• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 4 - Official Open Beta Announcement Cinematic Revealed | Beta Starts in March

Draugoth

Gold Member
Mbc73ME.jpg

Cinematic quality is definitely a step down from their usual quality but I guess that's because they're putting our custom characters in.

Excited for beta next month though!

ssringo

Cool but I'm gonna be busy playing RE4 remake when open beta happens.

At least I'll be able to play the early access.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
The problem with all this monetized early access stuff is these days games barely ever work properly by their launch days. And companies have no fuckin shame. "We got ya, suckers."

SJRB

Gold Member
Beta is cool but man that trailer blows.

Diablo 4 reveal trailer is legit one of the most hype trailers I've ever seen, that last minute is absolutely insane especially in terms of art direction. Just bonkers.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I’m gonna be butthurt if they don’t put this on Steam. They put MW2 there. This genre is so good on portables.

Schmendrick

Considering the dude from Blizzard said in the stream this morning that they wanted our created characters to be in the cinematics, it sounds like they are. Where have you read/heard differently?
The original announcement intro cinematic and the release date cinematic have already been shown and should play at very different times in the game's story.
We'll get our one big overarching CGI or so per act for sure. The in engine stuff is probably for all the custom and sidequest stuff, like the characters' individual stories we already know exist.
Pretty much blizzard's standard presentation formula since the 90s.

Last edited:

sachos

I really hope they nail the itemization and character builds in this game but i dont really have too much faith in them, specially on items. They really look like D3 items. The worst thing about D3 itemization is that everything you found along your leveling adventure is useless at max level because every drop is based on your character level plus smart loot make it so everything that is dropped is only useful to your character. In D2 one of the best feelings is finding a cool item for another character and having that incentive to roll a new character to use that item. Also D2 items are useful throughout your playthrough, you can find a really solid ring that you won't change until end game, a Nagelring will be really useful to hit those early MF points even if you are lvl 80, etc.

Considering the dude from Blizzard said in the stream this morning that they wanted our created characters to be in the cinematics, it sounds like they are. Where have you read/heard differently?
They already said that there’ll be both in-game and CGI cinematics. DII and III also had CGI cinematics that didn’t include our character.

You know what? Fuck it. I'm in. I don't usually fall for this shit but I'm going to be getting the game day 1 no matter what. Might as well get the beta access.

I'm going to go for the Ultimate Edition :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Looks like you need to preorder.

Ok so if I understand correctly by preordering you get two events in March to play, by not preordering only the second one?

Might as well preorder, going to play it anyway.

You also get 4 days early access on release if you get the deluxe edition or the ultimate edition. So it should unlock on June 2nd instead of June 6th.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I'll be far too busy with REmake 4, sorry Blizz.

Saber

Gold Member
Im still very doubtfull about this game. Probably will not take any risk getting it, but gonna keep my eye on the beta videos. If all is well perhaps I could change my mind.

Vyse

Gold Member
Early access is the new DLC.
Have so many games to play, paying to test a game with progress that doesn’t carry over doesn’t really interest me. Depending on work and family commitments, I do enjoy early access. Love Diablo so and as stated elsewhere in this thread, going to buy it anyway.

Top Bottom