• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2 Resurrected Technical Alpha has been cracked

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
It appears that the build has been cracked and is playable in offline mode

diablo-II-resurrected-pc-specs.jpg

What this means is that some gamers can see for themselves what Diablo 2 Resurrected is all about. Since we don’t know if Blizzard will release a public demo for it, this is the only way via which you can test the game.

Blizzard launched this limited Technical Alpha test to get the right amount of gameplay feedback and client performance data. Thus, this alpha build does not represent the quality of the final version.
Diablo 2 Resurrected will be running under Blizzard’s new 3D graphics engine. Additionally, its gameplay will be identical to the original version. Furthermore, Diablo 2 Resurrected will allow players to switch between the new and the classic graphics.

Now we won’t obviously share any links to the cracked version. All we can say is that you must download Battle.Net-Installer in order to install the alpha.
Then, you’ll need a file that bypasses the game’s Internet requirement, and lets you play in offline mode.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Given the game is out this year, isn't it pretty late to be in alpha by now?

Also, have fun playing the game now to get wiped when the full game launches and you're burned out on it.

Faithless83

Banned
It appears that the build has been cracked and is playable in offline mode

diablo-II-resurrected-pc-specs.jpg

What this means is that some gamers can see for themselves what Diablo 2 Resurrected is all about. Since we don’t know if Blizzard will release a public demo for it, this is the only way via which you can test the game.

Blizzard launched this limited Technical Alpha test to get the right amount of gameplay feedback and client performance data. Thus, this alpha build does not represent the quality of the final version.
Diablo 2 Resurrected will be running under Blizzard’s new 3D graphics engine. Additionally, its gameplay will be identical to the original version. Furthermore, Diablo 2 Resurrected will allow players to switch between the new and the classic graphics.

Now we won’t obviously share any links to the cracked version. All we can say is that you must download Battle.Net-Installer in order to install the alpha.
Then, you’ll need a file that bypasses the game’s Internet requirement, and lets you play in offline mode.

Thank you for the news. I wasn't invited to the beta.

HOLY SHIT you can play the other classes in the offline patch.

cRWvV9z.jpg

Last edited:

Tg89

Also, have fun playing the game now to get wiped when the full game launches and you're burned out on it.
I mean, it's only the first two acts of the first difficulty...

these days alpha + beta don't mean the same as they used to.

this is a remaster of a game from 2000. so it's impossible to have an alpha in the true sense. if it was a remake then sure maybe but it's not. if anything this should have been some kind of beta test.

this is alpha in the sense that Blizzard probably wanted feedback on how the UI looks or some small QoL changes that wouldn't seriously risk the gameplay. it's not to test what gameplay features/mechanics etc are put into the game.

Last edited:

Hari Seldon

Yeah I just read about it. You have to use a command line battle net tool to pull the file off the server, bypassing the battle net GUI. They can obviously detect who is doing this and ban you at this point. The only people who would be safe to do this are the people who actually got into the alpha and already have it installed, and can then apply this patch to continue playing.

Edit: I suppose you could make a burner battle.net account and only log in with a VPN. Just make sure you use a burner email to set this up. This is all too much work for me just to play the alpha of a game that I have preordered.

Last edited:
Yeah I just read about it. You have to use a command line battle net tool to pull the file off the server, bypassing the battle net GUI. They can obviously detect who is doing this and ban you at this point. The only people who would be safe to do this are the people who actually got into the alpha and already have it installed, and can then apply this patch to continue playing.

Edit: I suppose you could make a burner battle.net account and only log in with a VPN. Just make sure you use a burner email to set this up. This is all too much work for me just to play the alpha of a game that I have preordered.
Yea, no thanks. =/

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
I don't understand this. essentially it's a "we did this because we can" thing. I mean, it's coming out this year, and whatever progress is made will be wiped or what have you, surely.

I feel like if there are people that have never gotten into D2 but want to get their jollies off, just play the OG until it's released, lmao.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Of course not, especially with the way modern gaming has been. ESPECIALLY with Actiblizz. But hey, that's what's been said thus far at least. So nothing wrong with rolling with that until told otherwise.

It's Blizzard, though...

I mean, I'm not saying anyone should download this, I don't really care, but they are one of the least trustworthy developers out there in regards to sticking with announced release windows.

MiguelItUp

Gold Member
It's Blizzard, though...

I mean, I'm not saying anyone should download this, I don't really care, but they are one of the least trustworthy developers out there in regards to sticking with announced release windows.
Oh totally, I just also think all their previous missteps have gotten worse ever since the merge with Activision.

I'm not super hyped about it, but I'll definitely pick it up when it's ready. I guess that's another reason why I have no problem saying, "Hey, yeah, 2021", haha. But for those that are super excited, they should definitely take that window with a grain of salt so they're not disappointed if (and when, lol) it's delayed.

Top Bottom