• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[DF] The New PlayStation 5 CFI-1100 Review - Featuring Gamers Nexus!

skit_data

Gonna sell my launch model Digital Edition for a lot of money and swap for Standard revision one at some point. Some poor bastard will probably have watched Austins video and think he’ll make the deal of his life.

Thanks Austin for contributing to my household income. And thanks to DF and Gamers Nexus for dispelling the FUD.

GymWolf

So what I said like weeks ago?

God people need to literally point this to Austin evans. Guy is a tool, and when he's called out plays the victim. Be honest that you have little knowledge Austin and are a product person not a engineer. Guy knows nothing of OS's beyond vista, and is not technical in anything he fucking does.

This proves seriously I think he needs to rethink how he presents his channel. The doxxing and all that shit is shitty and no one deserves that, but also know its on you to be responsible as a entertainer to yourself in making it so that stuff doesnt get to you or is dealt with knowing its a way of life for anyone in spotlight. News people deal with it on a daily basis.

Seriously hopefully this gets directed at him for literally being a tool and not answering legit feedback and using all the bad shit as his scapegoat.
Imagine being an expert of windows fucking vista...

Is he also an expert of stadia and nokia windows phones for any chance?!

Skifi28

Ok so what if your house is burning? That’s the real question

Burning House Burn GIF by Halloween
Depends, is the exhaust temperature higher or lower when on fire? This calls for further investigation.

skit_data

The problem with Austin Evans isn't his ignorance or bias, it's the clickbait title that pisses people off: THE NEW PS5 IS WORSE!
It's fake, misleading and ignorant, and then he cries because people bashed him online..
…and further proves he does not understand what the main issue with his methods and video title was.

I barely knew about the guy before, now I know and will never watch his videos.

Buggy Loop

The problem with Austin Evans isn't his ignorance or bias, it's the clickbait title that pisses people off: THE NEW PS5 IS WORSE!
It's fake, misleading and ignorant, and then he cries because people bashed him online..

Can milk clicks further with the victim card.

I sometimes wonder if it's not orchestrated from beginning to end to end up being the victim. If i stir the pot enough with a blatant clickbait on a subject that has a bit too much warriors, I'll inevitably get death threats, oh those are nice clicks $$$.

Pedro Motta

Can milk clicks further with the victim card.

I sometimes wonder if it's not orchestrated from beginning to end to end up being the victim. If i stir the pot enough with a blatant clickbait on a subject that has a bit too much warriors, I'll inevitably get death threats, oh those are nice clicks $$$.
It's sickening what these youtubers and general gaming media does these days. They don't even try to hide it.

pratyush

Time to bash Austin again? Most tech YouTubers are awful but Austin really takes the cake. He wanted controversy and when got backlash played the victim card. Awful YouTuber who has next to nothing to add on technical aspect. So it's obvious he has millions of followers. Another one is that review tech usa guy. These people are stealing money from viewers for a long time

scydrex

Here's a completely unscientific analysis.

Austin Evans measured 56 degrees C from the exhaust of the new PS5 model.
The original PS4 had exhaust temps of 60 degrees C. Have many PS4s died from thermal stress in the past 8 years?

I sold my OG PS4 to a friend and it still works fine, no problem. A co-worker brought his OG PS4 in 2013 when it launched and he told me that it works fine and no problem.

Edit: I brought the OG PS4 in march or april 2014.

Last edited:

Thief1987

Are they reliable? Because some retarded physics professors here said that this is impossible
his clearly correct, anyone who thinks a reduced heatsink does not make the system run hotter is legit braindead and basically a science denier...

it's very simple, less material = less surface area to dissipate the heat off of the SoC = hotter running components

simple physics you can't disprove because you would literally break the laws of physics in order for this system to run at the same temperature as the original model

but it's not surprising to see fanboys demonstrating once again how retarded they are

Last edited:

skit_data

Here's a completely unscientific analysis.

Austin Evans measured 56 degrees C from the exhaust of the new PS5 model.
The original PS4 had exhaust temps of 60 degrees C. Have many PS4s died from thermal stress in the past 8 years?
My friends PS4 has RLOD(heat related shutdown), but I’m pretty much 100% its because the thermal paste dried out. I’m planning to tear it apart and reapply some arctic silver for him if he brings it to me.

Ironically I bet his exhaust is several degrees cooler than my old dead quiet (well, as quiet as they come) PS4.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Now a bunch of drive by posters and concern trolls can move onto the next battlefield.

The rest of us will continue to anticipate some great games across all platforms including the Plantation 5.

Last edited:
So what I said like weeks ago?

God people need to literally point this to Austin evans. Guy is a tool, and when he's called out plays the victim. Be honest that you have little knowledge Austin and are a product person not a engineer. Guy knows nothing of OS's beyond vista, and is not technical in anything he fucking does.

This proves seriously I think he needs to rethink how he presents his channel. The doxxing and all that shit is shitty and no one deserves that, but also know its on you to be responsible as a entertainer to yourself in making it so that stuff doesnt get to you or is dealt with knowing its a way of life for anyone in spotlight. News people deal with it on a daily basis.

Seriously hopefully this gets directed at him for literally being a tool and not answering legit feedback and using all the bad shit as his scapegoat.

You seem really upset over something that is incredibly inconsequential to your day to day life.

Nice colab !

- Identical in game perf.
- New revision is not worse nor better at cooling

Launch model has better soc temps by a few degrees, but new one has better memory cooling, which one could easily argue is more important since soc clocks are stable when on load and not dependent on temps like say on PC.

lachesis

Watching the GN's video now. I'm glad GN says this around 3 min into the video.

"You cannot compare the test results from two different outlets - they might both be right, but right within their own metholdogy... and can't really cross compare them".

That's really about the whole issue of how Hardware Buster guys were testing and was comparing to the GN's test result, and concluded new one is better.
I was also on the side of questioning the result because of different methodology and needs to be done on the same thing on older PS5 in order to prove themselves the result they claim.

pratyush

After watching two videos ( DF and Gamer Nexus)

No performance difference
Memory and Vram MOSFET slightly better (within test variance I think)
SOC slight worse ( again within test variance)

Cooler are running at 18-20% of rated capacity so expect it go little higher and this whole discussion will become completely pointless.

Last edited:

Md Ray

Hotter soc you say? Hmm I recall just quite recently how awesome it was that the soc was cooler and that was the important thing. Now it's hotter and the memory is cooler but that's the important thing now. Lots of the flip flops going on.

I've been right all along haha
Not quite... You also said this:
I'd put 50 cents on just about everything being hotter in the GN video coming, including APU.

Last edited:

pratyush

Hotter soc you say? Hmm I recall just quite recently how awesome it was that the soc was cooler and that was the important thing. Now it's hotter and the memory is cooler but that's the important thing now. Lots of the flip flops going on.

I've been right all along haha
Watch the video rather than just seeing the graph. SoC measurement is not easy as it does not have on die sensor that they can access. So re application of Liquid metal can cause variance. 2-3 c is absolutely nothing.

Considering new cooler runs at 18-20% of rated capacity, slightly increasing by 5-6% can eat up that difference even if it exist in first place.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
jaLZpXY.png

".. how to watch this, without giving them any clicks, views ..."
Watch the GamersNexus one?

Will likely benefit DF even more because collabos are one of the easiest ways to add new subscribers to channels.
GN getting a bunch of views will make the video popular then make those users decide to see what DF is all about....getting them more subscribers and/or views.

Last edited:
Not quite... You also said this:
Yeah those 2 things say the same thing. Probably exudes as much confidence as a 50 cent bet
Watch the video rather than just seeing the graph. SoC measurement is not easy as it does not have on die sensor that they can access. So re application of Liquid metal can cause variance. 2-3 c is absolutely nothing.

Considering new cooler runs at 18-20% of rated capacity, slightly increasing by 5-6% can eat up that difference even if it exist in first place.
You missed the point. That's ok

sircaw

Banned
So the PS5 fan runs at 1000 rpm when playing a 'heavy' video game?

That's relatively quiet?
I found this on the Evans channel "lollipop_disappointed:

Ps5 is no 6 :messenger_sad_relieved:

CategorySustained WindsTypes of Damage Due to Hurricane Winds
174-95 mph
64-82 kt
119-153 km/h
Very dangerous winds will produce some damage: Well-constructed frame homes could have damage to roof, shingles, vinyl siding and gutters. Large branches of trees will snap and shallowly rooted trees may be toppled. Extensive damage to power lines and poles likely will result in power outages that could last a few to several days.
296-110 mph
83-95 kt
154-177 km/h
Extremely dangerous winds will cause extensive damage: Well-constructed frame homes could sustain major roof and siding damage. Many shallowly rooted trees will be snapped or uprooted and block numerous roads. Near-total power loss is expected with outages that could last from several days to weeks.
(major)
111-129 mph
96-112 kt
178-208 km/h
Devastating damage will occur: Well-built framed homes may incur major damage or removal of roof decking and gable ends. Many trees will be snapped or uprooted, blocking numerous roads. Electricity and water will be unavailable for several days to weeks after the storm passes.
(major)
130-156 mph
113-136 kt
209-251 km/h
Catastrophic damage will occur: Well-built framed homes can sustain severe damage with loss of most of the roof structure and/or some exterior walls. Most trees will be snapped or uprooted and power poles downed. Fallen trees and power poles will isolate residential areas. Power outages will last weeks to possibly months. Most of the area will be uninhabitable for weeks or months.
(major)
157 mph or higher
137 kt or higher
252 km/h or higher
Catastrophic damage will occur: A high percentage of framed homes will be destroyed, with total roof failure and wall collapse. Fallen trees and power poles will isolate residential areas. Power outages will last for weeks to possibly months. Most of the area will be uninhabitable for weeks or months.

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Banned
I found this on the Evans channel "lollipop_disappointed:

Ps5 is no 6 :messenger_sad_relieved:

CategorySustained WindsTypes of Damage Due to Hurricane Winds
174-95 mph
64-82 kt
119-153 km/h
Very dangerous winds will produce some damage: Well-constructed frame homes could have damage to roof, shingles, vinyl siding and gutters. Large branches of trees will snap and shallowly rooted trees may be toppled. Extensive damage to power lines and poles likely will result in power outages that could last a few to several days.
296-110 mph
83-95 kt
154-177 km/h
Extremely dangerous winds will cause extensive damage: Well-constructed frame homes could sustain major roof and siding damage. Many shallowly rooted trees will be snapped or uprooted and block numerous roads. Near-total power loss is expected with outages that could last from several days to weeks.
(major)
111-129 mph
96-112 kt
178-208 km/h
Devastating damage will occur: Well-built framed homes may incur major damage or removal of roof decking and gable ends. Many trees will be snapped or uprooted, blocking numerous roads. Electricity and water will be unavailable for several days to weeks after the storm passes.
(major)
130-156 mph
113-136 kt
209-251 km/h
Catastrophic damage will occur: Well-built framed homes can sustain severe damage with loss of most of the roof structure and/or some exterior walls. Most trees will be snapped or uprooted and power poles downed. Fallen trees and power poles will isolate residential areas. Power outages will last weeks to possibly months. Most of the area will be uninhabitable for weeks or months.
(major)
157 mph or higher
137 kt or higher
252 km/h or higher
Catastrophic damage will occur: A high percentage of framed homes will be destroyed, with total roof failure and wall collapse. Fallen trees and power poles will isolate residential areas. Power outages will last for weeks to possibly months. Most of the area will be uninhabitable for weeks or months.
C'mon, man ... I'm serious.

Papacheeks

Banned
You seem really upset over something that is incredibly inconsequential to your day to day life.

Im sick of BS youtubers who think they know wtf they are talking about and mis-inform millions of people everyday. Austin Evans is said to be a tech-youtuber but has no degree in engineering, nor does he have knowledge outside of a product person. Yet has millions of subscribers who actually listen to this guy as a source of information on tech.
I'm getting sick of people like AUstin. No consequences for being wrong, or nor humility in saying "i don't know the answer". We use to have people on TV like when TECH-TV was around who actually knew what they were talking about and had degree's in computer science, computer engineering, NET work certifications.

Those people who hosted some of the shows on tech-tv had qualifications.
Austin and many others like him are people who buy products then hit record. marques brownlee is not an engineer but knows enough about the products he talks about. He also doesnt make claims like austin does on things he either doesn't know or has the means to test.

Austin according to research he pursuing an engineering degree, good luck kid. Looks like you need some more schooling.
I get riled up when I see people using misinformation and are not challenged. Many people challenged him but he used the Doxxing/threat card. WHich to me is a pussy move, and if your a youtuber with that many subscribers sorry, but you need to protect yourself better. And him being a tech guy I find it funny he's easily shook, and easily found.

If he took himself serious he would:
  1. Have better security
  2. have second personal phone and not use his work for personal shit like every other tv personality
  3. Not put himself in bad situations by running bad tests that give bad data sets

Last edited:

spons

Gold Member
Now that's a punchable face right there.
I remember him from years ago, with his acne-ridden face and almost stereotypical "geek" physique. His certainly changed in that regard. If only he focused on improving his content instead.

Austin works in marketing. He's an influencer. Take anything he says with half the ocean's worth of salt because all of it is borderline bull fucking shit.

Im sick of BS youtubers who think they know wtf they are talking about and mis-inform millions of people everyday. Austin Evans is said to be a tech-youtuber but has no degree in engineering, nor does he have knowledge outside of a product person. Yet has millions of subscribers who actually listen to this guy as a source of information on tech.
I'm getting sick of people like AUstin. No consequences for being wrong, or nor humility in saying "i don't know the answer". We use to have people on TV like when TECH-TV was around who actually knew what they were talking about and had degree's in computer science, computer engineering, NET work certifications.

Those people who hosted some of the shows on tech-tv had qualifications.
Austin and many others like him are people who buy products then hit record. marques brownlee is not an engineer but knows enough about the products he talks about. He also doesnt make claims like austin does on things he either doesn't know or has the means to test.

Austin according to research he pursuing an engineering degree, good luck kid. Looks like you need some more schooling.
I get riled up when I see people using misinformation and are not challenged. Many people challenged him but he used the Doxxing/threat card. WHich to me is a pussy move, and if your a youtuber with that many subscribers sorry, but you need to protect yourself better. And him being a tech guy I find it funny he's easily shook, and easily found.

If he took himself serious he would:
  1. Have better security
  2. have second personal phone and not use his work for personal shit like every other tv personality
  3. Not put himself in bad situations by running bad tests that give bad data sets

Millions? I really think you're over estimating the amount of people who give a shit about a middling difference in thermals between two ps5 versions. But I get where you're coming from I guess.

Top Bottom