• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

He has guarenteed town portal scroll drops. No, no one knows why. But it does mean that he is far less reliable for item farming and as such no one does Duriel runs.
I mean it's pretty obvious why. I don't think Tyrael is there anymore to give you a portal once you finished the quest. Of course they could have just left a freaking portal down there behind the wall for once he dies and let him have an actual boss loot table, but this was an idea 21 years in the making so who can blame them.
/s

About Duriel...I always wondered if there's any NPC that mentions Duriel in his dialog. They talk a lot about Andariel, Mephisto, Diablo and Baal, but is there anyone that says something about Duriel?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Glad to see that everyone's done with their sorcs! Look at this new happy family :D
GMqqOPw.png

Reactions: MrS

Vagswarm

About Duriel...I always wondered if there's any NPC that mentions Duriel in his dialog. They talk a lot about Andariel, Mephisto, Diablo and Baal, but is there anyone that says something about Duriel?
Maybe in brief as they're talking about the lesser evils. I don't think we're expected to fight him, it's a surprise in place of Baal.

doing alot of magic find atm.

IF there are any barbs out there that play on PlayStation eu servers, not sure if that matters, in case they are global.

I have an immortal kings maul, his headpiece, his boots and gloves, they are yours for free, as long as you plan to use them and not trade them away

Give me a message if you are intrested.
I'm almost tempted to buy the game on PlayStation so I can get these off of you Fishy. The game is cross save even if it isn't cross play like Destiny used to be right?

sircaw

Banned
I'm almost tempted to buy the game on PlayStation so I can get these off of you Fishy. The game is cross save even if it isn't cross play like Destiny used to be right?
i think so but i am not 100% sure, perhaps someone else here can vouch for it, i don't play at all on PC so never really bothered with reading up about it all.

But yer if you do even up getting it on ps4/5 whatever, give me a shout, there yours.

ah ok the guy kindly answered above. :messenger_heart:

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
i think so but i am not 100% sure, perhaps someone else here can vouch for it, i don't play at all on PC so never really bothered with reading up about it all.

But yer if you do even up getting it on ps4/5 whatever, give me a shout, there yours.

Spukc Spukc seems to have all the details. I basically quoted him.

Malakhov

Banned
For useless charms, you can reroll them using 3 perfect gems or skulls of any type. Obviously whether this is worth it depends on how many gems you are swimming in. Also the item level stays the same so a low level charm can only have low level stats.
I forgot about this thanks, I'll collect more gems I was leaving them on the ground besides topaz

Cool. I'm downloading it now. When will you be around? If you are looking for any items I might have some stuff too.

sircaw

Banned
Cool. I'm downloading it now. When will you be around? If you are looking for any items I might have some stuff too.
na i am all good, thx, i will be on in a couple of hours, user name is the same as this one, will make a game and drop it off 👍

if i do find the chest piece i will let you know, its either extremely rare or i have just had bad luck finding it.

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
na i am all good, thx, i will be on in a couple of hours, user name is the same as this one, will make a game and drop it off 👍

if i do find the chest piece i will let you know, its either extremely rare or i have just had bad luck finding it.
Ik chest is rarest piece

Vagswarm

The Barbarian I made should be on the path to tearing up Normal with no issue. Kind of wish I went with a hardcore character at this point, lol... I haven't even equipped two-handed weapons yet!

Last edited:
Damn I hit a cock block wall for the first time. I came to hell, on my way to the Sanctuary for Diablo and half way through, the gang demolished me. I went in for the second time, it seemed like the enemies were even more difficult and way more that the first time lol. My gear (stealth,malice, nadir) kept me chugging along well for the 4 acts. Its not that I have terrible resistance but I think I just need to upgrade my gear with higher attack power, higher defense etc. In normal I cant really find anything past Stealth or Malice for weapons. So what you guys suggest?

I did a few runs of Memphisto, at least there I can get some cash and XP but it would take ages to upgrade. Im lvl 27 Barb and 16 points already in Axe mastery but yeah....regular hell was a breeze. Chaos Sanctuary area is a different story because of those stupid magicians that spam some projectiles which drain health in seconds.

Last edited:

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Damn, nice. What kind of character are you playing as? Was all of nightmare that easy?
Werebear Druid with summon grizzly. Haven't really used any guides, haven't farmed, just playing naturally and making use of whatever drops, playing how I want to play. Nightmare wasn't a cakewalk but the bosses definitely were, smoked every single one with little trouble, unique flail that slows down their speed by 50% helped a ton.

Con-Z-epT

What is the best place to find a shield with four sockets?

I'm on nightmare and would like to make myself a spirit shield.

Vagswarm

Werebear Druid with summon grizzly. Haven't really used any guides, haven't farmed, just playing naturally and making use of whatever drops, playing how I want to play. Nightmare wasn't a cakewalk but the bosses definitely were, smoked every single one with little trouble, unique flail that slows down their speed by 50% helped a ton.
Right on. That's the best way to do it. Otherwise it feels like you might as well be cheating. That's how it was with the 2nd character I made, after royally messing up the first one, lol. Once you get the hang of it, it's not that difficult to realize what skills will work best with what. I pretty much play the exact same way.

Can't wait to try out Nightmare. Normal is starting to getting boring, having ran through it with 3 characters already. Surprised to hear you took down the bosses faster than regular mobs though.

DavidGzz

Respec'd to a tesladin on my second paladin and was having a blast before the wife told me to get off and pack for vacation. Feels badman. Oh well, should be fun. MS needs to allow us to play our owned games via the cloud. That would be epic.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Respec'd to a tesladin on my second paladin and was having a blast before the wife told me to get off and pack for vacation. Feels badman. Oh well, should be fun. MS needs to allow us to play our owned games via the cloud. That would be epic.
This is possible isnt it...? You can stream from your own box but not from their servers.

Con-Z-epT

The hard life as a grown man. I feel your pain!

Kacho

Gold Member
Can't believe how addicting this game (still) is. Once I get in the zone, it's damn near impossible to stop. And it's basically repeating the same actions over and over. That old Blizzard was something else.
Yeah I’m hooked as well. Even though I played the game on and off over the past 20 years, this remaster feels so fresh. Probably because I can play with a controller. That totally transforms the gameplay IMO. The shiny new graphics don’t hurt either.

Rediscovered an old QoL-feature that's especially useful on console.
Once you've sold everything worthwhile from your inventory and want to continue with the Horadric Cube's content just press square (PS) to drop it:

HoradricCube.gif

When you're done just pick it up again.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Hell mode is no joke, I've already spent close to 500k in Merc revives, good thing I had close to 2 million saved 😂. To help with this I recommend having one of your potion tabs filled with Full Rejuvenation potions, when their health hits *yellow* pop it. Not always easy to pay attention in the heat of battle though.

Off to face the Countess. Bloodraven took me 20 minutes, army of zombies I couldn't kill fast enough before she spawned more, she's constantly jumping around, fun times!

Inviusx

Ok I've reach Hell on my first toon after 30 hours, taking it slow and steady. Necro chads rise up.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Finally reached Nightmare with my Paladin, now turned into a Zealot thanks to the respec you are granted after the first quest.

I've managed to get here without hiring any mercs and letting the first one die. Let's see how long can I go on my own.

Not Duriel in particular, but during Act II some NPC tells you that other lesser demons like Andariel might be helping Diablo on his quest. I think it's intended so you don't expect Duriel and he scares the fuck out of you with it's "looking for Baal?".

Last edited:

Duellist

Welp, went to log on on ps5 after a stupid 7 gig update and now my character is lost. Not showing up on log in screen. Good job Blizzard you turds

Top Bottom