• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo Immortal Delayed to 2022

ManaByte

Following feedback provided by test participants of the Closed Alpha, our team has been tuning core and endgame features. For example, we’re iterating on PvP content like the Cycle of Strife to make it more accessible, alongside late-game PvE content like the Helliquary to make it more engaging. We’re also working to provide controller support for those who want to play our game in a different way. However, these changes and additional opportunities to improve our gameplay experience will not be realized in the 2021 timeframe we had previously communicated. So, the game is now planned for release in the first half of 2022, which will allow us to add substantial improvements to the whole game.

Making a re-skinned Chinese Diablo clone is hard.

Tg89

Oooh controller support. The dream of this ending up on switch lives. I know I seem crazy for wanting this but D3 on switch is my crack.
You're about to get Diablo II so I wouldn't sweat either way. D2 is truly immortal in terms of standing the test of time.

Anyway, don't really care about this. Honestly surprised it was supposed to be out before that, but between Diablo III, this being a mobile spinoff and Blizzard's current and recent trajectory, I can't ever imagine a scenario where I play this when D2 is an option.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Probably waiting long enough for people to collectively forget all the bad press they've got in the past few weeks.

CGiRanger

Banned
Probably waiting long enough for people to collectively forget all the bad press they've got in the past few weeks.
That and also one would think they'd have the bare minimum of sense now seeing that they cannot afford a release of less than decent quality of anything. Releasing anything on the level of Reforged now would simply be even further disastrous.

Last edited:

amigastar

6f6.jpg

No but seriousy i can wait. i'm more hyped for Diablo 4.

Oooh controller support. The dream of this ending up on switch lives. I know I seem crazy for wanting this but D3 on switch is my crack.
I'll never understand anyone who acts likes Diablo is some sort of super in-depth, complicated game that couldn't possibly play well on controller. The gameplay is about as simple as a game can be.

Kagey K

Banned
Feel like this has been featured in the pre registration on the play store for an eternity.

They should remove it until closer to an actual launch.

TheMan

Honestly as long as DII comes out on time i'm good. I'd probably play this mobile version for like 30 minutes and then forget about it.

CGiRanger

Banned
:messenger_tears_of_joy:
Diablo Immortal has the potential to the be most played, highest grossing game in the series.
I think people keep missing this. I hate most mobile games and gachas and f2p economy crap myself, but there's no question it prints money, especially in countries overseas (hence China), and Immortal definitely has the potential to bring in tons of money in that regard.

Interfectum

I think people keep missing this. I hate most mobile games and gachas and f2p economy crap myself, but there's no question it prints money, especially in countries overseas (hence China), and Immortal definitely has the potential to bring in tons of money in that regard.
Call of Duty Mobile is poised to make $1 billion this year alone. Not a single word about this game on here. And it's actually a pretty damn good game!

Top Bottom