• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
If you're on singleplayer (Nightmare or Hell) and want to refresh the map for whatever reason, you can do so by going back to Normal difficulty then Nightmare or Hell again. I just went back to Normal to get some chipped gems and all of the areas were refreshed. Same for when I went back to Nightmare after.

Although it's right on the help menu, using shift + 1-4 uses up the potion on your merc automatically. Instead of having to drag and drop it over their menu on the top left corner.
Wait, all this time you were healing the Merc via the menu?? On PS5 it's hold L2 and press whatever directional button with potion you want to give, absolutely essential for Merc survival, I can see a lot of people having their Mercs die quick if they aren't aware of the shortcut, good you posted for people who might not know.

And yea, you can reset the maps by doing that. Biggest utility is resetting the *enemies* though. Since both the map layout and enemies are randomized it resets both, if certain enemy types are giving you trouble try a map reset and they might not even appear in the reset map. It was weird when I was playing through Nightmare because there were so many situations where I said "wait, I've never seen *this* enemy type before!" on my Normal playthrough, that's the reason, was pleasantly surprised by all the new stuff lol.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I'm running NM cows for speed and then hunting gem shrines to upgrade what I find, but so few topazes of any quality.
I'm experiencing the same. Had an even amount of all gems on normal but in nightmare the overall amount of topaz in any quality is significantly lower.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Well, I can't start the game without updating, guess I have no choice, first game that's ever done this (in my experience), usually you can play a game without updating, message will simply pop up that some online features will be disabled.

Vagswarm

Wow, Duriel was surprisingly easier on Nightmare than he was on Normal. It just took forever to take him down because of his insane pool of HP. There were elites that were more difficult and had stronger freeze aura's. And here I was waiting in fear that I'd get destroyed. Didn't even take the loser merc along cause he'd just die in 5 seconds.

Vagswarm

Wait, all this time you were healing the Merc via the menu?? On PS5 it's hold L2 and press whatever directional button with potion you want to give, absolutely essential for Merc survival, I can see a lot of people having their Mercs die quick if they aren't aware of the shortcut, good you posted for people who might not know.
Indeed I have. That's what I get for not looking at the help menu, which is literally just one screen. Half of the time I'd just let the merc die if it was under 50% health and seemed to be dropping, 'cause I wouldn't be able to drag the potion in time. Lmao.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Wow, Duriel was surprisingly easier on Nightmare than he was on Normal. It just took forever to take him down because of his insane pool of HP. There were elites that were more difficult and had stronger freeze aura's. And here I was waiting in fear that I'd get destroyed. Didn't even take the loser merc along cause he'd just die in 5 seconds.
Duriel is the hardest boss. After that he is piss easy

Yeah, I know about the cubing. I'm having shit luck with flawless/perfects. I'm running NM cows for speed and then hunting gem shrines to upgrade what I find, but so few topazes of any quality. My online necro was swimming in the things. Lord.
I’ve stopped picking up gems. Feels like 2-3 flawless drop each AT run. Idk if it’s just me but they drop like crazy there.

Con-Z-epT

That must be due to the new blackscreen feature of the latest update.
You have to disable network now before starting offline or there will be rollbacks.
Is it enough to unplug the ethernet or disable the wifi the first time i start the game after the update?

Can i enable everything again afterwards? Do i have to do it every time until a new update comes out?

why can't I add more points into Orb?
GkVSbmn.jpg

Is it enough to unplug the ethernet or disable the wifi the first time i start the game after the update?

Can i enable everything again afterwards? Do i have to do it every time until a new update comes out?
You have to do it every time you start the game. But once you're in you can enable network again.

Btw., you don't have to pull the plug. You can just go into system settings -> Network -> Settings -> disable "Connect to the Internet" (and later enable it again).

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

You have to do it every time you start the game. But once you're in you can enable network again.

Btw., you don't have to pull the plug. You can just go into system settings -> Network -> Settings -> disable "Connect to the Internet" (and later enable it again).
Tedious.

I could leave it off while playing or would that make a difference?

Braag

Feels weird throwing away some good loot which I have duplicates of cause I'm not doing any trading. I got like 3 Tal's death masks and 2 IK boots and bunch of other uniques I don't have space for.

Con-Z-epT

Feels weird throwing away some good loot which I have duplicates of cause I'm not doing any trading. I got like 3 Tal's death masks and 2 IK boots and bunch of other uniques I don't have space for.
You could make new characters and give it to them.

Con-Z-epT

so 20 base points is the max? this video looks like he can put a lot more than 20

20 base points should be the max for regular leveling.

He goes through his gear pretty quickly and i had to pause the video, to see some of it, but you can see that he has something like +6 and more to all skills through his gear. I think together with charms you can easily get about 10 to 20 plus for all skills. I'm not sure how far you can go. Maybe some veterans in here know more.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

I'm out of space for gems and shit. What's the best use for them as in not socketing them with the gear I got. Just started hell
You should upgrade the gems through the cube to a perfect status and then you can reroll grand charms in the cube by putting the grand charm and 3 perfect gems into it. Charms that you obtain from Baal, Diablo or Nihlathak in the hell difficulty can reach even higher stats from a reroll. I like this recipe a lot since i'm mostly not satisfied with my charm stats.

There are a lot of really cool cube recipes that involve gems, skulls and runes. If you don't know what to do with them then that is your way to go.

man. been playing SP offline. just had my first random crash after installing the latest update.

that said, its the second time i've have items in my stash duplicated...so glorious. the first time only 1 item was dupped, this time like 20 items....
Showtime Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

Vagswarm

You really never know what you're going to get in this game. Been getting trash runes every time I played, then just now a Pul rune dropped in Act III Nightmare, 5 minutes after I started playing. That's one of the two runes needed to upgrade from exceptional unique to an elite unique weapon. Or to an elite rare piece of armor.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
So I got this Maul somewhere in Act 2 Hell, problem was my strength at the time was 165 and this required 225 to wield and I already used up all my respecs. Thing is it has two sockets so this got my wheels turning. If I put a single Hel rune into it the requirements will drop to 180 strength, just need to level up 3x and put all the points into strength to hit 180... it's been many hours, I'm level 81 now, once you hit these higher levels the climb to the next level is a grueling one.

About an hour ago I finally hit that 180 and equipped this beauty. This weapon - especially for my Werebear build - is absolutely glorious. I put a Shael rune into the remaining socket to hit another IAS breakpoint and wow, I'm tearing through the hordes of Hell like I've got a grudge against them. I can still *die* very easily (Hell on Hell is no joke, even with added HP and DEF that comes with playing as a Werebear) but my killing efficiency now matches it.

Love the flexibility of this game with socketing/runes and the way pieces of gear from different sets or otherwise can still complement and synergize with eachother. Won't hold my breath to find the rest of this set but apparently each piece adds another DMG type to the mix turning what is already a god-tier weapon into whatever tier comes after that lol.
yEOkdyy.jpg

Vagswarm

So I got this Maul somewhere in Act 2 Hell, problem was my strength at the time was 165 and this required 225 to wield and I already used up all my respecs. Thing is it has two sockets so this got my wheels turning. If I put a single Hel rune into it the requirements will drop to 180 strength, just need to level up 3x and put all the points into strength to hit 180... it's been many hours, I'm level 81 now, once you hit these higher levels the climb to the next level is a grueling one.

About an hour ago I finally hit that 180 and equipped this beauty. This weapon - especially for my Werebear build - is absolutely glorious. I put a Shael rune into the remaining socket to hit another IAS breakpoint and wow, I'm tearing through the hordes of Hell like I've got a grudge against them. I can still *die* very easily (Hell on Hell is no joke, even with added HP and DEF that comes with playing as a Werebear) but my killing efficiency now matches it.

Love the flexibility of this game with socketing/runes and the way pieces of gear from different sets or otherwise can still complement and synergize with eachother. Won't hold my breath to find the rest of this set but apparently each piece adds another DMG type to the mix turning what is already a god-tier weapon into whatever tier comes after that lol.
Wow, that's awesome. The Ogre Maul is an elite weapon! And that's no joke about the requirements... they can shoot up pretty quickly. This game has quite the way of making you feel never strong enough and needing something better. lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Vum7i3A.png

I think I like d2 (12h~ average every day for a month now)

imo still rookie numbers compared to 15-year-old-me, but hey, I'm an old man now and i'm proud of being the nerd that i am .. i think?

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Finally found time to play this week and went straight back to hell difficulty because i want to make some progress. The basic damage i deal and take is completely ok. It's the lightning immunities that make my life harder. Depending on how the game rolls the dice for enemy appearance in the game some parts are nearly unplayable because of that whereas other sections can be cleared flawlessly and entirely. It really seems that the hell difficulty was designed for multiplayer. Nonetheless i teleport myself through difficult sections and try to clear as much as i can. I'm pretty close to Andariel now but haven't found a single decent item except a good ring. I desperately need fresh gear!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So today marks the day that I've streamed D2R for 30 days in a row and I got a nice surprise raid from another streamer as a "present" of some sort :3

www.twitch.tv/yoshichan

v5VGj1S.png

It was a fun day!

Last edited:

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Lit Hell Diablo's ass up, thought my game was bugged lol, beat him in 45 seconds and barely took a scratch. This dropped from an elite in Act IV. 2 of my resistances are actually in the red right now, lost a bunch when switching to the Immortal Ogre Maul from both my sword and shield and switched out Vipermagi with this new piece. The 24% DMG reduction (that's from ALL sources) means I'm taking *less* DMG overall though and the +45 to STR fits perfectly into my melee build, I'm dishing out even more pain.

One Act left in Hell, so close, it's been a crazy ride. Don't know if I'll continue with my Druid after that and work towards clearing the pandemonium event + level 99 or jump into a new character. Trophy for beating the game with every character on Hell gives clearcut goals, might even try clearing the game in Hardcore, Hardcore level 99 is probably off the table though lol.

uCdiHFa.jpg

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Sometimes i get a runeword when i put the runes inside my gear and sometimes not. For the same runeword, the same amount of sockets, the right order of insertion. Just different gear. Why is that?

Lanrutcon

Sometimes i get a runeword when i put the runes inside my gear and sometimes not. For the same runeword, the same amount of sockets, the right order of insertion. Just different gear. Why is that?

Check where the sockets came from.

Is it an actual socketed item...or is it an item with a magical affix that gives it sockets. Those are two different things. The first has grey text (yay!) the second has blue text (booo).

Con-Z-epT

Check where the sockets came from.

Is it an actual socketed item...or is it an item with a magical affix that gives it sockets. Those are two different things. The first has grey text (yay!) the second has blue text (booo).
Will check that!

Vagswarm

I wonder if items drop based on your level, or if it's completely random. I'm starting to get some higher level items that I can't even use yet. Just got Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest Death Mask but need to be level 66. I don't have a print screen button (WTF) so I'll just copy / paste the stats quick:

10% Life Stolen Per Hit
10% Mana Stolen Per Hit
All Resistances +15
+45 Defense
+30 To Mana
+60 To Life

Primary defense / armor is 125

Been getting pretty lucky on drops lately... got two unique exceptional swords, one of which I upgraded to elite (with life / mana steal) but won't be able to use for at least 8-12 more levels, lol. I think elite items are for Hell only. Got a couple nice ruins too. A lot of my main equipment hasn't changed in a good while, and it's not very strong against these mobs.

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Lit Hell Diablo's ass up, thought my game was bugged lol, beat him in 45 seconds and barely took a scratch. This dropped from an elite in Act IV. 2 of my resistances are actually in the red right now, lost a bunch when switching to the Immortal Ogre Maul from both my sword and shield and switched out Vipermagi with this new piece. The 24% DMG reduction (that's from ALL sources) means I'm taking *less* DMG overall though and the +45 to STR fits perfectly into my melee build, I'm dishing out even more pain.

One Act left in Hell, so close, it's been a crazy ride. Don't know if I'll continue with my Druid after that and work towards clearing the pandemonium event + level 99 or jump into a new character. Trophy for beating the game with every character on Hell gives clearcut goals, might even try clearing the game in Hardcore, Hardcore level 99 is probably off the table though lol.

uCdiHFa.jpg
Geez... You've been getting some insane drops. Nice find. I need a new piece of armor to replace the Vipermagi as well. Not so great on a Barbarian, but the +23 to all resistances and +1 to all skills is f'n ace.

Con-Z-epT

After beating act 1 on hell i thought that i got the hang of the difficulty and although i predicted a hard act 2 i was sure i can do this.

Man was i naive. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Top Bottom