• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2: Resurrected |OT| Angels and Demons? Sanctuary much.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Is there a database to input your items you come across to see if they are worth keeping? I basically type the name of the thing into reddit or google, if there is no chatter about it I sell.

make extra chars.. use their inv space as stash.. then google lol

Last edited:

Vagswarm

my oculus dropped in act 2 lost city in that cellar.

all my gear that actually matters dropped on rando spots

cathan%2527s%2Bseal%2Bsigil.jpg

HEY YOU WANT SOME MORE GREEN RINGS?
Lmao, I have those same items. The ring I currently have equipped on one finger is better than the Seal, and it's a standard (blue) magic item! The life steal is the same though.

Spukc

Lmao, I have those same items. The ring I currently have equipped on one finger is better than the Seal, and it's a standard (blue) magic item! The life steal is the same though.
i think people that never played diablo 2 still have those green rings xD

Vagswarm

Man, this is some straight BS. I just got (ANOTHER) Blaskbark Bow for the Amazon, aka not the Barbarian. Any sword drops are not better than the ones currently equipped. I must have done something wrong in a previous life.

Currently all I'm doing is replacing worse items in the shared stash with better ones, for classes that I might end up using in the future (but probably won't). Cool item though, lol.

Two-Hand Damage: 5 to (39-52)
Required Level: 28
Required Strength: 50
Required Dexterity: 65

+70-130% Enhanced Damage
+1 To Amazon Skill Levels
3% Mana stolen per hit
+5 to Strength
+2 To Exploding Arrow (Amazon Only)

Vagswarm

I have to be getting trolled... Already got those duplicate high quality items that I can't even use, as mentioned earlier... Decided to do a Mephisto run for the first time, and they give me a cold shrine instead of lightning. Then he drops the Cathan's Seal Ring!! And a bunch of other trash. Then more trash in his chestbox in the middle.

Guess I'll be doing school work instead, if it's going to be like that. 😑

Vagswarm

You can't make this stuff up... I just got the Trang-Oul's Wing from the Lightning-based Tree Elite guarding the Lower Kurast entrance (Storm+suffix), which is actually a really sweet item by the looks of it. According to Diablo Wiki:

This set is designed for the Necromancer, however, any class can equip the items in this set, except for Trang-Oul's Wing. Only the Necromancer can complete this set.

Hahaha... The item is pretty kickass though, considering it's never going to be used. The appeal of playing online and being able to trade is starting to get heavier...

Defense: 175-189 (varies)
Required Level: 54
Required Strength: 50
Chance to Block: 60%
(Necromancer Only)

+125 Defense
+30% Increased Chance Of Blocking
Poison Resist +40%
Fire Resist +38-45%
(varies)
+15 To Dexterity
+25 To Strength
+2 To Poison And Bone Skills (Necromancer Only)

Last edited:
Starting to get the why am I still playing this feelings. I mean the endgame for is me to retire my sorceress in with good ass shit. My mental goal is see how I feel when I finally get a white monarch shield for spirit and a shako. But I need to start a new character or something.

What's a super fun character? Hammerdin? Summoner Necro, some Amazon build or a Barb build?

Braag

Soooo, first Vex drops from Travincal and I'm like "FINALLY" and craft a HoTO. Then during the same run I go to Chaos Sanctuary and 1 minutes in a freaking ZOD drops!
My mind is blown and all but I kinda wanted a Ber rather for Engima lol but this is pretty cool.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Stream is going better and better for every passing day!

www.twitch.tv/yoshichan

Want to join for the fun? ~12h/day 7 days a week :D?

Vrb5SkM.png

Last edited:

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Oh yea, Hell cleared with my Druid, solo offline, no bullshit, feels damn good. Will probably alternate between working towards the Pandemonium event and starting a new class now. I should get back to Far Cry 6 at some point too, bought it day 1 and barely spent any time with it, D2 just won't let me go 😂.

D2 is officially in my top 5 games of all time for hours clocked which is saying a lot, I've been gaming a looooong time and play *a lot* of different games, this one is definitely special. Everything I said about D3 in comparison to D2 early in this thread still stands but what I can definitively say now that I've spent so much time with both games is that - pound for pound - D2 is the superior game (all things being subjective of course). This is especially impressive given that it's a 20 year old game that carries many archaic design choices with it and yet the sum of it's parts is a darkly hypnotic and immersive melange of blood and loot and darkness, I really do love this game.
2kS16rB.jpg

Last edited:

Vagswarm

Finally got a decent armor piece from gambling and upgraded it to exceptional quality. Went from >300 AR to 976. Huge difference, worth dropping a few resistant points and +1 skills. This is definitely an item man's game.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Found a white three socketed death mask and made myself a radiance which is a reasonable upgrade over my previous helmet. Sadly i hit a dead end with the travincal in act 3. There are so many lightning immune enemies everywhere which are always getting involved in the fight against high council that i'm unable to progress. Tried to pick the regular enemies there apart one by one with support of my merc but he is to weak and dies fairly quickly even if i'm careful.

Any suggestions?

Con-Z-epT

Oh yea, Hell cleared with my Druid, solo offline, no bullshit, feels damn good. Will probably alternate between working towards the Pandemonium event and starting a new class now. I should get back to Far Cry 6 at some point too, bought it day 1 and barely spent any time with it, D2 just won't let me go 😂.

D2 is officially in my top 5 games of all time for hours clocked which is saying a lot, I've been gaming a looooong time and play *a lot* of different games, this one is definitely special. Everything I said about D3 in comparison to D2 early in this thread still stands but what I can definitively say now that I've spent so much time with both games is that - pound for pound - D2 is the superior game (all things being subjective of course). This is especially impressive given that it's a 20 year old game that carries many archaic design choices with it and yet the sum of it's parts is a darkly hypnotic and immersive melange of blood and loot and darkness, I really do love this game.
Have you cleared chaos sanctuary or did you went straight for the seals? How was the fight against the ancients? What about Baal's minions before the final fight?

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Have you cleared chaos sanctuary or did you went straight for the seals? How was the fight against the ancients? What about Baal's minions before the final fight?
Completely cleared it, slow and steady. Ancients wasn't too bad, used up whatever rejuvenation potions I had but got through my first attempt. Got lucky with Baal's minions in the sense that none of them had physical immunity. With each new horde I'd retreat back to the entrance of the throne room, slowly cut them down, retreat to restock in town when needed. Summoners were tricky since they stay where they are, had a couple of close calls with that horde. Baal was easy.

Regarding your post about Trav, keep rerolling the map until they aren't lightning immune 👍.

Spukc

Soooo, first Vex drops from Travincal and I'm like "FINALLY" and craft a HoTO. Then during the same run I go to Chaos Sanctuary and 1 minutes in a freaking ZOD drops!
My mind is blown and all but I kinda wanted a Ber rather for Engima lol but this is pretty cool.
Fuck you 🤣

I prefer the defense aura, because anyone else is running Holy freeze or might.

The defense makes me take less hit and him being more tanky
Should've listened to you. That free Defiance aura gives an extreme defense-boost.

Lost my third hardcore zealot at level 58 to a pack of Stygian Dolls in the Durance of Hate this week (lost the first at lvl29 to Hell Lords and the second at lvl23 to Dung Soldiers). That Defiance would've saved me.

From now on I'll stick to the Normal Act 2 defense merc, I think they're the best choice for solo hardcore characters.

Last edited:

Spukc

Should've listened to you. That free Defiance aura gives an extreme defense-boost.

Lost my third hardcore zealot at level 58 to a pack of Stygian Dolls in the Durance of Hate this week (lost the first at lvl29 to Hell Lords and the second at lvl23 to Dung Soldiers). That Defiance would've saved me.

From now on I'll stick to the Normal Act 2 defense merc, I think they're the best choice for solo hardcore characters.
i fucking hate those dolls

Vagswarm

yeah runes feel broken at times
That's insane. I didn't realize they gave that many boosts. Looking at the list on Wowhead, and damn, they really do. Some of those runes aren't even that hard to find later on.

Spukc

That's insane. I didn't realize they gave that many boosts. Looking at the list on Wowhead, and damn, they really do. Some of those runes aren't even that hard to find later on.

yup i basically used runewords from the act 1 normal mode

i am trying to get a vex rune and some other 2 to complete 3 more gear slots

Last edited:
im a blizz sorc. Don't know what to hunt for next.

I got a:
helm: Lore
weapon: occulus
shield: Ancients pledge
boots: some shit don't remember
belt: goldwrap

merc.
has a shit base treachery and insight. stealskul helm.

best runes are:

IST
pul
mal
Ko
Lem

should I socket my oculus?

Last edited:

Yeah if you don't have any other source of % defense increase, those are super good.
I prefer them on any char that isn't Paladin, Barb or for PVP.

Not getting hit is the strongest defensive mechanic.

Last edited:
im a blizz sorc. Don't know what to hunt for next.

I got a:
helm: Lore
weapon: occulus
shield: Ancients pledge
boots: some shit don't remember
belt: goldwrap

merc.
has a shit base treachery and insight. stealskul helm.

best runes are:

IST
pul
mal
Ko
Lem

should I socket my oculus?
Occulus with ist is very solid. I’m level 93 and only just switched to death fathom, and that’s just personal preference. I recommend putting the ist in your occy

I would get yourself a monarch spirit shield. Respec for strength if necessary.

Last edited:
Occulus with ist is very solid. I’m level 93 and only just switched to death fathom, and that’s just personal preference. I recommend putting the ist in your occy

I would get yourself a monarch spirit shield. Respec for strength if necessary.
That monarch is really evading me. Might have to trade for it.

Vagswarm

Finally got a nice sword for the Barbarian! And it was / is a standard unique with some great stats. Gonna be even more awesome once I upgrade it to elite and am able to use it in 3 years. I'm coming for you Baal!

Con-Z-epT

I still can't get through travincal. The whole area feels overwhelming. I gained some levels and found better equipment but do to the lightning immune Zealots and the other strong enemies, progression stopped here.

Vagswarm

I'm having a lot of fun on PS5. No crashes as of now while playing offline but there are still queues online and bugs in single player.
It's been the same on the PC. I just hit escape as soon as the queue nonsense pops up (as it instructs you to, if you want to play singleplayer) and start jammin'. The game itself is pretty great overall. A lot of times I just want to kill stuff and not worry about constantly switching equipment and looking at all these runewords and so on. I'm old and lazy. Even if I'm getting my ass kicked (which happens all the time regardless), I prefer just swinging away for hours while listening to some tunes. It's amazing how addicting the core gameplay really is.

The biggest problem I have with the game is that it is literally the exact same thing -- even down to the garbage interface controls. Clicking through all the menu's and inventories is still a nightmare, which is completely unnecessary. They didn't add any quality of life changes in that regard. And the same bugs exist as well. The Zealots in Act III for example keep running away even when their healer companions are standing right there! And the pathfinding for mercs is trash. Hell even the code use for online play is the same, which according to their own confession is why online is such a disastrous mess at the moment.

Last edited:
A good way to figure out your next build is to play online cow runs. There is lightning Javason that was MELTING hell cows. I though my blizzard sorc clear speed was fast.

Vagswarm

Just got the Spire of Lazarus which is really cool from a lore standpoint. Him and King Leoric were pretty important figures in the original Diablo, as they were both corrupted. Even better is that I got it in Diablo's lair, from the incredibly fast demon elite on the bottom section. Way too cool. It's even lightning based! It's a gnarled staff which is one of the older, mummy-looking looking ones. Only the original Diablo makes me geek out, haha.

The stats aren't bad either, especially for having a level requirement of only 18:

Two-Hand Damage: 4 To 12
Required Level: 18
Durability: 35
Staff class - Slow Attack Speed

+1 To Sorceress Skill Levels
Adds 1-28 Lightning Damage
+1 To Chain Lightning (Sorceress Only)
+2 To Lightning (Sorceress Only)
+3 To Static Field (Sorceress Only)
+15 To Energy
Regenerate Mana 43%
Lightning Resist +75%