• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2 Remaster, called Diablo 2 Resurrected, to be announced at Blizzcon 2021

Bullet Club

Diablo 2 Remaster, called Diablo 2 Resurrected, to be announced at Blizzcon 2021​

Blizzcon 2021 begins later this week and from the looks of it, Blizzard will officially announce the rumored Diablo 2 Remaster. According to a leak, Diablo 2 Remastered will be called Diablo 2 Resurrected.

This leak comes straight from the person who has previously leaked Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2. So yeah, this leak appears to be legit.

Kaiser499 also claimed that Blizzard will reveal a new class and a new area for Diablo 4. Moreover, the team will reveal the release date for Diablo Immortal, and will present a Hearthstone Expansion. Additionally, we can expect to see World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Classic.

Source: DSOG

ZehDon

Remastering one of the most beloved games ever created hot off the heels of one of the worst "remasters" ever created?

giphy.gif

JSoup

Banned
That mobile pet battle game has been talked about several times since MoP. I'm down for it.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
I would really like to play something on my mobile / Switch that is not a damn card game, so I guess I’m down for whatever.

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

That is some heavy budget they introduced to counter the Diablo Immortal reveal blunder.

Personally, very very excited for Diablo Immortal. Have played D2LoD so mich I think I had my fill. Unless they up their game in coop drop in drop out or something. I really doubt it though

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Can anyone explain the rationale behind releasing Diablo 2 Resurrected and Diablo 4 so close to each other?

And is each other two words or one?

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://eip.gg/news/leak-diablo-ii-resurrected-will-be-presented-at-blizzcon-2021/

Leak-Diablo-2-Presented-at-Blizzcon-2021-1-768x576.jpg

6GBaH9.jpg

Following close on the heels of reports that Blizzard Entertainment was potentially working on a Diablo II remaster, a fairly credible source has claimed that Blizzcon 2021 will include some sort presentation on the rumored remaster, with the title of “Diablo II Resurrected”.

The leak comes courtesy of @Kaiser499 on Twitter, a gaming focused account that previously leaked Diablo IV and Overwatch 2 before Blizzcon 2019. Given that their leak in 2019 was on the money, it wouldn’t be a surprise if they’re telling the truth about the Diablo II remaster as well. The tweet contains info on other Blizzcon 2021 presentations as well

cripterion

Dare I hope...

The little I've seen from Diablo 4 had me salivating but then big loss of interest when they announced the game was really far off. Top it all off with the pandemic and we'll be sitting with dick in our hands for a while.
Now if only they could get Lost Ark to come out west before all that...

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Can anyone explain the rationale behind releasing Diablo 2 Resurrected and Diablo 4 so close to each other?

And is each other two words or one?
Diablo 4 is years away, from their quarterly development updates they did not even lock all the features yet.

TTOOLL

I started playing Project Diablo 2 last week and it's great. A full remaster by Blizzard could be amazing, but I don't trust them anymore.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
People in this thread forgetting that they've just rolled Vicarious Visions into Blizzard for a very good reason. They just absolutely smashed the Crash and THPS remakes; normally, yes, I would say that a D2 Remake would be a total disaster, but with the VV talent on board it might actually turn out halfway decent. Who knows.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Pretty bold for Blizzard to release a diablo 2 to alienate Diablo 4.

I have zero trust in modern Blizzard.

I would love respec and not getting char deleted after 10 days inactivity.

Should be called Diablo 2 : Outsourced

Diablo: CCP Edition.

Collectors Edition comes with full surveillance from the chinese government.

Hudo

I fully expect that even if they manage to make an awesome remaster with Diablo II, it will be botched by mandatory internet connectivity and the like. No way in hell they gonna allow offline play or even LAN play.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Pretty bold for Blizzard to release a diablo 2 to alienate Diablo 4.

If you follow what they did for WoW Classic and how faithful Vicarious Visions were with their remakes, D2 is still gonna be a really different game than D4, warts and all. And D4 is still years away, for all we know this thing's ready to launch in a few months.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
If you follow what they did for WoW Classic and how faithful Vicarious Visions were with their remakes, D2 is still gonna be a really different game than D4, warts and all. And D4 is still years away, for all we know this thing's ready to launch in a few months.
this d4 seems like 4 years away imo. Plenty of time for diablo 2 reforged (lol)

and "don't you guys have mobile phones?"

The_Mike

If I should compare wow classic with shadowlands, then I'm sure D2 will crush baby Diablo 4.

Unless you want to hold your hands with Blizzard

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i hope VV are working on it. they did really well with the Crash remasters and THPS1+2. they also done the PC version of Destiny 2 which is well built. i see loads of people worried Blizzard are gonna fuck it up like W3 Reforged but if VV are involved then it's likely gonna be a well done and faithful remake.

Last edited:
I hope it's just in HD and keeps the same old graphics, like Red Alert 2 from the same year there's just something really appealing to me about those early 2000s PC games with prerendered graphics, Diablo 2 still looks gorgeous if you ask me.

HF2014

Crossing fingers it won't. Diablo 3 heavily suffered from it.

We can have different opinion on the subject, but i quit playing the PC version to play the console version. I feel its the better version, gameplay is great. Sure one thing i hope is that they fix the hacking scene for seasonal, but its not where i pass my time on it. Its just overall D3 on console feels like the finish product and the PC version is harder to play, feel like a beta version. Im hard on it i know. I jist feel it play way smoother than on PC. I pass many hours on D2 on PC too, just hope to see it on console! Hey, we got D1 and D3 on console, why not D2.

The_Mike

We can have different opinion on the subject, but i quit playing the PC version to play the console version. I feel its the better version, gameplay is great. Sure one thing i hope is that they fix the hacking scene for seasonal, but its not where i pass my time on it. Its just overall D3 on console feels like the finish product and the PC version is harder to play, feel like a beta version.
Which is why it suffered from it.

Diablo 3 was since the beginning made with a controller in mind. Diablo 2 wasn't.

PC version ain't hard to play though, what do you even mean by that?

Is it hard to click on mouse buttons and 1 2 3 4? If that's the Diablo segment then I understand why it got dumbed down. ^^

Kacho

Gold Member
that honestly doesn't look bad for a game from 2000...the UI could do with an update but the enviroment/characters are decent.

here is a game from 2018 (pillars of eternity 2) which has similar visuals. they could do something like that which would be faithful to the original style.

Rfced391116b138f04d985934374f8363
Yeah Pillars looks great. The real time lighting on the 2D backgrounds make it pop. Really hope Diablo 2 does something similar with 3D models on 2D backgrounds.

MMaRsu

Banned
Source: https://eip.gg/news/leak-diablo-ii-resurrected-will-be-presented-at-blizzcon-2021/

Leak-Diablo-2-Presented-at-Blizzcon-2021-1-768x576.jpg

6GBaH9.jpg

Following close on the heels of reports that Blizzard Entertainment was potentially working on a Diablo II remaster, a fairly credible source has claimed that Blizzcon 2021 will include some sort presentation on the rumored remaster, with the title of “Diablo II Resurrected”.

The leak comes courtesy of @Kaiser499 on Twitter, a gaming focused account that previously leaked Diablo IV and Overwatch 2 before Blizzcon 2019. Given that their leak in 2019 was on the money, it wouldn’t be a surprise if they’re telling the truth about the Diablo II remaster as well. The tweet contains info on other Blizzcon 2021 presentations as well

Wow blizzard continuing to innovate

🥲🥲🥲🥲🥲

Top Bottom