• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2 Resurrected - Early Access Beta August 13th, Open Beta August 20th

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

gordon ramsay facepalm GIF

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Still undecided if to get it for Xbox or PS5, will wait and see >:)
Cross platform progressions so it shouldn't really matter which version. :p

Got it on PC and might get it on Switch or Xbox too thanks to that.

Edit: Upon checking it turns out cross play won't be available at launch.

Last edited:

Spukc

image0.jpg
\

I DID IT BEAT THE DAMN GAME for the first time :messenger_beaming:
act 2 boss was seriously the worst boss.

now i am truly ready for next Thursday !

Oh also... switch version pre-order is LIVE GO GO GO GO !!

prolly going to buy 2 pc copies for steam deck

7YX66sa.jpg

image0.jpg
\

7YX66sa.jpg
Congrats dude. The real fun begins on nightmare and hell mode.

Why buy 2 PC copies? Isn't that unnecessary?

it was pretty bad imo in the beta.. i hope shared tabs will get bigger.. this is really nothing like d3 tbh
Imagine how brutal it was for us who played this game for years and years with a stash size the exact size of the one you have now. It never increases in the original D2. What you've been dealing with is what you get.

I'm torn as to whether I want any changes to the stash. I can really empathize with arguments on both sides.

Spukc

Imagine how brutal it was for us who played this game for years and years with a stash size the exact size of the one you have now. It never increases in the original D2. What you've been dealing with is what you get.

I'm torn as to whether I want any changes to the stash. I can really empathize with arguments on both sides.
it's a game about collecting loot. why gimp it.. makes no sense..
it forces you to choose? the community used mules ad god know what to circumvent.. so it was all pointless.
after playing and finishing d2 i do like the limited space in my inv tho.. and the inventory tetris.
But dumping 5 set items felt awful and i hated it.

it's a game about collecting loot. why gimp it.. makes no sense..
it forces you to choose? the community used mules ad god know what to circumvent.. so it was all pointless.
after playing and finishing d2 i do like the limited space in my inv tho.. and the inventory tetris.
But dumping 5 set items felt awful and i hated it.
I agree it should be larger. I just don't know if it should have infinite tabs like Plugy.

Spukc

Really hope Switch version will have a 60 fps mode.

It already had to cut 8 player mode. :lollipop_confounded:
it will 100% not be 60 hahah i can't believe it will be :messenger_grinning_smiling:
just get it on pc and switch dude.. d2 on the go and beauty on desktop.. :messenger_sunglasses: that cross progress :messenger_savoring:

Nozz-A-La

image0.jpg
\

7YX66sa.jpg
Diablo, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and WarioWare. You, sir, have excellent taste.

(Not tried Eastward yet, but it is on my wish list.)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
To be clear this won't have couch coop?
Nope. Apparently no cross-play either.

I would be pretty interested in this if it had either of those things - but as it is now, there doesn't seem to be a way (for me personally) that my wife and I can both play co-op together. I've got a Switch, a PS4, a PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and a PC. And without crossplay, I would need to buy another console (and/or TV) as well as an online console subscription to make it happen. No couch co-op means we can't play through it the same way we've done Diablo 3 many many times. So I'm stuck just saying "well, sorry babe but we can't play this 21 year old game together".

Spukc

I would be pretty interested in this if it had either of those things - but as it is now, there doesn't seem to be a way (for me personally) that my wife and I can both play co-op together. I've got a Switch, a PS4, a PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and a PC. And without crossplay, I would need to buy another console (and/or TV) as well as an online console subscription to make it happen. No couch co-op means we can't play through it the same way we've done Diablo 3 many many times. So I'm stuck just saying "well, sorry babe but we can't play this 21 year old game together".
crossplay works on the series X and xbox one same for ps4 and ps5 so you can couch coop.. you just need two tellies

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
crossplay works on the series X and xbox one same for ps4 and ps5 so you can couch coop.. you just need two tellies
Probably be cheaper to buy a whole other Switch lite. I'm not paying hundreds of dollars to play this game lol

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

Similar situation here. My gf and I played through diablo 3 like 3 times together and we were hoping to do that here. Oh well. I'll probably just get it on pc then.

Inviusx

Ok so what class are we all starting first? I was thinking either Amazon or Necro, I got Pally fix from the Beta.

Spukc

i am so fucking hyped for this game..
when the switch oled arrives i will prolly get another copy if it support offline local network coop

jshackles

when the switch oled arrives i will prolly get another copy if it support offline local network coop
Narrator: It doesn't.

Warablo

Meteorb Sorc easy first choice. I do want to make a lot of characters, but a Gold find/item Barb interests me more now that we can hold more gold and gambling is better.

Guys.

Guess what my first character will be.

Guys.
Given your profile pic, a Necro. lol

Last edited:
Meteorb Sorc easy first choice. I do want to make a lot of characters, but a Gold find/item Barb interests me more now that we can hold more gold and gambling is better.
I was torn between meteorb and blizzard.

I played exclusively hardcore originally and really spent 99% of my time with assassin and necro. Going soft core with d2r due to not having as much free time I used to.

I think I plan on mostly farming meph and AT which is why I’m going blizzard but I’m still considering meteorb.

will likely go lightning first and respec into it at level 24

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Idk, I prefer pally but may go sorc to farm some shit for other classes. Shared stash will make this so much better in offline mode.

Idk, I prefer pally but may go sorc to farm some shit for other classes. Shared stash will make this so much better in offline mode.
I spent a ton of time playing Sorc in the beta and got spoiled with teleport. My plan is too farm like crazy with the sorc then determine my next build based on what I find. Ideally assassin, necro or paladin.

DavidGzz

I spent a ton of time playing Sorc in the beta and got spoiled with teleport. My plan is too farm like crazy with the sorc then determine my next build based on what I find. Ideally assassin, necro or paladin.

Yeah, D3 gets a lot right(mobility and skill balance)in comparison to D2 but purists would be up in arms if they added some mobility skills to D2 to even the playing field. Instead everyone has to eventually rely on Enigma to get around as quickly.

Top Bottom