• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
You never know with Blizzard. Their priority right now is fixing all the issues and implementing the ladder. But they fully plan on supporting this title unlike Warcraft 3: Reforged.
Ok so i need a second TV for now got it. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Know what I like about my Hammeredin ? You can get the end game viable weapon at level 25 before finishing normal play through. Crystal Sword with runes (stealth). Or am I missing something here?

Lanrutcon

Know what I like about my Hammeredin ? You can get the end game viable weapon at level 25 before finishing normal play through. Crystal Sword with runes (stealth). Or am I missing something here?
Stealth is an armor runeword, used for the movement speed it gives.

You want Spirit, it goes in a 4 socket crystal sword (normal Cows) and it'll give you mana and +skills. Maybe even fcr, I can't remember.

Con-Z-epT

Lastly, I came across some fucked up Aztec looking temple in Act 3 covered in blood, it looked like something used for ritual human sacrifice I imagine.
Looks awesome!

51543976497_2893df36fd_b.jpg

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
So how good / easy does the cross progression work?

I'm thinking about getting it for the Switch as a work around for the constant occupation of the living room.

Do i need to connect my battle.net account and that is it?
Works great.
online characters only.. so no offline cross progression.

Decided to take a decent dip in my MF to increase fcr to 105% breakpoint

think it’s worth it. Way faster and safer getting to hell mephisto (was occasionally dying with 63%)

I can still hit 379% mf by switching to gull/rhyme before he dies

feels like that’s plenty. Been getting some pretty decent drops

edit: crazy how fast he dies with blizzard. -155% cold resistance really does a number on him. Takes about 5 seconds for him to die, if that

Last edited:

Spukc

Decided to take a decent dip in my MF to increase fcr to 105% breakpoint

think it’s worth it. Way faster and safer getting to hell mephisto (was occasionally dying with 63%)

I can still hit 379% mf by switching to gull/rhyme before he dies

feels like that’s plenty. Been getting some pretty decent drops

edit: crazy how fast he dies with blizzard. -155% cold resistance really does a number on him. Takes about 5 seconds for him to die, if that
Isn’t above 250% MF already pretty meh?

Vagswarm

Cross play is not available, cross progression is. :messenger_winking_tongue:
Ah, my bad. Was just looking at an article which mentioned the two separately. So you are right.

Luckily for players looking to play Diablo II: Resurrected on multiple platforms, the game will launch with cross-progression across all its platforms.

Some players may be disappointed to learn that the game won’t feature cross-play when it launches. Blizzard has confirmed they are still open to adding crossplay in the future, but not from day one.

Last edited:

Spukc

Vagswarm Vagswarm Spukc Spukc

So, yes or no or just for online chars?
YES for online chars.

also fuck blizzard with these vague as fuck statements. "we are open to adding" cross-play.
either fucking add it or not.

Big IF anyway for this so called cross multiplayer.. the switch version only has max 4 players instead of 8.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

What are the best runewords for a lightning sorceress?

I already have stealth in my armor and could make spirit if i find a good crystal sword.

What could i do in addition or in exchange?

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
So I convinced my buddy to pick it up but he's on PS4, I'm playing on PS5. No cross-play (at the very least within the same ecosystem) sucks but OK, guess I need to play the PS4 version on my PS5. Man, restricted to 30 fps and a huge drop in image quality really is jarring but now I've got to suffer through it since his main reason for getting the game is me hyping him up for some co-op action 😂. Hopefully Blizz adds cross-play asap, not optimistic though based on their vague statements.

EDIT: update, PS4 and PS5 have cross-play 🎉🎉🎉

Last edited:

Spukc

So I convinced my buddy to pick it up but he's on PS4, I'm playing on PS5. No cross-play (at the very least within the same ecosystem) sucks but OK, guess I need to play the PS4 version on my PS5. Man, restricted to 30 fps and a huge drop in image quality really is jarring but now I've got to suffer through it since his main reason for getting the game is me hyping him up for some co-op action 😂. Hopefully Blizz adds cross-play asap, not optimistic though based on their vague statements.

EDIT: update, PS4 and PS5 have cross-play 🎉🎉🎉
Yeah same for xbox one and series

Inviusx

Got my first SOJ tonight doing Andy nightmare runs. The achievement that appeared after Cain identified it kinda ruined the surprise though lol.

Kacho

Gold Member
How to get a 4 slot Targe for my Paladin? Can It drop (where?) or do I need to have sockets build into it using ACT5 Quest reward?
Either run normal Cow levels for a white targe and use your socket quest on it, or farm Nightmare (anywhere) until you find one.

PanzerAzel

Yeah…..I think I made a mistake pursuing outside guides to this.

Used them for help in attaining Leaf and Stealth. Now that I have them, my sorceress’s cutting through mobs like a hot knife through butter. It’s ridiculously easy and has effectively negated the entire point of the game for me….I don’t even bother looking at loot stats anymore or even picking shit up because they’re all laughable in comparison.

As such, I’ve lost a lot of motivation to continue playing and feel very foolish and am kicking myself for jumping the gun and robbing the game of its central gameplay and reinforcement loop. Not to say I don’t want decent kit, but what’s the point of continuing? I know this build won’t last forever but also am hearing this combination can even see me through to the end of Nightmare, yet I’m still only in Act II normal. It’s great gear, but also…..how would I ever have discovered such runeword combinations on my own? Im in a conundrum of knowing that better gear is available, but incredibly highly unlikely to be discovered as most of it lay in runeword combinations, which, with four slots at times, can be astronomical in making the right laydown.

I guess I just don’t like the knowledge that the best gear is pretty much minimal in chance of attaining without seeking outside guidance.

Used them for help in attaining Leaf and Stealth. Now that I have them, my sorceress’s cutting through mobs like a hot knife through butter. It’s ridiculously easy and has effectively negated the entire point of the game for me….I don’t even bother looking at loot stats anymore or even picking shit up because they’re all laughable in comparison.

As such, I’ve lost a lot of motivation to continue playing and feel very foolish and am kicking myself for jumping the gun and robbing the game of its central gameplay and reinforcement loop. Not to say I don’t want decent kit, but what’s the point of continuing? I know this build won’t last forever but also am hearing this combination can even see me through to the end of Nightmare, yet I’m still only in Act II normal. It’s great gear, but also…..how would I ever have discovered such runeword combinations on my own? Im in a conundrum of knowing that better gear is available, but incredibly highly unlikely to be discovered as most of it lay in runeword combinations, which, with four slots at times, can be astronomical in making the right laydown.

I guess I just don’t like the knowledge that the best gear is pretty much minimal in chance of attaining without seeking outside guidance.
Oh don't worry, you are still in Normal. Your Sorc damage output would basically stop growing midway through Nightmare and the rest is spent trying to not get killed. Sorcs are glass cannons, of course you can kill stuff, but get swarmed and you would die in moments. Even Energy Shield can be erased if a Mana Drain monster touched you even once. Your goal is to somehow buff your own defense to tolerable levels. Killing is easy for a Sorc; to not die is harder.

For anyone that is struggling at some point, once you get runewords on your equipment it gets much smoother. But remember, you are playing on normal and if you look up those runewords like Stealth / Leaf they are considered F-tier. Meaning thats just scratching the surface because you would need A tier on Nightmare etc. Also Sorc is kinda OP if you specked her well because you can target many foes. Im a barb and lucky the game gives out many potions. For me I noticed the jump to Act 2 enemy wise was more punishing whereas Act 3 im going through it like butter. It could be the new runes I put on or just the enemy type is not as long ranged as Act 2 so my barb is just mowing them down.

Oh don't worry, you are still in Normal. Your Sorc damage output would basically stop growing midway through Nightmare and the rest is spent trying to not get killed. Sorcs are glass cannons, of course you can kill stuff, but get swarmed and you would die in moments. Even Energy Shield can be erased if a Mana Drain monster touched you even once. Your goal is to somehow buff your own defense to tolerable levels. Killing is easy for a Sorc; to not die is harder.
I am doing the exact same build as him and this was in my head a little bit too. Just merc'd Diablo like any other enemy. Glad it jumps up. I do feel like back in the day I played barb and it was a bit more fun having a more gradual gear progression.

PanzerAzel

Yeah, I started over with the Amazon.

Never again going to use a guide, I’m surprised how doing so immediately stripped the game of all its fun. Even if I don’t have the best gear, just the knowledge of the potential of that gear in my mind and what the killing of an enemy may bring makes the game fun and addicting, and the incremental progression of betterment is far more gratifying than such a massive leap.

Don‘t know what I was thinking in playing someone else’s game. In Nightmare and Hell I’m obviously going to have to defer to experience, but normal will be all me.

Inviusx

Yeah, I started over with the Amazon.

Never again going to use a guide, I’m surprised how doing so immediately stripped the game of all its fun. Even if I don’t have the best gear, just the knowledge of the potential of that gear in my mind and what the killing of an enemy may bring makes the game fun and addicting, and the incremental progression of betterment is far more gratifying than such a massive leap.

Don‘t know what I was thinking in playing someone else’s game. In Nightmare and Hell I’m obviously going to have to defer to experience, but normal will be all me.

Good rule of thumb would be to use your own instincts until you hit a progression wall and then consult a guide for some paths forward.

Denton

I am level 62 pure solo druid about to go visit Baal on nightmare.

Haven't used a single rune or build guide or anything like that.

Still using a sash I found on level 2.

Still doing decent damage, although I expect Baal will take me 90 minutes to kill (took 19 minutes on normal).

Last edited:

treemk

Banned
I am level 62 pure solo druid about to go visit Baal on nightmare.

Haven't used a single rune or build guide or anything like that.

Still using a sash I found on level 2.

Still doing decent damage, although I expect Baal will take me 90 minutes to kill (took 19 minutes on normal).
Are you using a merc? Pretty sure my merc in normal could have killed Baal by itself in less than 19 minutes.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Pacing in this game is a bit weird. Rocking as necromancer and my skeletons basically have no problems whatsoever until I reach each acts final boss, then it all fall apart. Diablo himself was a pain in the ass. His fire circle attack basically offed most of my skeletons in one hit before they could even reach him... Only got to him when I managed to make the portal close enough to him so he would not make this attack but immediately go into melee.

He dropped some legendary gear though so I guess it was worth it. Now up to Baal.

treemk

Banned
Pacing in this game is a bit weird. Rocking as necromancer and my skeletons basically have no problems whatsoever until I reach each acts final boss, then it all fall apart. Diablo himself was a pain in the ass. His fire circle attack basically offed most of my skeletons in one hit before they could even reach him... Only got to him when I managed to make the portal close enough to him so he would not make this attack but immediately go into melee.

He dropped some legendary gear though so I guess it was worth it. Now up to Baal.
Use decrepify on bosses, it will greatly slow down their attack speed, also keep a golem up as they will be targeted by the boss first. Diablo is a bit tricky as you have to quickly get the golem and decrep up before he does the wave attack but its doable without losing your skeletons.

drotahorror

I am doing the exact same build as him and this was in my head a little bit too. Just merc'd Diablo like any other enemy. Glad it jumps up. I do feel like back in the day I played barb and it was a bit more fun having a more gradual gear progression.

normal and nightmare are easy for sorceress with minimal gear. Wait til Hell.

As for your barbarian point, I'm having an absolutely terrible time with my Barb in Hell. I cannot recommend barb at all.

Kacho

Gold Member

Yeah the balancing is really out of wack sometimes and because of this Summon sucks for leveling. For normal bosses the best strategy is an exploit where you summon a Clay Golem and cast Iron Maiden on the boss. It’s not very fun though. In higher levels, Revive summons for bosses is the go to. Reviving those big Ogre dudes with clubs in the Act 2 palace are good because they have crushing blow. Having to go out of your way each run to get them is a pain the ass.

Better to go with Bone Spear for leveling and stack +Bone Spear skill to murk everything.

i never played pally in my OG time with the game and am running a hammerdin for my first playthrough now, SP offline, and one of the biggest faults I've noticed is that the build doesnt seem very viable for dealing damage in tight spaces, nor up close/accurately... just gotta kite the boss through an array of hammers. its really a one trick pony, i feel like he doesnt have a secondary way to attack, maybe its because im lacking a decent melee weapon. I'm going to stick with it for now, though it seems kinda boring way to play for me.

anyways, back to being addicted....

Denton

Are you using a merc? Pretty sure my merc in normal could have killed Baal by itself in less than 19 minutes.
I was using Amplisa, the first rogue archer you get for free. She dies quickly at bosses so I don't bother reviving.
I tried merc from act 2 with cold aura but he always died almost immediately so fuck it, I went back to archer.

Last edited:

iHaunter

Depends on what your opinion of viable is. IMHO Hammerdin is not viable without Hoto + Engima. Why I made a fire sorc first. MF for Hammerding.

Depends on what your opinion of viable is. IMHO Hammerdin is not viable without Hoto + Engima. Why I made a fire sorc first. MF for Hammerding.
Hammerdin is fine if you’re okay without using teleport.

My hammerdin in the past has great dps and survivability with basically low crap gear.

if you’re okay with no teleport or having to use teleport charges it’s fine

teleport charges are fine given how easy it is to get gold. Takes me about 1-2 days of mf to fill all my shared stash (7.5 million)

Last edited:

DavidGzz

i never played pally in my OG time with the game and am running a hammerdin for my first playthrough now, SP offline, and one of the biggest faults I've noticed is that the build doesnt seem very viable for dealing damage in tight spaces, nor up close/accurately... just gotta kite the boss through an array of hammers. its really a one trick pony, i feel like he doesnt have a secondary way to attack, maybe its because im lacking a decent melee weapon. I'm going to stick with it for now, though it seems kinda boring way to play for me.

anyways, back to being addicted....

I'm running one and noticed that I can hit the enemies easily if I am under them on screen as opposed to above them or to their left or right. It's odd but I also feel like it's easier with a controller since it allows me to hug them better than using a mouse cause if I click on a monster I begin attacking too soon.

Top Bottom