• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

Korranator

Made it through. Beat Hell with a hardcore character:

43115197qc.jpg

Ancients:

Baal:

Glad to be finally free of this burden. I'll never play this game again.

hehe

Never say never...

Anyone have suggestions for my hdin? Im about to hit lvl 86 and cant get past these stupid ancients.

My hammer dmg is around 4900, not sure how else i can increase my dmg. My fcr is ~75%.

The only technique ive read about is to avoid certain prefixes and fill the ground with pots before you start.

Im playing offline solo, so all im doing is farming or working on other chars. Theres not a whole lot that i can upgrade my guy with it seems

Last edited:
Anyone have suggestions for my hdin? Im about to hit lvl 86 and cant get past these stupid ancients.

My hammer dmg is around 4900, not sure how else i can increase my dmg. My fcr is ~75%.

The only technique ive read about is to avoid certain prefixes and fill the ground with pots before you start.

Im playing offline solo, so all im doing is farming or working on other chars. Theres not a whole lot that i can upgrade my guy with it seems
With the charge-move you can easily isolate the Ancients one by one, watch starting at 10:05:

Man finally get my first Gold unique item and it's somehow an ethereal version, wtf ? Thundergod's Vigor war Belt , would be absolutely sick for a Amazon but I'm a Sorceress and like I said it's fucking ethereal. Just my luck.

Man finally get my first Gold unique item and it's somehow an ethereal version, wtf ? Thundergod's Vigor war Belt , would be absolutely sick for a Amazon but I'm a Sorceress and like I said it's fucking ethereal. Just my luck.
god i HATE rolling good ethereal items. love that war belt though, I'm still using it on my hdin I think.

i've been using an ethereal Glooms Trap on my sorc for a long time, and its finally been whittled down to 1 JUST as I was hitting my mid 60s, so like a day ago I switched over to using a bunch of my Tal Rashas set i've been hoarding. The belt alone wasn't better than glooms, but stacked with the other pieces alleviates the shittiness of the tal's belt

Last edited:
god i HATE rolling good ethereal items. love that war belt though, I'm still using it on my hdin I think.

i've been using an ethereal Glooms Trap on my sorc for a long time, and its finally been whittled down to 1 JUST as I was hitting my mid 60s, so like a day ago I switched over to using a bunch of my Tal Rashas set i've been hoarding. The belt alone wasn't better than glooms, but stacked with the other pieces alleviates the shittiness of the tal's belt
OK I'm a dumbass . I actually have like the best unique for a Sorceress, Warpspear , gives +3 to all Skills as well as a bunch of other good stuff. It's pretty amazing.

Just gambled a +2 skill Coronet with +96 to life also. However it loses about 175 AC from my existing Shako. So I am grinding to get my strength up 5 more points so I can wear a nice Boneweave armor I found to replace the AC loss from my Shako.
Almost there now , and my character should be badass. Hopefully I can finally advance past Act ll now.

so im almost lvl 70 and going through a1 hell rn. im getting crushed by lightning immunes. i feel like every new location 1/3 of the monsters are LI.

currently my only solution is to wear a snowclash belt to open up glacial spike, blizzard, to me. along with my other skill+'s they get up to around level 8/9. which I can slowly taken on 1-2 enemies at a time using it and my merc, but this is not a good long term solution.

I think I might have to respec my lightning skills so I can dual either fire or cold. im leaning cold since I already have the snowclash belt though.

any insight into surviving hell with a lightning sorc would be appreciated. or what element/skills to dual with?

Last edited:
whats everyone else up to with their chars? just waiting for patch and ladder?

I haven't attempted the ancients again yet. just been farming loot and working on other chars. starting to get the feeling of taking them on again soon though

found a 4-socket akaran rondache, nothing special, but threw in a spirit and am testing it out to see its overall affect vs my previous shield for my hdin

found another shako so tossed that on my lightning sorc, which upgraded her a bit from the peasant crown she was wearing. i also just swapped her shield, which i'll prob come back to at a later point, but for now i sorely need to up my res in hell for her, so gave her The Ward shield.

slowly pivoting to my barb build, hes only A4 Normal, but i've amassed quite a warchest of items for him and his mule. so i think it might be fun to start playing a physical melee char after my two magic users...

havent spent a skill point yet though. can't decide what type of build to make him...suggestions appreciated.

MikeM

whats everyone else up to with their chars? just waiting for patch and ladder?

I haven't attempted the ancients again yet. just been farming loot and working on other chars. starting to get the feeling of taking them on again soon though

found a 4-socket akaran rondache, nothing special, but threw in a spirit and am testing it out to see its overall affect vs my previous shield for my hdin

found another shako so tossed that on my lightning sorc, which upgraded her a bit from the peasant crown she was wearing. i also just swapped her shield, which i'll prob come back to at a later point, but for now i sorely need to up my res in hell for her, so gave her The Ward shield.

slowly pivoting to my barb build, hes only A4 Normal, but i've amassed quite a warchest of items for him and his mule. so i think it might be fun to start playing a physical melee char after my two magic users...

havent spent a skill point yet though. can't decide what type of build to make him...suggestions appreciated.
Just finished nightmare with a lvl 65 FuryDruid. Slaps hard but Hell mode scares me. Taking a break to hit my backlog.

I dunno why, but I breezed through ancients this time around.

now i'm effed in baals throne room and have to go back to the drawing board... my hammers do zero damage to the magic resistant second wave....

Just finished nightmare with a lvl 65 FuryDruid. Slaps hard but Hell mode scares me. Taking a break to hit my backlog.

I was going to do elemental druid, but i'm tempted to respec my skill points into a werewolf build. I heard greatthings about those builds.

Last edited:

MikeM

I dunno why, but I breezed through ancients this time around.

now i'm effed in baals throne room and have to go back to the drawing board... my hammers do zero damage to the magic resistant second wave....

I was going to do elemental druid, but i'm tempted to respec my skill points into a werewolf build. I heard greatthings about those builds.
Its a great build for how I like to play.

The new update tho allows you to summon both bear and wolves. I’m sinking points into those to see how they help.

finally completed hell with my offline SP hdin. lvl 89

all it took was an insight and treachery on my merc to push me through that second baal wave.

I kinda feel a little aimless now....I guess i'll just use him as my MF for now to help along my other chars.

I did find a key to open the pandemonium event. I guess I could grind for the others too.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Picked this up on PS5 last night as it is currently half price for the primeval upgrade. Started with a Paladin and am having fun so far. It’s pretty basic.

I’m a bit confused about “the ladder” should I do a run through in single player only in no ladder mode. Then start in ladder play as that will be the main purpose going forward?

Tg89

Picked this up on PS5 last night as it is currently half price for the primeval upgrade. Started with a Paladin and am having fun so far. It’s pretty basic.

I’m a bit confused about “the ladder” should I do a run through in single player only in no ladder mode. Then start in ladder play as that will be the main purpose going forward?
Ladder is just a seasonal thing, you don't necessarily need to participate. Generally there's a handful of features/items/runewords that will be exclusive to ladder but that's about it.

The current season is also about to end, so I'd stay away from it for now. If you want to check it out, try during the next season...it's a contained thing so also serves to "reset" the economy, which is the main selling point for a lot of people.

bigedole

The main appeal of ladder is the fresh start and the race to level. The main economy is very skewed (Not as much on PSN I guess) due to cheating that existed in the past. Trading should be a significant part of the online Diablo 2 experience. Unless you just enjoy doing the grind on a well established account over and over there is really no reason not to participate in a ladder season (at least closer to the start) since you get access to the new content too. Next ladder season is coming with a brand new mechanic that should make the leveling process much more enjoyable after 90 or so.

MikeM

Ok question: how do you get passed the dolls? Fury Druid on Hell and I keep dying because of them.

Last edited:

bigedole

Those stygian dolls on hell are really hard on melee your first time through. Their explosion is lightning damage so max lightning res, some lightning absorb (like tgods vigor on the belt) if you can but most importantly, let your merc tank. If you have a decent weapon on your merc they should be able to kill the ones you have to fight. Your merc takes no damage from their explosion.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Hey guys.

I recently bought the base version on Sale.

I'm pretty new to the series and while it plays pretty straightforward. I do run into some stuff that perhaps some of you veterans can help me with.

I'm constantly overencumbered so I'm only picking up small stuff. Not sure what to stash or sell.

Using a paladin. Any change I can learn and use magic throughout the game?

Just learned I can set different skills like shield bash on the face buttons lol.

Sorry for my incoherent ramblings but any tips to help a beginner out is much appreciated =)

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Paladins are more about auras and combining/partying with them

Tons of builds online for em, but if you're looking for the more casting experience a Sorc is the way to go

Druid and necromancer also cast spells, just not your tradition force, ice lightning, and combine their spells with summoning

Everyone else is skills but do elemental damage and have elemental skills

DavidGzz

Hey guys.

I recently bought the base version on Sale.

I'm pretty new to the series and while it plays pretty straightforward. I do run into some stuff that perhaps some of you veterans can help me with.

I'm constantly overencumbered so I'm only picking up small stuff. Not sure what to stash or sell.

Using a paladin. Any change I can learn and use magic throughout the game?

Just learned I can set different skills like shield bash on the face buttons lol.

Sorry for my incoherent ramblings but any tips to help a beginner out is much appreciated =)

I only pickup things like throwing knives and some of the poison alchemy weapons that sell for a good amount otherwise only pick up items that are for your character or any alts. Staves and wands that have 2+ spells sell for a lot too.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Thanks guys.

Need to fuck around the settings a bit more. See if I can give stuff to my AI partner in real time and my item box has 4 "separate sections" although I couldn't figure out if I could use those to drop stuff in. Was pretty tired at the time.

amigastar

Hey there,
has anyone experience with the Vanilla Plus mod for Diablo 2 Resurrected?
I've read somewhere that Resurrected supports only one mod at a time, is this still true?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Hey there,
has anyone experience with the Vanilla Plus mod for Diablo 2 Resurrected?
I've read somewhere that Resurrected supports only one mod at a time, is this still true?
I'm reading between the lines here as I have no direct experience or knowledge on the D2R scene. According to this Reedit post & comments, it seem slick you can install a mod manager and the use that to get additional mods. Dunno if this actually helps but it's the best I could I find quickly.

amigastar

I'm reading between the lines here as I have no direct experience or knowledge on the D2R scene. According to this Reedit post & comments, it seem slick you can install a mod manager and the use that to get additional mods. Dunno if this actually helps but it's the best I could I find quickly.

Ok, thanks for searching.
Unfortunately i can't get D2RMM to work with Vanilla Plus, there is a Vanilla Plus Plus mod but i don't know if its the same mod as Vanilla Plus.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!

Buy a Tome of Town Portal and fill it with 20 Scrolls of Town Portal. With this you can go back to town in an instance and sell whatever you have. Take blue, yellow, green and gold items with you since these will give you the most amount of gold. When you feel like its to much then leave the blue gear and so on. This is just for the first difficulty setting since later on grey items have quite a high value for crafting.

Stash runes, gems, charms and gear with special names (green) since usually it will end up in a unique set.

...but any tips to help a beginner out is much appreciated =)

Just enjoy your first playthrough and don't overthink it to much. You can respec you char for free once a playthrough so just mess around with abilities and then focus it by the end of your first playthrough. The game is meant to be played multiple times and by the time you reach the higher difficulties you'll have a better understanding of the specifics of the game.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Thanks a bunch man that makes a lot of sense!!! Very helpful!

I was wondering why I couldn't portal home sometimes but that's because you need those scrolls I guess? Or maybe I'm talking out of my ass by way misunderstanding your post lmao.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Thanks a bunch man that makes a lot of sense!!! Very helpful!

I was wondering why I couldn't portal home sometimes but that's because you need those scrolls I guess? Or maybe I'm talking out of my ass by way misunderstanding your post lmao.
20 Town Portals will cover 20 item places in the inventory and a Tome only 2 with 20 scrolls inside.

Sadly i can only find a video for the Playstation so you need to think XBoX here and i also think there are more hotkeys than in the video. Can't remember it's to long since i played it.

tommib

Ok, finally started this on PS5 yesterday and played for 3 hours. Is there something wrong I could do with stats that I should avoid?

Any general tips for beginners? I already got an archer as a companion. I hate that I’m constantly over-carrying loot and need to drop it. Anything that can ease this?

tempted to finally grab this. it's only £11.55.

i played a bit of it during the open beta i think but that's as far as my experience wth Diablo 2 goes.

fuck it i'm gonna get it. can't go wrong at that price surely!

Con-Z-epT

Ok, finally started this on PS5 yesterday and played for 3 hours. Is there something wrong I could do with stats that I should avoid?

Any general tips for beginners? I already got an archer as a companion. I hate that I’m constantly over-carrying loot and need to drop it. Anything that can ease this?
You could mess up your build but i encourage you to play around with state points and abilities. You can respec once per playthrough for free so get a feel for what you like and then respec by the end of your playthrough.

You basically play through the game and then start again on a higher difficulty. There isn't much you can do wrong on your first run. Just enjoy the ride. On the higher difficulty settings its all about min / maxing everything but by the time you reach that you will already have a better understanding of the core features.

Just don't take everything with you. Although you can buy cool things with gold the best equipment is out in the wild and you will soon end up with an insane amount of gold. Take yellow, green and gold items with you since they sell good. And stash gems, runes and charmes.

Just have fun! And ask away if you want to know something more specific. Maybe i remember. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Edit: Also check the video i posted two posts above you for some useful beginner stuff.

Last edited:

tommib

You could mess up your build but i encourage you to play around with state points and abilities. You can respec once per playthrough for free so get a feel for what you like and then respec by the end of your playthrough.

You basically play through the game and then start again on a higher difficulty. There isn't much you can do wrong on your first run. Just enjoy the ride. On the higher difficulty settings its all about min / maxing everything but by the time you reach that you will already have a better understanding of the core features.

Just don't take everything with you. Although you can buy cool things with gold the best equipment is out in the wild and you will soon end up with an insane amount of gold. Take yellow, green and gold items with you since they sell good. And stash gems, runes and charmes.

Just have fun! And ask away if you want to know something more specific. Maybe i remember. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I’m loving the vibe. It’s really what I needed. I’ll be sticking with it for long. Will be my main game for at least a month. Will come back with questions!

tommib

So annoying. I got it on Switch as well to be able to play my character from PS5 but because it’s an offline one I can’t import it. Cross platform saves only work for online characters. Can you turn an offline character into an online one?

And it’s impossible to get a refund from the eshop of course.

Top Bottom