• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

Do the Merc skills change with each difficulty? I don't recall the Act 2 merc having freeze aura, at least not on Normal difficulty. It was defense, heal, and attack rating.

It must be nice having an extra minion (grizzly) to help tank. That's what I'm missing with the Act 1 merc, lol. She dies so fast and keeps running into packs of mobs. Spent enough gold reviving her dumb ass. The mercs from normal difficulty weren't doing much better, so I've just been going solo in Act 1. They were all equipped pretty well, some even had better armor than me at times. They can't survive with all those elites. Maybe the gear wasn't quite good enough for Nightmare difficulty.

I never even thought to give mercs full rejuvenation potions. Sh*t. That's great advice right there. Instant heal instead of having to wait.
Yea, some of the Nightmare Mercs have different skills for whatever reason lol.

Moonjt9

My barb in nightmare is using act 2 normal merc for attack rating aura because I can’t hit anything. I think each merc has their uses.

Vagswarm

My barb in nightmare is using act 2 normal merc for attack rating aura because I can’t hit anything. I think each merc has their uses.
What kind of build are you running? I have Frenzy with Sword specialization and some points in the -defense, -damage warcry.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Good question. I'll make an update next time I play & upgrade a weapon. Wasn't too fussed about it at the time because the focus was on power, to take down the mobs quicker.

But it should be noted that the stat requirements can jump up pretty high. This crafted unique exceptional sword (ancient sword) required 127 str and 88 dex for example.
Well that figures. I'm all out of the low-tier runes needed to upgrade rare items, and was unable too find any during a quick Nightmare run through Dark Wood. 🤷‍♂️ I'll see if I can't find some again later, unless someone with knowledge about this wants to chime in.

But incase anyone forgot: combining 3 normal rejuvenation potions creates 1 full rejuvenation potion. Instant full life and mana. Comes in very handy, and the normal's drop like crazy.
I'm gonna find out myself today when i get home from work but thanks.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Hell difficulty is quite overwhelming. Much more than nightmare in the beginning. The lower resistances of yourself together with the immunities are crazy.

Half of the enemies don't even take damage. How is this even playable...

Last edited:

Braag

Just had my first taste of online in this game and... Yeeeah, I'm sticking to solo play.
We killed Diablo and Baal on Hell and I literally didn't even get a glimpse of what the bosses dropped. Everyone just huddled around the boss near the end and tried to scoop up everything as fast as possible and portal away.
Also 3 of us got killed by those annoying stunlocking axe guys in baal's throneroom and people didn't even create portals to help out, had to run all the way back from waypoint, dodging enemies and someone had stolen my gold and full rev potions :(
Absolute insanity.

Last edited:

Kacho

Hell difficulty is quite overwhelming. Much more than nightmare in the beginning. The lower resistances of yourself together with the immunities are crazy.

Half of the enemies don't even take damage. How is this even playable...
It does get easier so don’t give up. Did you farm Nightmare for items before making the jump?

TTOOLL

Just had my first taste of online in this game and... Yeeeah, I'm sticking to solo play.
We killed Diablo and Baal on Hell and I literally didn't even get a glimpse of what the bosses dropped. Everyone just huddled around the boss near the end and tried to scoop up everything as fast as possible and portal away.
Also 3 of us got killed by those annoying stunlocking axe guys in baal's throneroom and people didn't even create portals to help out, had to run all the way back from waypoint, dodging enemies and someone had stolen my gold and full rev potions :(
Absolute insanity.

I would NEVER play this game with people I don't know. It's just too much crazyness, it's literally hell.
I've played this game for years and years, always solo. I stop when I want and there's no bullshit.

DavidGzz

For my Fireball Sorc I just dumped about 10 points into Frozen Orb and a point into Cold Mastery. Carried me through Hell just fine.

Thanks for the idea. I may go back to sorc now. Blizzard is kind of boring and if I can go dual element, Hell won't be such a drag.

I would NEVER play this game with people I don't know. It's just too much crazyness, it's literally hell.
I've played this game for years and years, always solo. I stop when I want and there's no bullshit.

Same here and I'm REALLY glad I started in offline mode after all the server issues they are having. I only ever played online in the past to mule items, anyway.

Last edited:
Just wasted some runes thinking I was making fortitude. Turned out I used io instead of Lo. Font confused me. I ain't gonna find a Lo till hell looks like so what armor should I put on my Merc till then? Currently just using an old stealth. Playing a fireball sorc

After all those amazing drops I posted, Lo, shako, 29 mara, etc I’ve had a total drought for 2 days now

can’t find shit. Switching between meph and AT and only finding garbage

rng gods can be brutal

Malakhov

Banned
Just wasted some runes thinking I was making fortitude. Turned out I used io instead of Lo. Font confused me. I ain't gonna find a Lo till hell looks like so what armor should I put on my Merc till then? Currently just using an old stealth. Playing a fireball sorc
Treachery, some even argue treachery is better than fortitude because of its fade proc and increase attack speed

I have treachery, insight and a tal's mask so he life leeches, stays alive

Vagswarm

For anyone curious: I upgraded a rare weapon and a unique weapon (both to exceptional) using the horadric cube, and all of the stats / prefixes remained exactly the same. The only change was in the base damage and stat requirements (both went up) and the weapon type (broadsword to runesword). Don't have to worry about losing the bonuses on your weapon, as it's literally just an upgrade.

According to the link below, it would also retain any gems and runes. Not bad, not bad.

*Edit: Can confirm the gems and runes remain intact. Just upgraded another weapon with a rune and a gem attached.

Last edited:
Treachery, some even argue treachery is better than fortitude because of its fade proc and increase attack speed

I have treachery, insight and a tal's mask so he life leeches, stays alive
Same setup I use, although my mask is socketed with a perfect amethyst so he can use his ethereal CV which has a stupid str req

Vagswarm

Oh hell yeah... Now we're back in business. Got 2 upgraded exceptional swords with life / mana steal on each. Clearing areas out a lot faster. Took down the Smith solo with only using a few potions.

That linked cheatsheet there is great:

Personally I only care about runewords so here are screenshots for quick reference:

42258039kl.png

42258040sq.png

Moonjt9

What kind of build are you running? I have Frenzy with Sword specialization and some points in the -defense, -damage warcry.
I was running concentrate but the damage was lackluster so I respecced into whirlwind and sword mastery. Much easier farming now. Using battle command and battle orders for sweet buffs

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
PS5 EU Servers seem down again. If only they had not ported over 20 year old net code. This game with more QoL improvements and modern net code would have been game of the year material.

TTOOLL

Finished the game on normal yesterday with a frenzy barb, never played this class before. It’s fun but I need better gear. Did a cow level run and got a bunch of runes and a nice ring, even got a Dol. Niiiiice

Hinedorf

Banned
zero communication from blizzard, is probably what i find the most unacceptable.
Is this the same company with daily reports showing extreme cases of mistreatment of employees and humans in general.

Lack of communication is probably the best thing they're doing right now, you get what you support

The entire plan for D2 was to leave the code as untouched as possible, IE get as much money with the least amount of actual effort to the program. Now you have a finished product and guess what..... it's not finished.

TheDude108

Is the chat not working for anyone else in game/lobby?

EDIT: Nevermind. For some reason in-game chat was disabled for me

Last edited:

Cracklox

I'm taking a break from this for a while. Had my best hc run going with a level 55 blaze sorc, and got gangbanged by those stupid fucking Stygian Doll cocksuckers in the dungeon before Meph on nightmare. I thought I'd cleared the whole dungeon and was making my way to the next floor when 3 of them jumped me in a room, and trapped me against a wall and it was over fast.

I'll be back on it, maybe when they start seasons or something, but I've got other shit to play and really can't be arsed running through act 1 normal for the umpteenth time, chasing down goblins one by one because early game aoe is basically non existent. Plus I've filled the 3 shared stash tabs up and now I don't know what to do with gear I find so that kinda shits me. Hoping they add more storage by the time I come back.

Still, happy to have finally experienced it and seen what the near 20 years of hype was all about

I'm taking a break from this for a while. Had my best hc run going with a level 55 blaze sorc, and got gangbanged by those stupid fucking Stygian Doll cocksuckers in the dungeon before Meph on nightmare. I thought I'd cleared the whole dungeon and was making my way to the next floor when 3 of them jumped me in a room, and trapped me against a wall and it was over fast.

I'll be back on it, maybe when they start seasons or something, but I've got other shit to play and really can't be arsed running through act 1 normal for the umpteenth time, chasing down goblins one by one because early game aoe is basically non existent. Plus I've filled the 3 shared stash tabs up and now I don't know what to do with gear I find so that kinda shits me. Hoping they add more storage by the time I come back.

Still, happy to have finally experienced it and seen what the near 20 years of hype was all about
I was just about to make a post about those crazy undead pygmies. Melt me in 2 hits on nightmare.

Vagswarm

So I got a rare jewel drop for the first time ever, thinking it would be something amazing and sexy, and all it did was give +2 to dexterity and +4 to damage. WTF... You can get that on a charm.

Talk about disappointment.

Vagswarm

Finished the game on normal yesterday with a frenzy barb, never played this class before. It’s fun but I need better gear. Did a cow level run and got a bunch of runes and a nice ring, even got a Dol. Niiiiice
Nice, I'm using the same build. Upgrade a couple rare / unique weapons to exceptional quality, get some life / mana steal (gems or trinkets) and decent armor, and you should be pretty good to go. I was fortunate to get a 300 armor chest piece and 105 armor circlet, which has helped a lot I'm sure.

*Items with + to all resistances are also important, as you take a resistance loss with each difficulty. Fortunately such items exist.

Last edited:
Trading on ps5 sucks. Might be easier to find a forum community that can organize trading..

That said ive got tal rashas eye lid(1-2-1), a ravenfrost and a natures peace im willing to trade lol

sircaw

Banned
Trading on ps5 sucks. Might be easier to find a forum community that can organize trading..

That said ive got tal rashas eye lid(1-2-1), a ravenfrost and a natures peace im willing to trade lol
being using discord, there is a PlayStation section + xbox section for trading etc, used it a couple of times already

try this, hope it helps

Last edited:
Top Bottom