• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo Immortal preload available (PC)

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
finally was able to play a bit. yeah it's diablo on my phone. only 30 fps though. they will probably be able to optimize it later.

not sure what that weird super saiyan attack was that I've unlocked at some point :goog_unsure:
what device? my ipad has 60fps. the ipad supports 120hz but the game only goes to 60

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
My question is, why play this instead of D2 or D3?
immortal is just out. d3 is 10 years old… d2 even older?

it looks like d3 but is closer to d2 in story/setting. its a mobile game so if you dont like that dont play it. if you like diablo you should definitely play it…

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
My question is, why play this instead of D2 or D3?
It is free and on devices my gf and all my friends have. The friction to entry is the least possible compared to other iterations which require you to have consoles or PC’s. Not everybody is willing to purchase or install a game on those. I am hoping it is good.

Last edited:

DanEON

immortal is just out. d3 is 10 years old… d2 even older?

it looks like d3 but is closer to d2 in story/setting. its a mobile game so if you dont like that dont play it. if you like diablo you should definitely play it…
closer to D2?
Its basically an D3 mobile. The same story telling shit. The same bosses suddenly appearing on your screen telling you cant defeat them. lol

manfestival

Runs perfectly on S20 FE 5G.
Feels and plays like a Diablo 3 expansion :messenger_hushed: I bet they turned the cancelled expansion into this.
same phone and it is running flawlessly. I only had some skips as I enabled the full install while the game was running but it runs fantastic when that is off

I'm on Town Portal. ManaByte#1472
I'll make my characters there
don't have time to play much right now but I noticed character names are unique so I'm grabbing some names before they're taken

FYI 2 letter names are still available. I always like short names so I'm snatching as many 2 letter names as I can.

amigastar

Is the PC version also already online? Currently downloading it.
Edit: Doesn't look like it, can't start the game.

Last edited:
finally was able to play a bit. yeah it's diablo on my phone. only 30 fps though. they will probably be able to optimize it later.

not sure what that weird super saiyan attack was that I've unlocked at some point :goog_unsure:
they have a 60 fps option, but your phone has to be identified as capable (my XS max cannot enable it for instance).

just tried out a Series X controller, works good for playing but menus use a horrible draggy cursor. I just use touch instead during menu navigation.
Blizzard really should know better than that.

• Aggressive microtransactions
  • Lootbox mechanics banned in several countries
  • Pay 2 win gear enhancements unattainable through regular play
  • Endgame paywall
  • Face tracking app
Don't play this pay 2 win crap.

Last edited:

o2gvy8clbw191.png

Orbital2060

Thats awful but I wonder if all of that crap is disabled if you say no to tracking at the prompt they give.

If not its absolutely terrible and and much worse than any mtx issues.

Can you elaborate about what "endgame paywall" consists of, please?

Endgame rift mechanics force you to heavily invest in shop items.

Legendary Gems can only be found in Elder Rifts and only if you have Legendary Crests or Rare Crests which you can use to "empower" the rift. You can buy unlimited Legendary Crests in the shop with Orbs (Currency That Must Be Paid For) for a 100% chance for a Legendary Gem to drop. There are virtually no sources for earning Legendary Crests for free.

The best gems, which are broken into star-ratings like Genshin characters, are largely available from rifts. They're sprinkled in both the free and paid battle passes and you can get some via NPCs and the game's real money auction house (yeah, it's back), but if you need several to slot into your high level gear, you'll either need to grind rifts with extremely low drop rates or lay down some cash for Crests.

Even loot drop chances are skewed to make you pay:

Those concepts are still intact in the new game, but the rate at which you normally receive upgrades and upgrade materials could be skewed toward getting you to pay up. Reports from players on the subreddit and on YouTube suggest that was definitely the case in the beta.

Ozzie666

I'm going to try it on both mobile and PC. But honestly, can Activision Blizzard afford for this to go negatively? I tried Lost Ark and it was to much at once, too many currencies, to much mobile mechanics. I am really hoping Diablo Immortal end game isn't like Lost Ark. But I'll make up my own mind once I actually install it. Good luck everyone trying, please report back!

Top Bottom