• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo Immortal preload available (PC)

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/diablo-immortal-release-times-and-pre-load-confirmed

7ITP218MLOPA1653424055196.png

You don’t have to wait for its release to get in on the action, however. PC players can pre-load Diablo Immortal right now, letting you jump straight into Sancturay when the free-to-play multiplayer game goes live.

Although Diablo Immortal will release on Android and iOS devices at the same time it launches on PC, there'll be a slight difference between them. The PC port will release in open beta, as the development team irons outs a few final technical creases.

In a blog post(opens in new tab), Blizzard said some players might see the game appear on the Google Play and Apple App Store as early June 1. This, it says, is due to how games are rolled out across mobile platforms, but you shouldn't bank on an early appearance.

If you’re planning on opening the gates of Hell on PC, you can pre-load Diablo Immortal now. Head over to the Battle.net download page(opens in new tab) to get started, and create a Battle.net account if you don’t already have one – it’s required to play the PC version of the game.

You’ll also need to download and install the Battle.net client(opens in new tab) if you’re playing on PC. Android and iOS users, however, will be able to find the game directly through their respective app stores.

Android Min Requirements
  • Operating System: Android OS 5.0
  • CPU: Snapdragon 660 / Exynos 9611
  • GPU: Adreno 512 / Mali-G72 MP3
  • Memory: 2GB RAM
*Disk Space Requirement: 2.4GB (with patch of additional 10GB)

iOS Min Requirements
  • Operating System: iOS 11
  • Hardware: iPhone 6s
*Disk Space Requirement: 3.3GB (with patch of additional 9.5GB)

aD13KxO_700b.jpg

We will find out, soon.

GymWolf

The last footage i saw of this thing it looked like hit reactions, death animations and ragdoll were worse than fucking 2012 diablo 3, do they improved that or it still look and feel like a mobile game?

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
“You don’t have to wait for its release to get in on the action, however. PC players can pre-load Diablo Immortal right now, letting you jump straight into Sancturay when the free-to-play multiplayer game goes live.”

What.

You don't have to wait, but you have to wait.

ahtlas7

It has Diablo in the name, one of my greatestest series so I have to try it but I ain’t buy’n shit.

dorkimoe

ill give this a shot.

Side question: did they ever patch/fix warcraft 3 reforged? I know it launched and everyone said it was ass, but is it worth it now?

While this might be the diablo fix some people want on pc (I'm excited to check it out there), this is going to be a fantastic thing to play on mobile. There's been enough success there that it shouldn't be a shock to see companies push into that space to expand their franchise.

dorkimoe

While this might be the diablo fix some people want on pc (I'm excited to check it out there), this is going to be a fantastic thing to play on mobile. There's been enough success there that it shouldn't be a shock to see companies push into that space to expand their franchise.
I've been saying for years that Microsoft is missing out on a huge cashflow by not putting Viva Pinata on mobile. no game screams more for micro transactions than that game.

kubricks

Wait what? I thought they specifically said that there are no pc release back then? Did they change the plan after the backlash or something?

Wait what? I thought they specifically said that there are no pc release back then? Did they change the plan after the backlash or something?
Probably made to make it more palpable to a certain segment of players plus being cross save and cross play means a stronger chance for more revenue.

manfestival

Wait so I have not too much attention to the systems in this game but does this function more like Lost Ark than Diablo as far as progression goes? I do like Lost Ark but I prefer the random/progressive loot of diablo.

Kssio_Aug

I will probably check it out to be honest. My laptop is shit for gaming, but it might be able to run this well enough and hopefully be a good distraction.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

So according to that video nearly as good looking as a game from 2012 which was antiquated at the time. I know it's a mobile game at heart but playing this on PC is just pointless when D3 still exists imo.

kubricks

Probably made to make it more palpable to a certain segment of players plus being cross save and cross play means a stronger chance for more revenue.
If only they promise this when they announce the game at Blizzcon. :messenger_confused:
As much as I hate the MTX practice, the cross play aspect definitely piqued my interest.

nkarafo

Looks as generic as expected. Lacking any kind of interesting art direction and personality. By graphics alone i wouldn't be able to tell if this is Diablo or any of it's countless clones.

killatopak

Gold Member
No other Asian server other than South Korea who probably won’t be speaking English.

The ping will make or break this game for me. I wonder how the OCE servers ping will be.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
?? Is that game any good now? I remember at launch it was a disaster. Some of the skills in the skill tree didn’t even do anything. How is it nowadays?
It’s infinitely better compared to diablo mobile. I have like 4k hours into d2 and d3.

and i fucking hated immortal. It has nothing to do with diablo. It’s a reskinned sheit whale farming simulator build from the ground up to fuck with people’s wallet. Designed to be so piss easy that you can play it afk. Rendering all the loot you get pointless. Loot = Diablo
It’s mobile gaming at it’s worst.

There are tons of smaller studios that made arpg’s that deserve your money more. Inc wolcen / grimdawn / last epoch.

But anyway don’t let me stop some of you. I used a vpn and played that shit game for 5 days✌️

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I would play that one if the cunts developers that promised controller support weren't fucking liars...
Not aware of that shit. But there is a fun game to be found underneath it.
The problem is that people where comparing it to d2/3 and PoE day one. I had a lot of fun for about 100 hours or so?
Kinda like titan quest.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
so many people are upset and offended over this game it's hilarious :messenger_tears_of_joy:. if it's not your thing then don't download lol.

i'll check it out. could be fun! i'm not going to throw a lot of money at it. if i enjoy it and end up playing it a lot then i might spend a little (~£10-20) on some stuff in game. i can control my spending unlike some it seems. if i play any F2P game that i enjoy i'll spend some money to the value of what it would probably cost if it were a paid title. i mean, say Fortnite was a £60 game. i'd buy a battle pass for a few seasons or maybe get a couple skins.

i'm not a huge mobile game player but it could be fun to load it up now and then to pass some time. i really don't get the hate for mobile games :messenger_tears_of_joy: again, don't go near it if you don't like it.

Last edited:
It’s infinitely better compared to diablo mobile. I have like 4k hours into d2 and d3.

and i fucking hated immortal. It has nothing to do with diablo. It’s a reskinned sheit whale farming simulator build from the ground up to fuck with people’s wallet. Designed to be so piss easy that you can play it afk. Rendering all the loot you get pointless. Loot = Diablo
It’s mobile gaming at it’s worst.

There are tons of smaller studios that made arpg’s that deserve your money more. Inc wolcen / grimdawn / last epoch.

But anyway don’t let me stop some of you. I used a vpn and played that shit game for 5 days✌️
That sucks. I was a bit interested in this because Hearthstone is very fair for ftp. I've spent maybe 20$ since launch.

bbeach123

?? Is that game any good now? I remember at launch it was a disaster. Some of the skills in the skill tree didn’t even do anything. How is it nowadays?
I Alt+f4 uninstall that shit once I realized I actually lost crit chance / attack speed when I level up . No fcking joke , I lost attack speed when I leveling up , I had to add point to stats to get my attack speed to normal .
Who the fck does this ?

You can give an excuse to hit chance , crittical hit chance, something like when you level up monster level up too so your hit chance and crit hit chance got reduced , BUT FCKING ATTACK SPEED ?

wow , still mad at this .

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
the game has downloaded for me on iOS. trying to log in at the moment. not sure if it's just a preload. will edit in a few minutes.

edit: i'm in the character customisation screen.

edit 2: it's not a preload. the game is live early it seems :messenger_smiling_with_eyes: i can play it:

vITtxpz.jpg

edit 3: annnnnnnnnnd Blizzard has just locked my account. yey :messenger_neutral:

Last edited:
Top Bottom