• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

DavidGzz

Guess I wasted my socket upgrade on a superior crystal sword. I only got 3 sockets. I didn't know the enhanced damage would cause it to only get 3 sockets. Or maybe it was the 10% max durability bonus. Booo

Malakhov

Banned
A little OT: Whenever people used to call the game a "clickfest", I would always say, "Don't you realize you can just hold the button down to continue a function after pressing the mouse key once?" I never just sat there and clicked all over the place. Even with those annoying teleporting mobs, they go in a straight line after.
IT's diablo 1 flashbacks, you had to keep on clicking just to attack back then lol

Vagswarm

IT's diablo 1 flashbacks, you had to keep on clicking just to attack back then lol
Perhaps they were grouped together. I remember it being brought up a lot when discussing Diablo 2 generally. Clickfest and Diablo were pretty much synonymous with each other.

Last edited:

Macattk15

Diablo 3 really spoiled me with loot. I have about 300% mf and i dont know howwwwwwwwwww many fucking times i've killed hell Meph and hell Andariel over and over and over again along with farming Ancient Tunnels / Act 2 Sewers ..... and have basically jack shit to show for it.

I did get an Occy off my first Baal hell kill, but thats about it.

Last edited:

Braag

Diablo 3 really spoiled me with loot. I have about 300% mf and i dont know howwwwwwwwwww many fucking times i've killed hell Meph and hell Andariel over and over and over again along with farming Ancient Tunnels / Act 2 Sewers ..... and have basically jack shit to show for it.

I did get an Occy off my first Baal hell kill, but thats about it.

Welcome to D2. The RNG gods are harsh and feed off your time.

Though I like the way unique and set items work in D2 where they have set stats on them and they just roll lower or higher. Instead of D3 where you were looking for certain bracers for example and once it finally drops it has such shitty stats on it that you have to look for new ones.

Malakhov

Banned
I know shit about this item but it looks good, just had it dropped from hell mephisto

ViOMODM.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
300000000 years later

ding lvl 91

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Is it always possible to get a unique weapon / armor while gambling or are there certain criteria that make it more likely or even impossible?

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Why am I not finding any weapons with sockets? I've been picking up only the blue ones because I thought white and grey were shit. Do sockets only appear to certain rarity colors or something?

I feel like a total noob playing this game, but man, playing this feels like doing coke while driving a ferrari with a hot chick. On hell.

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Almost had a panic moment... Just died twice in a row without recovering my body the first time. In thinking of how people mentioned losing their items upon death and how Dark Souls works, I feared that all my loot was gone. Fortunately that wasn't the case. But damn those Moon Guards in Act V are lethal.

But eh, that character was pissing me off and I went with a Paladin instead. It's definitely a lot better when you have equipment ready to go in the shared stash; makes the early leveling experience much smoother.

Vagswarm

Why am I not finding any weapons with sockets? I've been picking up only the blue ones because I thought white and grey were shit. Do sockets only appear to certain rarity colors or something?

I feel like a total noob playing this game, but man, playing this feels like doing coke while driving a ferrari with a hot chick. On hell.
Nope, it is random luck. Everything from grey to yellow has had sockets so far. The blue wand I had on the Necromancer had two sockets.

Inviusx

Lack of lobbies is really killing console multiplayer. I'm yet to see a single soul when trying to matchmake with any of the preset game modes they've added. So ronery......

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Almost had a panic moment... Just died twice in a row without recovering my body the first time. In thinking of how people mentioned losing their items upon death and how Dark Souls works, I feared that all my loot was gone. Fortunately that wasn't the case. But damn those Moon Guards in Act V are lethal.

But eh, that character was pissing me off and I went with a Paladin instead. It's definitely a lot better when you have equipment ready to go in the shared stash; makes the early leveling experience much smoother.
I was watching a tips video yesterday and they mentioned that, if you ever have a LOT of trouble getting back to your body, you can just get out of the game and get back in. You'll be back at the camp/city/whatever with your corpse right by your side.

Nope, it is random luck. Everything from grey to yellow has had sockets so far. The blue wand I had on the Necromancer had two sockets.
Oh, great to know! Thanks man, guess I've just been having bad luck.

Vagswarm

I was watching a tips video yesterday and they mentioned that, if you ever have a LOT of trouble getting back to your body, you can just get out of the game and get back in. You'll be back at the camp/city/whatever with your corpse right by your side.
Oh damn, I forgot about that. You are right, that is possible. Would've probably saved me a few trips going back into the cave, but it was fun using the golem as a decoy while I rushed in like a maniac.

TintoConCasera

Oh damn, I forgot about that. You are right, that is possible. Would've probably saved me a few trips going back into the cave, but it was fun using the golem as a decoy while I rushed in like a maniac.
Haha yeah well, your alternative sounds way more fun. Also, doing as I said would have regenerated all areas and enemies, so maybe you did the right thing.

Guess I wasted my socket upgrade on a superior crystal sword. I only got 3 sockets. I didn't know the enhanced damage would cause it to only get 3 sockets. Or maybe it was the 10% max durability bonus. Booo
I heard something about items having a hidden level. I wanted a 4 socket crystal sword but it had to drop off a certain level monster and the best place to get one is normal cows. The one I got there got 4 sockets when I went to the dude in act V.

Vagswarm

Is it always possible to get a unique weapon / armor while gambling or are there certain criteria that make it more likely or even impossible?
Nope. The only thing that matters is your character level, in the sense that you will receive an item that is between -5 or +4 levels of your character. The higher your character level, the more types of items and prefixes become available. It doesn't matter what difficulty, act, or NPC you use, and items like magic find don't factor into it. Neither does the amount of players in the game.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Nope. The only thing that matters is your character level, in the sense that you will receive an item that is between -5 or +4 levels of your character. The higher your character level, the more types of items and prefixes become available. It doesn't matter what difficulty, act, or NPC you use, and items like magic find don't factor into it. Neither does the amount of players in the game.
And it is possible with every weapon or armor that is offered by the vendor?

Was wondering since yellow is not to rare but i never had a gold one.

Vagswarm

And it is possible with every weapon or armor that is offered by the vendor?

Was wondering since yellow is not to rare but i never had a gold one.
Yes. The reason is probably because there's a 10% chance of getting a rare item vs .05% for a unique. I never got higher than a rare either. You can also get set (green) items this way, with a .1% chance.

There's some kind of weird formula for calculating the odds of exceptional and elite items, but it is possible to get them through gambling as well. Higher level characters have a better chance of getting them.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I also thought that it was like Dark Souls where if you died, your gear and body would be there and you need to go back to it. I did that and dies on my return trip. I thought I lost all of the loot and gold from my original body, but no, both bodies were still there with all of the loot.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member

ALL grey items are either ethereal or socketed, start picking them up lol.

Just steamrolled the Flayer Dungeon on Nightmare. Got a unique flail that synergizes with my build, good times.

TintoConCasera

ALL grey items are either ethereal or socketed, start picking them up lol.

Just steamrolled the Flayer Dungeon on Nightmare. Got a unique flail that synergizes with my build, good times.
I did pick some of those at the start. All of them were ethereal so I guessed they were all shit. Thanks man.

Want to give me merc Insight, seems like it's too hard to make the runeword (Sol rune) on normal. So what should I give him in the meantime

Con-Z-epT

I did not expect the game to be so challenging on nightmare. Went in with level 41 and some of the beefed up mobs in act 1 can still kill me in one or two hits. Lets see how far i can come.

me, last night, after finishing Uncut Gems (movie was on topic) 1130, usual bed time. Ill just check the act2 shop for a Leaf base staff. actually find it quickly. Well I can't stop now. Kill Andurial for giggles. Kill Countess for giggles. Basically one shotting the bitches. listening to youtube videos on diablo while playing diablo. Check out act 3, damn i got to shit. Don't want to. Sitting on my knees to keep shit inside. its 1 am k that enough. Heck ill make a Stealth runeword. Heck i should upgrade my comp to act 2 guy. Hmm lets give him insight. Try to figure out how to get sol. Make some runewords in cube. its 2 am. I hate this game

Ulysses 31

Try to figure out how to get sol.

Cube transmute

3 El Runes --> 1 Eld Rune
3 Eld Runes --> 1 Tir Rune
3 Tir Runes --> 1 Nef Rune
3 Nef Runes --> 1 Eth Rune
3 Eth Runes --> 1 Ith Rune
3 Ith Runes --> 1 Tal Rune
3 Tal Runes --> 1 Ral Rune
3 Ral Runes --> 1 Ort Rune
3 Ort Runes --> 1 Thul Rune

3 Thul Runes + 1 Chipped Topaz --> 1 Amn Rune
3 Amn Runes + 1 Chipped Amethyst --> 1 Sol Rune
3 Sol Runes + 1 Chipped Sapphire --> 1 Shael Rune
3 Shael Runes + 1 Chipped Ruby --> 1 Dol Rune
3 Dol Runes + 1 Chipped Emerald --> 1 Hel Rune
3 Hel Runes + 1 Chipped Diamond --> 1 Io Rune

3 Io Runes + 1 Flawed Topaz --> 1 Lum Rune
3 Lum Runes + 1 Flawed Amethyst --> 1 Ko Rune
3 Ko Runes + 1 Flawed Sapphire --> 1 Fal Rune
3 Fal Runes + 1 Flawed Ruby --> 1 Lem Rune
3 Lem Runes + 1 Flawed Emerald --> 1 Pul Rune
2 Pul Runes + 1 Flawed Diamond --> 1 Um Rune

2 Um Runes + 1 Topaz --> Mal Rune
2 Mal Runes + 1 Amethyst --> Ist Rune
2 Ist Runes + 1 Sapphire --> Gul Rune
2 Gul Runes + 1 Ruby --> Vex Rune
2 Vex Runes + 1 Emerald --> Ohm Rune
2 Ohm Runes + 1 Diamond --> Lo Rune

2 Lo Runes + 1 Flawless Topaz --> Sur Rune
2 Sur Runes + 1 Flawless Amethyst --> Ber Rune
2 Ber Runes + 1 Flawless Sapphire --> Jah Rune
2 Jah Runes + 1 Flawless Ruby --> Cham Rune
2 Cham Runes + 1 Flawless Emerald --> Zod Rune

Con-Z-epT

Can somebody explain attack rating to me. Is it important as a sorceress?

Found a ring that says +116 attack rating and was wondering what it does since it changes nothing on the character screen.

Ulysses 31

Found a ring that says +116 attack rating and was wondering what it does since it changes nothing on the character screen.
Attack rating increases chance to hit enemies. Dunno if that also applies to magic attacks.

Con-Z-epT

Attack rating increases chance to hit enemies. Dunno if that also applies to magic attacks.
Sometimes i use a bow and when it misses it shows a cross on the enemy. So this won't happen with higher attack rating i guess?

Never happens with magic though. Thanks nonetheless.

Looks like the same thing is available on the PS4 and PS5. Even has the same name: Prime Evil Collection, and the same price.

*The Eternal Collection for Diablo 3 on console includes the Necromancer Pack, which is included in this.

For those on the Xbox, the same deals are also available.

Trying to convince the mates to get in on this. Hopefully will begin this wknd!

Why everyone says Act 2 mercs are the best for hire? Unless its a thing for Nightmare difficulty, I find them pretty lacking compared to my bow and arrow chicks from Act 1. Powered up, she would be picking off enemies left and right while the Spear merc I find is very slow with his attacks, loses stamina fast if more enemies surround him and at least to me, end up more like a decoy than a useful merc.

Last edited:
Why everyone says Act 2 mercs are the best for hire? Unless its a thing for Nightmare difficulty, I find them pretty lacking compared to my bow and arrow chicks from Act 1. Powered up, she would be picking off enemies left and right while the Spear merc I find is very slow with his attacks, loses stamina fast if more enemies surround him and at least to me, end up more like a decoy than a useful merc.
It's specifically the Nightmare Act 2 merc because of his freeze aura.
Up to Nightmare Act 2 I also prefer the bow amazon merc.

DavidGzz

I heard something about items having a hidden level. I wanted a 4 socket crystal sword but it had to drop off a certain level monster and the best place to get one is normal cows. The one I got there got 4 sockets when I went to the dude in act V.

Ah, I see. Well it worked for my pally. I just made sure it was white with no bonuses. I have 4 in my stash. I was wondering why people were looking for them in the cow portal when I see so many drop in act 3 and 4.

So I will stop playing until those morons finish their game.
Iam on PS5 and literally every time I quit and save the game I loose almost all progress I ve made that session.
For example I started over Act 3 for 4 times now with the last time making it to Travincal and had every fasttravelpoint activated.

Started right now again with only the great bog or how that's called In English version..

And iam playing an OFFLINE Char for Christ sake!!!

Wtf is happening here ???

LOLCats

Banned
So I will stop playing until those morons finish their game.
Iam on PS5 and literally every time I quit and save the game I loose almost all progress I ve made that session.
For example I started over Act 3 for 4 times now with the last time making it to Travincal and had every fasttravelpoint activated.

Started right now again with only the great bog or how that's called In English version..

And iam playing an OFFLINE Char for Christ sake!!!

Wtf is happening here ???
bruh i see your problem... its save then quit :)

Im only noticing graphical bugs and the belt autofill that seems bugged on the offline switch ver. Some stuttering too, not buttery.

speaking of switch ver, anyone know if i can move the map overlay around by itself, i like doing full screen, but hate not being able to shift it around if the map is bigger than display… seems like perfect function for r stick

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Not in the least. It only applies to melee and ranged attacks.

*Another thing to note is that the weapon damage found on items doesn't affect spells of any kind either. It's only for melee and ranged depending on the weapon type. Weapons used with casters are mainly for their skill bonuses and other prefixes. Skills and their synergies (ie, applies bonus to [other skill]) are what determine spell damage.

Last edited:

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Playing offline solo, had zero issues beyond the "shared stash" bug early on but that's been fixed, smooth sailing.

I strongly suggest that fellow newcomers to the game start reading up on a lot of the mechanics and educating themselves on the game (instead of just making one-off posts here). I played my first playthrough blind and it was glorious, I believe all new players should go into their first run on Normal with very little info/outside influence. Once you hit Nightmare though you're going to want to know the ins and outs of maximizing your build and understanding the layers of the game whether it be breakpoints, cube recipes, magic find, skill point allocation etc. It wasn't until Act II Nightmare that I found out I could upgrade my unique weapon to a higher tier making it that much more powerful and viable going forward.

Anyway, the game continues to have me firmly in it's grasp. I'm trying to get my buddy who spent thousands of hours with D2 back in the day to pick it up. He's a casual gamer but that game ran his life once upon a time, I need to pull him back in 😂.

Vagswarm

Gotta say, I'm tearing it up a lot quicker with the Paladin (over the frail Necromancer). Went with the Zealot, which I had on the original as well (without knowing it was an actual build, probably messed that one up at some point too, lol).

Now that it's no longer necessary to see as far as possible, being up close with melee combat, I zoomed in a few notches, and like someone else mentioned earlier, it does look better. The resolution option in the settings menu is unchangeable (for me at least), so I had to hold down F while using the mouse scroller to zoom out. It looks like there are pre-determined resolution settings that you can zoom in & out to by doing this. I'm probably on 1024 x 768 right now.

Top Bottom