• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Series X|S resolution has been updated. Xbox Series X now runs at true 4K resolution and Xbox Series S runs at true 1080p

Salz01

Blizzard games are so weird on console. Overwatch is native 4K on Xbox, but not ps5…. whats up with that…

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Series S should easily be able to do higher than 1080p on this, no ?

Ah well, good to see the issue got fixed at least. Have been thinking about picking this up for SX again but the fact that it may just drop on Game Pass in a few months makes me pause.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
giphy.webp

ManaByte

Gold Member

Ah well, good to see the issue got fixed at least. Have been thinking about picking this up for SX again but the fact that it may just drop on Game Pass in a few months makes me pause.
May? It will. Probably will be on GP along with D2 in the fall.

Kacho

Hell yeah. Ready for season 26 this Friday.

kbear kbear you down?

This has more to do with the Series S not running One X enhancements right? The only way the S would run at a higher res is if they did an optimized patch. At least I assume that's the case.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Hell yeah. Ready for season 26 this Friday.

kbear kbear you down?

This has more to do with the Series S not running One X enhancements right? The only way the S would run at a higher res is if they did an optimized patch. At least I assume that's the case.

Good point, it's probably running the best iteration of the One S version. Would require a bespoke enhancement patch and not just a quick hotfix to fix the resolution bug.

Last edited:

sn0man

This is kinda odd for xsx though. The game ran on x1x at a variable resolution. Wouldn’t the xsx just always have surplus resources even running at 4K? Maybe it was hard coded to start new areas in some middle of the road resolution and adjust.

Top Bottom