• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

Inviusx

Arachnid Mesh off Hell Mephisto, spent hours running today and finally got something worth while.

mFz3N8s.jpg
Grats, need to get that for my necro asap.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
qI4NH7H.jpg

i don't trust this guy 🕵️‍♂️

wow the servers are down again..
I made it from start act 3 to start act5
Decided to log out.

Poof all progress gone fuck this game 😂😂

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
So yesterday I moved all my runes to the 4th shared stash. No I log on and everything is gone. Is this a friggin joke? Just breezed through Blizz forums and it seems to be quite common actually. What a colossal fuck up is this?

Dropped for me off Hell Meph too on Sunday. Whats this worth currently approx? I'm just using a blizz sorc atm like everyone else, so its not particularly useful to me right now compared to something like Shako or War Travs.
also I have a cold sorc and prefer occy over everything else. It has mf, gonna socket mine and throw an ist in it for even more mf.

I mean deaths fathom would be nice but I’m already doing so much dmg I prefer the mf

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
So yesterday I moved all my runes to the 4th shared stash. No I log on and everything is gone. Is this a friggin joke? Just breezed through Blizz forums and it seems to be quite common actually. What a colossal fuck up is this?
Yes, no matter which shared stash you use they are all unsafe for now. Can go without loss for hours maybe days but eventually you lose what is inside.

TheDude108

also I have a cold sorc and prefer occy over everything else. It has mf, gonna socket mine and throw an ist in it for even more mf.

I mean deaths fathom would be nice but I’m already doing so much dmg I prefer the mf
It’s certainly a tricky one. I’ve got spirit of course for that weapon, Im currently using Lore for helm, so Shako would be a nice upgrade. I’ve got some random rare boots with 20 mf, so better than nothing.

lots of people wanted to trade Shako for Arachs, but as you say it’s not quite worth both Shako and Travs. What else do you think you could get in addition to Shako? Perhaps an Um? I’m probably just being greedy haha.

It’s certainly a tricky one. I’ve got spirit of course for that weapon, Im currently using Lore for helm, so Shako would be a nice upgrade. I’ve got some random rare boots with 20 mf, so better than nothing.

lots of people wanted to trade Shako for Arachs, but as you say it’s not quite worth both Shako and Travs. What else do you think you could get in addition to Shako? Perhaps an Um? I’m probably just being greedy haha.
I’d ask for a shako and mal

you should be able to get shako and um if you want

shako with socket would be preferable too, since it would save you a socket quest

I got a perfect topaz in mine

TheDude108

You can always ask for both shako and war travs

someone might want arach bad or might have extra pair of war travs
Should say it’s a 117 arachs which is decent enough. Yea the economy is so weird atm that someone could be willing to part with both. Would take a mid-low Travs as well.

need to focus on leveling a bit as well, stalled myself on 78 for some reason, really need to push into 80.

Vagswarm

Nightmare mode is pretty fun. My so-called heroic ass finally made it there. lol. Feels more like a tactical survival game instead of just rushing into everything with no risk of death. It's getting harder to keep the merc alive though, especially with some of the stronger elites. Leveling up isn't quite as fast either. My Frenzy Barbarian with sword specialization, life / mana steal, and the weaken battle cry was tearing up Normal, but not so much in Nightmare. I like how the potion drops are more frequent. And the items are a lot better.

Still playing with /players 8 enabled.

Lanrutcon

The controller targeting is weird. Blizzard doesn't seem to hit enemies sometimes. I've cast it on enemies standing still and their health bars don't tick. Then I switch to classic view and it works. I think there's definitely an issue there. Also, controller targeting sucks ass. It's ok when playing casually but for pushing content? God no.

The controller targeting is weird. Blizzard doesn't seem to hit enemies sometimes. I've cast it on enemies standing still and their health bars don't tick. Then I switch to classic view and it works. I think there's definitely an issue there. Also, controller targeting sucks ass. It's ok when playing casually but for pushing content? God no.
It works fine for me? I’m a blizz sorc and haven’t had issues. You sorta get down how to aim. I aim it on the mob closest to me so the rest walk into it. Idk if that makes sense but I haven’t had serious issues

Lanrutcon

It works fine for me? I’m a blizz sorc and haven’t had issues. You sorta get down how to aim. I aim it on the mob closest to me so the rest walk into it. Idk if that makes sense but I haven’t had serious issues

So that's a separate issue for me: it auto targets the mobs far away. If there are two mobs in a straight line ahead of me, one near and one far, the far one is auto targeted. That's fine for Whirlwind. That's crap for Firewall. The targeting should either be configurable per skill, or a few options made available in the options screen. The auto targeting also has a limited range, which is far lower than spells actual range. This is pretty easy to demonstrate with a Meph kill. If you place him on the edge of your screen your targeting doesn't pick him up, even though your Fireballs can easily still hit him.

Then there's Corpse Explosion which literally targets the closest corpse regarding of facing or targeting, making the skill a complete crapshoot.

Like I said, none of this matters on NM Meph run #837,383...but endgame? My Necro might as well be drunk most of the time.

Braag

Been doing Hell River of flame-Chaos sanctuary-Diablo runs for a few days now, totaling to 40 runs at least and best I got were Immortal King boots and a Mal rune.
Felt kinda bummed after yesterday for wasting so much time so started to lv up a new character instead.

TTOOLL

Finally caved in and bought it. Played a bit on Monday and yesterday. I loved the beta so I love this now too, it’s incredible to see the work they have done with the graphics, it’s pretty much perfect.

I never play online so I haven’t had any server problems so far. I’m doing a Frenzy Barb but my objective is to finish the game with every class than starting farming for real. It’s gonna take a while…

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Don't know if this is a new bug but my Act 2 Merc from Nightmare that has Holy Freeze when taken into Hell loses Holy Freeze, it turns into Defiance. Is it now impossible to use Nightmare Mercs and their unique abilities on other difficulties? Strange. Still on Act 2 Hell, upgraded my Nightsmoke belt, all my resistances at 75%, still completely hooked.

Spukc

Blizzard game me a refund for 1 pc copy

I told em i can't support them with 4 copies and i would like to have a refund for my pc diablo ultimate collection.
Went really easy got my money back.

So now i am left with 2 switch copies.. And 1 on pc.

Reactions: MrS
I’m tempted to switch out my occy for a death’s fathom but I’m struggling to see the point

I have 32 blizzard with all synergies maxed and 27 cold mastery

I can’t imagine killing stuff faster than I am already

not sure why or if I should be looking to get a nightwing and fathom

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
I’m tempted to switch out my occy for a death’s fathom but I’m struggling to see the point

I have 32 blizzard with all synergies maxed and 27 cold mastery

I can’t imagine killing stuff faster than I am already

not sure why or if I should be looking to get a nightwing and fathom
i was thinking about it too but im also at a point i dont care for kill speed. I run pretty much only +mf gear and i kill fast enough

27thmounti

Neo Member
Hell is hard even with my Occy & Spirit. Should be better when I have the gear for the Merc.

Man, the loot grind is the best ever and doesn't get old. D2R is a no contest GOTY 2021 for me. The only game I've pre-ordered since Starcraft 2. Really tempted to double dip on the Switch for cross progression. Kind of concerned about the 30fps cap though. I'm playing 144fps with controller and it's excellent. Anyone on Switch have any issues with the difference in performance or long loading times?

Warablo

How many crashes you guys getting? I think I'm closing in on 50 if not more. Thankfully I dont think I was in middle of a good drop or anything. Certainly makes me not want to farm keys and uber if crashes are so prevalent.

How many crashes you guys getting? I think I'm closing in on 50 if not more. Thankfully I dont think I was in middle of a good drop or anything. Certainly makes me not want to farm keys and uber if crashes are so prevalent.
Depends on what I’m doing

meph/pindle runs it seems like I crash 1/4games, so countless crashes

AT runs maybe 1/8 games

patch didn’t do shit

Vagswarm

What a huge difference better equipment makes... Doing a lot better in Nightmare now that I've upgraded the weapons (been using two swords with a Barbarian) from rare to exceptional rare. The mobs don't have nearly as much time to get damage in, although the elite mobs still cause problems. Especially with damn near everything having mana burn and taking away my Frenzy. Switching from Frenzy to Double Swing (while the speed of Frenzy is still active) has become quite effective. Need to get some decent life & mana steal equipment again.

But on upgrading equipment: it's a good thing I picked up and upgraded all those small gems from Normal using the 3x technique (3 chipped gems of same type = 1 flawed gem of that type... 3 flawed gems = 1 normal... all the way up to perfect quality), and saved those runes like someone on here suggested before. By transmuting 1 Ort Rune, 1 Amn Rune, a Perfect Sapphire, and the rare weapon I wanted to upgrade together, I was able to get exceptional rare weapons.

From this guide I'm looking at, you can upgrade all the way from rare to elite rare, and same goes for unique to elite unique. I imagine the required runes become harder to come by for those higher tiers though. So far I've only done two weapons up to exceptional rare and it's made a big difference early on.

Upgrade guides:

Hell is hard even with my Occy & Spirit. Should be better when I have the gear for the Merc.

Man, the loot grind is the best ever and doesn't get old. D2R is a no contest GOTY 2021 for me. The only game I've pre-ordered since Starcraft 2. Really tempted to double dip on the Switch for cross progression. Kind of concerned about the 30fps cap though. I'm playing 144fps with controller and it's excellent. Anyone on Switch have any issues with the difference in performance or long loading times?
You can always glitch your merc until you get better gear. Makes him basically impossible to kill.

I run treachery in an eth armor and Andys on my merc so I don’t really need to worry about him dying, but I don’t think I’ve ever had a glitched merc die

Last edited:

Spukc

Nope switch is fine about to finish normal with a sorc

Top Bottom