• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2 Resurrected Officially Revealed

13th

Neo Member
You are a generation late with that question.
I don't think that I am late at all, Mafia II got the same treatment with it's own release of the remastered version of the game, I can't remember right now all the games that were greeted with a free upgrade, but it happened several times over the last couple of years, hence why I asked, because the ground for the question was at the very least obvious enough.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Yes, I already know my build and every item l'll use.

LT Java for the win
That sweet 95 IAS and lvl 45CS with -120 res
But how does it affect you that people can change their mistakes? The game isn't exactly friendly to try new things.

eot

Banned
1.09 sucks for online.
You can get to lvl 99 in 14 hours.
Counter argument:

Guided arrow can pierce multiple times

Seriously though, I wonder how they will handle rare runewords because bots are the only reason anyone can make them.

Last edited:

Tomeru

Im as erect as anyone for this to cone out, but fuck Blizzard for showing a game that maybe could perhaps come out in december OR before. Its a sham.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
For PVP and Ladder Races. I'm talking about online of course.
Lvl a Hammerdin to 99 is easy mode and then you switch to Smite for PVP
Why would it matter in pvp and ladder races? People who does this are min maxers who did their research before the ladder.

Also, it is possible to change your points by farming the different bosses.

Source

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I don't think that I am late at all, Mafia II got the same treatment with it's own release of the remastered version of the game, I can't remember right now all the games that were greeted with a free upgrade, but it happened several times over the last couple of years, hence why I asked, because the ground for the question was at the very least obvious enough.
You had to buy the Mafia 1 remaster though.

mcz117chief

Yes, it was different and amazing on it's own way. But DII is whore new world. I suspect that music did very good job at defining the atmosphere.
74bf0dec380d2f72d7ef4d6f1e29f28b.jpg

ManaByte

Gold Member
Fair comment, however, Blizzard management should never of allowed W3reforged to release in that state. Total disservice to the fans.
You can’t blame people for being even slightly hesitant.
Not even a mention at Blizzcon on how they are putting W3R right and how long it will be. My guess it’s abandoned.

Again you're comparing franchises. It's like blaming Koizumi (Mario Galaxy) for Zelda's dumb weapon breaking just because they're both under Nintendo.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looks good.

Anyone know if the new D2 game will include quality of life improvements?

- auto pick up gold
- no need for identfy scrolls
- no need for town portal scrolls

Edit: auto gold pick up is there.

Last edited:

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Again you're comparing franchises. It's like blaming Koizumi (Mario Galaxy) for Zelda's dumb weapon breaking just because they're both under Nintendo.

I’m sorry I don’t care. I don’t trust Blizzard until they deliver the game.
Much like EA with the Dragon Age franchise, Mass Effect, Dead Space, Battlefront, Battlefield etc.

You saying it was a different team makes no bearing on the fact that Blizzard Management allowed that shite to be released. The fact that it’s a subpar team makes no difference. Blizzard allowed that shambles to be released under their authority. It’s a management decision.

DavidGzz

Prepare to log into your character within 14 days all the time to not get your character deleted.

They changed that, characters will remain the same way they do for D3.

I see this game being really annoying on console. Console versions will have the same inventory set up. I'll be playing on PC. I'll use a controller for combat(melee mostly) and a mouse for inventory management.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
You saying it was a different team makes no bearing on the fact that Blizzard Management allowed that shite to be released. The fact that it’s a subpar team makes no difference. Blizzard allowed that shambles to be released under their authority. It’s a management decision.

Except Blizzard has someone different overseeing Diablo than who oversees Warcraft.

eot

Banned
They've been taking shots at the WC3 remaster in their videos, I strongly doubt it'll end up being anything like that. Also, they're not showing cutscenes this time, they're showing gameplay. They're not going to suddenly lose the 3D graphics they implemented.

Except Blizzard has someone different overseeing Diablo than who oversees Warcraft.
And who is overseeing those people? Like it or not, the people at the very top haven't changed, and they were the ones who ultimately signed off on the decisions to release and later abandon WC3.

Maybe this game will be different. I for one sure hope so. But I sure as hell won't be pre-ordering it blindly like I routinely did with every other Blizzard game up until Diablo 3. Those days are over.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
E88xN8T.png

This is currently the top post on the Diablo Subreddit. One good bit of news is that the top post in the comment section is the Community Manager claiming the team has seen the feedback, so we'll see what they do with it.
I used the Amazon while spamming Valkyrie to tank and absorb hits. Worked like a charm.

Saber

Gold Member
E88xN8T.png

This is currently the top post on the Diablo Subreddit. One good bit of news is that the top post in the comment section is the Community Manager claiming the team has seen the feedback, so we'll see what they do with it.

She looked very weird, I must admit. Its as if shes an old drug user. Good that they gonna change. Its my second main character.

Also if you read there, people are crying there to not change because the new one looks "realistic". Thats dumbest thing I ever read, really. Since when people look for realism on Diablo? Since when a Barbarian with his chest exposed marching in the battle is realistic? The effort people make to look like clowns is astonishing.

Madflavor

She looked very weird, I must admit. Its as if shes an old drug user. Good that they gonna change. Its my second main character.

Also if you read there, people are crying there to not change because the new one looks "realistic". Thats dumbest thing I ever read, really. Since when people look for realism on Diablo? Since when a Barbarian with his chest exposed marching in the battle is realistic? The effort people make to look like clowns is astonishing.

Whatever makes ugly people feel better I suppose.

MrLlamaSC answering some questions on his stream:

- Diablo II classic players will have original stash. No shared.
- PC has controller support.
- When an aura is active, you cannot use other right click skills when using a controller.
- Currently no loot filters
- No cross-play but can see every platform on leaderboards.
- Still looking at which bugs should be fixed. ebug and Andariel quest bug most likely staying in.
- Do not need internet to play offline characters.
- Will be patch 1.14d. Currently no plans for future patches.
- Won't need to worry about realm downs. (modern Bnet)
- Diablo clone will be similar but there will be some changes because of global servers.
- No ladder runewords in single player.
- No plans for Mac support. Maybe in future.
- Looking to support ultrawide. Don't want ultrawide to show monsters outside of aggro range.
- Want to allow modding, recognize mods are important to D2 community. Want to make it easier.
- Balancing lighting to make sure it's not too dark so no disadvantage when playing with the remastered graphics.
- Monster ai aggro range will remain the same
- New friends list (Modern Bnet)
- No couch co-op. local play exists on Switch.
- Can link items in chat for trading.
- No new runewords.
- Tech alpha will be soon.

WOW
I just hope you can start on classic and upgrade to expansion again for the sweet ALP Ahnen EXP

Eliciel

Did they say anything about whether or not the game itself will receive a balancing path as well? Or just visual, quality of life and enjoy nostalgia type of thing?

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Minimum Requirements

• Processor: Intel Core i3-3250/AMD FX-4350
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 660/AMD Radeon HD 7850
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • HDD Space Requiried: 30 GB
  • Resolution: 1280 x 720
  • Operating System: Windows® 10

Recommended Specifications

• Processor: Intel® Core i5-9600k/AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060/AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Storage: 30 GB
  • Resolution: 1920 x 1080

What the fuck, 16GB and a 1060 recommended to play the game in 1080p?

Source: https://www.dsogaming.com/news/diablo-2-resurrected-pc-requirements-mod-support/

DavidGzz

So purists like Llama will force them to not touch their precious game. I grew up with D1 and 2 and would welcome some nice changes that will keep me playing. Something similar to rifts or whatever to keep the game fresh, loot drops that are more catered to your class, etc. Otherwise, this will be short lived. Oh well. D4 is coming.

Minimum Requirements

Source: https://www.dsogaming.com/news/diablo-2-resurrected-pc-requirements-mod-support/
They are basically running the old game inside another game at the same time. I never thought I would actually decide to upgrade my old laptop because of Diablo II of all games. But here we are. I am short on Ram so it is upgrade time. Paying off student debt can wait.

I wonder will it be playable on the Mac like D3 was? There wasnt a specifically mac only version, you just bought a PC box game but it supported MacOS as well.

Last edited:

eot

Banned
- When an aura is active, you cannot use other right click skills when using a controller.
- Currently no loot filters
- No cross-play but can see every platform on leaderboards.
- Still looking at which bugs should be fixed. ebug and Andariel quest bug most likely staying in.
- Do not need internet to play offline characters.
- Will be patch 1.14d. Currently no plans for future patches.
- Won't need to worry about realm downs. (modern Bnet)
- Diablo clone will be similar but there will be some changes because of global servers.
- No ladder runewords in single player.
- No plans for Mac support. Maybe in future.
- Looking to support ultrawide. Don't want ultrawide to show monsters outside of aggro range.
- Want to allow modding, recognize mods are important to D2 community. Want to make it easier.
- Balancing lighting to make sure it's not too dark so no disadvantage when playing with the remastered graphics.
- Monster ai aggro range will remain the same
- New friends list (Modern Bnet)
- No couch co-op. local play exists on Switch.
- Can link items in chat for trading.
- No new runewords.
- Tech alpha will be soon.
You can't use skills with an aura active on PC either so? Unless it's from an item / party member.
No plans for future patches is a bit sad, would love to see them add a few items and maybe a new world event. A few balance tweaks here and there would be nice too tbh. Similar DClone, does that mean selling SoJs? That's basically an anti-dupe feature so it doesn't even make sense if they fix duping. Like, who the fuck would sell a SoJ?

Minimum Requirements

Well I could see framerate drops in the footage lol, when they kill the lightning scarabs. I really hope there's no lag when entering new areas in this one, it's such a stupid way to lose your character.

xrnzaaas

Well I could see framerate drops in the footage lol, when they kill the lightning scarabs. I really hope there's no lag when entering new areas in this one, it's such a stupid way to lose your character.
Yeah I noticed that as well in the trailer. Hopefully they'll use the next few months to improve the framerate.
They are basically running the old game inside another game at the same time. I never thought I would actually decide to upgrade my old laptop because of Diablo II of all games. But here we are. I am short on Ram so it is upgrade time. Paying off student debt can wait.
The idea of switching between the original and the remake/remaster is gimmicky imo. I suspect I'll try it several times for fun and then stick with the new version.

Last edited:
Top Bottom