I don't care about trophies tho, and think they usually are more about perseverance than being actually good at the game. (Haven't checked Returnal's, so it might not be the case here).

That said I think you are wrong with your statement man. Gamepads have been a thing on PC since forever, so if your friend sucks at the game it must be just because he's more used to play with KB+M... Or maybe he just sucks at the game and was looking for an excuse. :lollipop_content:

Top Bottom