• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2 Resurrected Officially Revealed

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I'm getting the feeling thats not your read of D2 end-game then? I thought you were triggered by me not liking PvP at first, I don't like fighting hoomans just AIs.
nah like endgame is pvp..
endgame d2 is whatever you want it to be :3

Saber

Gold Member
PvP is the Endgame in Diablo 2.

The game is basically just farming to gear up your character and then join PVP games and have fun.

Played D2 for years by now and I couldn't give a shit for pvp. Played in all levels and can tell you for sure that I scout for better itens because I want my character to be stronger and defeat hard/nightmare levels, not to be a pvp fetish. And after I finish, I just create a new character and do all over again.

Last edited:

DanEON

Played D2 for years by now and I couldn't give a shit for pvp. Played in all levels and can tell you for sure that I scout for better itens because I want my character to be stronger and defeat hard/nightmare levels, not to be a pvp fetish. And after I finish, I just create a new character and do all over again.
this is not endgame, you are just replaying the game.

But collection all items could be an endgame meta, I agree.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Tempted to get it.

But D4 is coming out.

But Activision wouldn't release D2 and D4 close together, so D4 is probably way off

I'm getting it.

Rathalos

Banned
Tempted to get it.

But D4 is coming out.

But Activision wouldn't release D2 and D4 close together, so D4 is probably way off

I'm getting it.

A year between them would be perfect. My friend and I have been wanting to replay D2 together for years, so we're definitely getting it regardless. D4 looks incredible but after D3 I'm less hyped for it, but will still be there day 1 as I love the franchise.

Tg89

PvP is the Endgame in Diablo 2.

The game is basically just farming to gear up your character and then join PVP games and have fun.

People that goes for Ladder run are the ones that focus in PvM, but then you don't need high end gear for that.
Eh, I dunno. PvP is definitely an aspect of end game. Building wealth was always the endgame for me, whether that be trading, MFing, rushing for hellforge, etc.

MiguelItUp

I've been watching folks play it this morning, looks really good. I never really got into the original because I just didn't have the patience for that style when I was younger. Though I was always curious. Had quite a few friends that were BIG into D1/2.

That being said, definitely going to pick it up when it's available. It looks exceptionally nice. Seeing folks constantly swap between the new and old look is so good.

Vaelka

It looks good to me, but Blood Raven looked unrecognizable.
And the character models are not accurate at all in many cases, they really do need to be solved.

The whole '' cover up the ladies '' is pretty transparent when it comes to the playable characters and the proportions have been reduced on female enemies to the point they basically look like anorexic zombies.
It kinda makes them look less threatening, they're not supposed to be fragile zombies they're supposed to be the '' soldiers '' of act 1 so them having a thicker physique made sense.
It just makes their silhouette really weak too, that's why Blood Raven blended into the zombies too much.
The legs on the old models in particular looked really strong, they looked more like strong warrior women now they look like twigs.

If they can fix the character models especially the player models and make them more accurate to the original then I think it's going to be great.
But there's quite a lot of it currently that doesn't feel like the D2 characters and enemies at all, which is supposed to be the whole point I mean it's a remaster not a remake.
The silhouettes just suffer immensely in some cases which makes them hard to read.

sircaw

Banned
The game looks absolutely stunning.

A few personal things i would like to see in the future.

I really hope they get round to some skill tree balancing, a massive fan of skills like hydra and foh, i hope they adjust its damage or perhaps change the way holy bolt functions with only hitting the undead, perhaps make it 50/50 lightning and holy. Would open up the game and places to farm

As a console player, i am slightly worried about cube and charm management, its simple on pc, i imagine its going to be a pain in the arse on the console with the controller unless they make some really good shortcuts.

Other than that, day one, its perfect

Reactions: MrS

Xyphie

So I was watching someone play this with a controller and you get a skillbar similar to Diablo 3 when you do:

teDYDf2.png

It seems this option isn't available if you play with KB+M? I'd greatly prefer it to the clunky system with only having M1+M2 usable for skills and switching skills with Function keys.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Can't believe they're actually pulling it off. Seems like the Vicarious Vision talent has paid off dividends, this looks fantastic. Especially for a Blizzard game in this day and age.

Between this and TBC Classic, Blizzard is plugging the game drought with remakes for me.

TTOOLL

It looks amazing!! I couldn’t watch a lot yesterday but the bits I saw did it for me. The only thing I didn’t like very much were the potions, they looked plastic idk. Also, the menus look “polished” and I prefer the og look. Maybe it’s the resolution bump.

Edit: who are your favorite D2 streamers?

Last edited:

Tg89

It looks amazing!! I couldn’t watch a lot yesterday but the bits I saw did it for me. The only thing I didn’t like very much were the potions, they looked plastic idk. Also, the menus look “polished” and I prefer the og look. Maybe it’s the resolution bump.

Edit: who are your favorite D2 streamers?
LlamaSC definitely the best D2 streamer imo.

TheMan

I completely forgot this was coming this year, lol.

Looking good. Damn good. They seem to have recreated the feel of the game while updating the graphics to something acceptable for current day, which is something I remember them saying years ago would be really difficult to pull off.

Last edited:

martino

Some of you found gamepad gameplay ? i'm curious to see that (and i didn't find anything about it so far outside the screen in this thread) X Xyphie ?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I’m playing it right now

and besides the lag

and a few bugs

its perfect

Yoshichan approval. Goddamn, this looks good. Can't believe that in 2021 Diablo II would be my most anticipated game.

Eric Andre GIF

Stitch

Gold Member
I kinda miss the dodge roll but I guess D2 hardcore fans would've freaked out if it would've been included

Hari Seldon

Wish I got into the alpha but man this is what I wanted. Just a smooth graphically enhanced version of the game. I want to see the multiplayer in action eventually. I’m hoping it still scales to 8 people.

Skifi28

Looking at gameplay footage...the stamina bar really sticks out like a sore thumb in 2021. It was bad then, it's horrible today. Just remove it already.

Top Bottom