• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 4 Pre-Orders Are Starting Soon (Not April Fools)

World of Warcraft's next update that brings the ability to play with your friends cross factions in PvP/Dungeon content is on the Public Test Realms. Today a new update went on to the public test realm that has added new questlines for Blood Elves and Dark Iron Dwarves and completing these quests will reward the players with heritage weapons for each race along with 2 new mounts, 1 for each race.

The most interesting thing that has been noticed however is the a new achievement in the Feat of Strength section for World of Warcraft that reads as the following:
  • Achievement: Owner of the Diablo IV Collector's Edition Amalgam of Rage mount.
  • Mount: Reins of the Amalgam of Rage
Some context here, a lot of Blizzard games always have cross-reward stuff across their achievement systems when you buy a collectors editon of one of their games or purchase a Blizzon ticket, so this is NOT surprising. What is surprising that it is appearing sooner than I thought, normally collector's edition stuff do not appear in-game until a release date has been announced. I am gonna assume that by Summer we will know the release date for Diablo 4.

Source

Skifi28

Q8vy1sw.jpg

ManaByte

Topic title should have had a question mark at the end, cause this is pure speculation at best right now.

No, if there are feats of strength in this upcoming WoW patch it means they're going to be opening pre-orders not long after its release.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
No, if there are feats of strength in this upcoming WoW patch it means they're going to be opening pre-orders not long after its release.
I have never played WoW, so if you guys say it, that's exciting that D4 is farther along then we thought.

Faithless83

Banned
I don't know... based on their recent work on WoW I'm on a wait and see mode for Diablo IV.
Sucks based on how many hours I've spent on all 3 games over the years...

I wish it turns out great... but I don't believe it will at this point.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Yeah I'm just going to skip... haven't bought a Blizzard title since the whole Hong Kong incident, not solely for that reason, but it was the catalyst for me just uninstalling Bnet and ignoring future releases from them.

Hope it turns out good for the fans though.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

Nowadays pre-orders means paid beta testers.

Be sure to have some sort of stress toy by your side on Day 1.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Get this flaming pile of trash out the door ASAP so Blizzard can focus marketing on its survival game. There's life in Blizzard yet!

Edgelord79

Gold Member
I actually think this looks quite good. I choose to be optimistic about this game and I think they will take the time they need to get a lot of core elements right.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Wonder how the MS buyout will affect this game. Should be on GP, right?

The game was announced long before the buyout news for PS4/5, so it will still come to them.

Game pass is whether the deal closes before the release. If it's releasing after the deal closes, 100% it will be on GP.

DavidGzz

Imagine if this came by the end of the year. ER and D4 in the same year would be insane for me.

Last edited:
Huge if true
Ehhh this is basically official confirmation dude and not a speculation. If it's already in the next patch build then it's confirmed. I believe patch will be out sometime in summer like end of June or sometime in July. Around that time will be the 2nd quarterly update for Diablo 4 they just did one a few days ago and they do them every quarter.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Please sell it on Steam, Microsoft do something...
GIF by Brett Eldredge
Bethesda client is getting scrapped and you will get any games you bought through it on Steam. So it's not too crazy to think MS could do the same for Blizzard. I wouldn't be surprised if they scrapped Blizzard's client too and put the likes of WoW/Diablo/Overwatch etc on Steam and let you redeem the games for free on Steam if you already own them having purchased through Blizzard.

Ceadeus

By the way, for anyone interested by Diablo Immortal, you can ''pre order'' the game on iOS right now.

I was quite happy to finally see the page up onthe store!

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Can't wait to play it day one on gamepass.

After Diablo 3 I would think twice about getting in early otherwise.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Can't wait to play it day one on gamepass.

This. Pre-ordering a game that's barely finished it dumb but it's especially dumb when you're probably gonna be able to try it on GP.

Inviusx

Preorders may open soon but it's still a 2023 game at the earliest, I'm leaning towards 2024 sadly. Their quarterly update this week is still focusing on pre-alpha.

spons

Gold Member
If you pre-order digitally on Xbox, wait until the reward is active. You can get 6000 points for specific games, which will probably include Diablo 4 if the previous games are any indication. That's almost 10 bucks in store credit for your next purchase. Pre-ordering too early voids the reward.

Or just buy a code from Argentina or Brazil for half the price.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Will the PC version have console controller settings for those who don't use a desk?
let me look into the future for you.

Preorders may open soon but it's still a 2023 game at the earliest, I'm leaning towards 2024 sadly. Their quarterly update this week is still focusing on pre-alpha.
while i do agree it's a 2023/2024 game the whole alpha/beta shit is meaningless these days. i don't believe for a second that 10 years after diablo 3 the game is still in pre alpha. if that's the case the game definitely won't release in 2024. not even 2025 or 2026.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Yeah I'm just going to skip... haven't bought a Blizzard title since the whole Hong Kong incident, not solely for that reason, but it was the catalyst for me just uninstalling Bnet and ignoring future releases from them.

Stop being a little b and preorder

kraspkibble

Permabanned.

so brave. they've hardly put out anything since 2019 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

maybe some wow expansions and some ports... or diablo 2 remastered but that's it. their last major game was 6 years ago.

I am sorry but if you pre-order Blizzard games still you're a moron.
I am sorry but if you tell what other people may or may no be because you don't agree with their choices or what they want to spend their money on you are even a bigger moron.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
so brave. they've hardly put out anything since 2019 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

maybe some wow expansions and some ports... or diablo 2 remastered but that's it. their last major game was 6 years ago.

You missed out the legendary Warcraft III reforged, which released soon after. I did actually cancel my preorder of it and end my WoW sub (had been playing classic at the time)

Also I'm one of those people that prior to all this bought alot of blizzard stuff.

jZCiraF_d.webp

So you might laugh but it's surprisingly easy to not buy things when you put your mind to it. Despite all my mates diving into the Diablo II remake I haven't bought it and never will, just like I haven't bought an Ubisoft game since Rainbow Six Siege at launch.

Haggard

Banned
As far as we know the game was planned for a 2022 release before it got pushed to the next fiscal year after all.
Since we don't know how long ago those achievements were put together I'd not expect anything. Could just as well be leftovers from before the delay.
Or maybe the situation changed drastically since the announcement of the acquisition by MS ( doubt it, too early)

Last edited:

BreakOut

Putting a pre-order up years before a game comes out? Sounds right, probably be available this week. Not the game of course.

Top Bottom