• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 2 should be refunded and blizzard needs accountability for lying

SJRB

Gold Member
Counting queue time as play time so people who spend forever in queue can't get a refund is

512x512bb.jpg

Reallink

In typical Gamer fashion it sounds like Blizzard is Suffering From Success after all the totally real ire and successful boycotts.

5rki0t.jpg

Godbless.

-Cole Cassidy.

Last edited:

treemk

Banned
In typical Gamer fashion it sounds like Blizzard is Suffering From Success after all the totally real ire and successful boycotts.

5rki0t.jpg

Godbless.

-Cole Cassidy.

I dont this so, they did not update the server code which was split into regions for good reason.

DavidGzz

Still wonder how people could even buy this after all those events Blizzard had, including the recently Reforged fiasco.

My original Diablo 2 is still here and I still play either alone or with my brother sometimes. Theres no need for this excuse of game "aways online".

It isn't always online it is the same game just enhanced. The game is way better now with the new visuals, framerate, sound, and cinematics.

Last edited:

iQuasarLV

I wonder how many times people will need to see Blizzard burning idiots to get a goddamn clue.

Last 10 years
Starcraft 2 going episodic
Cash shop for World of Warcraft expanding options more and more taking away from retail game
Warcraft 3 Reforged
Diablo 2 Resurrection

I gave up after Legion back in 2016. Yet, I see people time after time buying this shit because they have nostalgia blinders on, or FOMO kicks in way too hard. If you got to sit there after so many times being scammed and still scream I want a refund, you are just a masochist for mistreatment. Take a moment for some self reflection and ask if it really is worth it to go through this with every game you buy.

treemk

Banned
I wonder how many times people will need to see Blizzard burning idiots to get a goddamn clue.

Last 10 years
Starcraft 2 going episodic
Cash shop for World of Warcraft expanding options more and more taking away from retail game
Warcraft 3 Reforged
Diablo 2 Resurrection

I gave up after Legion back in 2016. Yet, I see people time after time buying this shit because they have nostalgia blinders on, or FOMO kicks in way too hard. If you got to sit there after so many times being scammed and still scream I want a refund, you are just a masochist for mistreatment. Take a moment for some self reflection and ask if it really is worth it to go through this with every game you buy.

All true but diablo 2 is a legit great game that current blizz could not or would not make and their art department is good enough to make a remaster very appealing but turns out their network and db engineering shit the bed

I was surprised to see that the same underlying network code was still being used with this game. I'd complain and demand a refund but I have been thoroughly enjoying the game when I can connect so I am part of the problem and bought the game on three platforms. I hope those issues improve.

MayauMiao

After Warcraft Reforged disaster and recent scandals it boggles my mind why people still pre order Blizzard games.

I bet the same problem up will happen with Diablo IV and maybe even worse of the series given that it is developed by woke Blizzard, not the one we knew years ago.

Please stop pre-order anything from Blizzard.

iQuasarLV

All true but diablo 2 is a legit great game that current blizz could not or would not make and their art department is good enough to make a remaster very appealing but turns out their network and db engineering shit the bed
But it is still part of their company that cheeped out on the net code after spending so much on art assets. That is not a valid defense for the game. At the end of the day, Diablo 2 resurrected is a failed game because it is only partially updated. If you are resurrecting net-code from 20+ years ago and hope for it to work today then you have failed to anticipate what a monumental fuck up that is.

Inviusx

The multiplayer on console is a complete afterthought and legit doesn't even work. Aside from that I'm enjoying it.

Tschumi

10am and in a big queue for a popular new release, this felluh hasn't played many such games methinks...

MiguelItUp

I appreciate the reminder, I preordered the game and hadn't opened it once because I just haven't been in the mood. Read and heard about all of the issues, and was like, "Nah, I'll just refund it." So I did. Thanks! :)

bigedole

I have been playing a ton on PS4 and one thing that is odd is that the only real time I experience a queue is morning in America. Even during the weekday. Never a queue in the evenings for me, and I have been playing at least a couple hours every night since release. Some things about this remaster were definitely not done right, like the lobby/matchmaking system on console as well as the inability to target AOE spells like blizzard/meteor. That said, the game really is amazing and the remaster was done very well by the company who did it. Please don't compare this to the Warcraft debacle, it's not anywhere near being in that boat.

Also, for others playing on a PS4, strongly encourage you to install this to an external SSD. It improves the load times dramatically.

drotahorror

The initial issue was that the servers would work for a while until enough people started mass creating games to farm which would lead to others getting locked out. They introduced the queue to avoid that and the connection issues are are a side effect of that. They’re coding a fix to completely rework how the servers work.

Only Blizzard gives a flying fuck who farms most effeciently.

EVIL DIES TONITE

While I know the issues are real, it has to be said thats for anyone playing ONLINE. I played offline character throughout the whole normal game, had no crashes, no loss of progress, nothing. 50+ hours smooth as butter. So its a 50/50 thing because their game does work but their servers obviously dont if you play online.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Blizzard hasn't been able to do anything right, technically or design wise, in so many years I wonder why people still treat them like great AAA creators. Hell most of their largest projects of the past several years have been reintroducing old products. And they even fuck that up somehow.

I play a lot. Vicarious Visions did an incredible job on this. I don't really give a crap if there is a que here and there, just get a bowl of cereal and by the time I'm done it's playing.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
While I know the issues are real, it has to be said thats for anyone playing ONLINE. I played offline character throughout the whole normal game, had no crashes, no loss of progress, nothing. 50+ hours smooth as butter. So its a 50/50 thing because their game does work but their servers obviously dont if you play online.
Offline isn‘t free of faults either. The stash glitch that makes your hard farmed items disappear is extremly annoying and it‘s a joke that Blizz still hasn‘t fixed it.

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Blizzard gold seal of quality is well and truly dirt. Has been for years.
I’m sorry but when devs sign up to huge publishers this is what happens.
Blizzard are a carcass of what they once were, much like BioWare and all the other incredible devs we’ve lost over the years.

Raphael

Really suprised to hear about the problems you guys have. Me and my mates play on Xbox evry now and then but without any issues whatsoever, havent been in a queue once.

Maybe its more of a pc problem?

Last edited:

Allandor

Really suprised to hear about the problems you guys have. Me and my mates play on Xbox evry now and then but without any issues whatsoever, havent been in a queue once.

The "stricter" queues are not present on xbox so far. But an update for that will come soon ;)
Currently the queue issue is only present on PC & playstation. It is really embarrassing so far. If I got a little bit free time and what to play Diablo 2 (remake ... the original still works) I can't play because I'm in a queue e.g. at place 76 and wait over 30 minutes and I'm still in the queue and my free time is over.

The game worked at the beginning but now it is really awful with those problems. They exchanged a database-bug for a ever-lasting queue-system.
If they don't want to let people create games like crazy, just put a minute time between creation and it should be good, but this waiting queue when logging in is awful. It really seems like blizzard not only lost some creative talent but technical talent, too.

Freeman76

Try logging in on Xbox right now, then get back to us. 300+ queue, been like that for days

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Incredible that this is happening again after the exact same thing happened when D3 launched. Why does Blizzard suck so badly at this? Few other big releases have these issues anymore (actually, I don't if that's the case as I don't really play any big MP titles, that's just my impression).

Funny thing, I reviewed D3 for a Swedish online publication back in the day, and we docked a few points because it wasn't really fully playable.

Last edited:

MikeM

I’ve lost two full acts of progress on my single player Druid.

Series X user here. Went to play for the 30mins of free time I had yesterday morning. Queue of over 100. Shut that shit off.

Tg89

This is getting absurd. One thing I love about Diablo II is that you can make progress whether you got 10 minutes or 9 hours. Got a couple hours to kill on my Sunday morning before I gotta do some work around the house - 426 person queue.

Liljagare

People really need to stop buying into remakes/remasters, as it gives no incentive for game developers to come up with the next big innovative game. It's literarly allready been done and done.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
I anticipated launch issues so went with an offline character. Glad I did. I can see myself being annoyed with the game if I had to experience this.

Tg89

People really need to stop buying into remakes/remasters, as it gives no incentive for game developers to come up with the next big innovative game. It's literarly allready been done and done.

Eh, both can and do coexist just fine. I don't think all games deserve to be remastered/remade but there's an argument for preservation and being able to play Diablo II, one of the goats, in 2021 with some modern bells and whistles. The issues around it are unfortunate but more to do with Blizzard being a shit company then the actual game/work that VV did on it.

Not like Blizzard is gonna be the team making a big (good) innovative game at this point anyway. They have nothing new to give.

Concern

Wait... so this game has a fuckin queue just to get online?

I am so glad I didn't buy this day one lol. Maybe after its all worked out and cheaper I will.

Tg89

I anticipated launch issues so went with an offline character. Glad I did. I can see myself being annoyed with the game if I had to experience this.
I ported my offline characters over from my Plugy so it's nice to have em there. That said, I wish you could play SP while still being in queue, I think that would make quite a difference.

MarkMe2525

Gold Member
I ported my offline characters over from my Plugy so it's nice to have em there. That said, I wish you could play SP while still being in queue, I think that would make quite a difference.
That would make way too much sense.

Top Bottom