• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo Immortal's Microtransactions Have Made It $24 Million In Two Weeks

Didn't someone post something about them grossing $210 Million in 24hrs when they released Diablo 3? I mean, $24 Million in 2 weeks is nothing to scoff at... but $210 Million in 24hrs seems a little better.

Diablo Immortals should have longer legs tho, so I'm sure it'll keep generating "dat cash flow"

Hari Seldon

I was not as harsh against this game as others, but after leveling to max the game falls apart entirely. No more upgrades unless you pay means that there is no reason to play. I’ll keep it installed as a shitting game and maybe level some other classes, but the post-60 gameplay is objectively terrible and not worth engaging with. Now that I have seen everything, I will never put any money into this.

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
I was not as harsh against this game as others, but after leveling to max the game falls apart entirely. No more upgrades unless you pay means that there is no reason to play. I’ll keep it installed as a shitting game and maybe level some other classes, but the post-60 gameplay is objectively terrible and not worth engaging with. Now that I have seen everything, I will never put any money into this.
But bro, did you see the awesome 99 cent chest? It gives 800% value and is totally not meant to psychologically manipulate you into slowly increasing how much your willing to spend on the game.

reksveks

updated numbers

https://mobilegamer.biz/blizzard-ea...rtals-first-month-with-10m-downloads-to-date/

ZPJflZB.png

clarky

Gold Member
Looks like its making around $1.5m a day so what half a billion a year? Be interesting to see if they keep these numbers up.

Smokken

Banned
DD4bWdm.jpg

Wow, I think congratularions are in order. Blizzard got laughed at when they announced this game, but who's laughing now? It's possible that Diablo Immortal might be just the thing Blizzard needs to fund its legal defense against its current and formerly employed victims of rampant institutionalized sexual assault and bigotry.
Ahem..."alleged" rampant sexual assault and bigotry. Don't be silly and believe everything you read online, silly goose.

killatopak

Gold Member
Ahem..."alleged" rampant sexual assault and bigotry. Don't be silly and believe everything you read online, silly goose.
Bobby Kotick is part of Epstein's book of pieces of shit. When the top is a piece of shit, it's no suprise to see those below follow suit.

Apple just announced that it was dropping over a dozen games out of its Apple Arcade lineup. I wonder if they are having a hard time finding 'traditional' non freemium games on mobile to put on the service.
Apple did not do a very good job advertising or promoting or supporting anything.
I'll give them till December to sort it out but I think Apple Arcade is off my subscriber list soon.
The idea was to have better non microtransaction stuff but you had to pay 5 bucks a month.

It's a conundrum as Diablo Immortal has a ton of content and it cost's nothing. (nothing to me)

Apple just announced that it was dropping over a dozen games out of its Apple Arcade lineup. I wonder if they are having a hard time finding 'traditional' non freemium games on mobile to put on the service.
Apple did not do a very good job advertising or promoting or supporting anything.
I'll give them till December to sort it out but I think Apple Arcade is off my subscriber list soon.
The idea was to have better non microtransaction stuff but you had to pay 5 bucks a month.

It's a conundrum as Diablo Immortal has a ton of content and it cost's nothing. (nothing to me)
If you see the games they drop it seems the games nobody plays. I love Apple Arcade for what it is and the price is very good for what you get. On the other hand, much more games are leaving gamepass all the time, like 6 on average each month and that seems to do fine.

Should be much better games though, don’t like gamepass too much at this time

STARSBarry

Gold Member
In the history of low effort troll posts, this may be the winner.

As a pretty heavy PC Gamer, I honestly do feel that in "some" spaces this is true, but it's exactly the same in the console space too. However yeah factor in the fantastic indie scene and you can see some wonderful passion projects.

Last edited:

reksveks

The mobile version of Diablo Immortal from Blizzard has surpassed $100 million in global player spending across the App Store and Google Play in less than two months since its launch on June 1, 2022, Sensor Tower Store Intelligence data reveals.

The title has become one of the fastest video game IPs brought to mobile to hit the landmark, taking just eight weeks to reach the milestone. Analyzing other top franchises, Sensor Tower’s IP tags show that Pokémon GO from Niantic took approximately two weeks to reach the landmark figure, while the next fastest after Diablo Immortal, Fire Emblem Heroes from Nintendo, took 10 weeks.

https://www.eurogamer.net/diablo-immortal-passes-100m-revenue-after-just-eight-weeks
https://sensortower.com/blog/diablo-immortal-mobile-100-million-revenue

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
When a stupid mobile game with a budget of a few bucks from a outsourced Chinese developer gives you more cash than your "big" mmo cash cow.

Oof.

This movie is about tbc classic, but man I could imagine the same story about Diablo immortal.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
When a stupid mobile game with a budget of a few bucks from a outsourced Chinese developer gives you more cash than your "big" mmo cash cow.

Oof.

This movie is about tbc classic, but man I could imagine the same story about Diablo immortal.

This games budget was easily 2x that of D3's development budget (if not drastically more).

The game is extremely high quality for an ARPG (not a MOBILE arpg....any arpg). I get that people want to shit all over it because mobile + bad, but the game is genuinely fun to play. The content is plentiful, the dailies are fun, the raid events and world bosses are easy to get into do a great job of fostering a sense of large group play, and the PVP is even fun (I HATE pvp...but this game has me playing it daily).

All of this is just my opinion, I REALLY like to grind on shit (Xenoblade 3....I will devour you shortly my sweet), and I love me a great ARPG. So for me...game is fantastic and I have spent an OBSCENE amount of money in this game ($19 USD). Paragon 108 on my highest character.

This games budget was easily 2x that of D3's development budget (if not drastically more).
Which is insanely depressing.

The game is extremely high quality for an ARPG (not a MOBILE arpg....any arpg). I get that people want to shit all over it because mobile + bad, but the game is genuinely fun to play. The content is plentiful, the dailies are fun, the raid events and world bosses are easy to get into do a great job of fostering a sense of large group play, and the PVP is even fun (I HATE pvp...but this game has me playing it daily).
No. It really isn’t. The game is awful. It is low quality ARPG that even AA studios such as the folks behind WarHammer Inquisitor were able to do so much better than this shit, at a fraction of the cost.

All of this is just my opinion, I REALLY like to grind on shit (Xenoblade 3....I will devour you shortly my sweet), and I love me a great ARPG. So for me...game is fantastic and I have spent an OBSCENE amount of money in this game ($19 USD). Paragon 108 on my highest character.
Sounds more like you have sunk cost fallacy and need to keep telling yourself the game is good instead of just realizing you are wasting your time.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Okay, that’s one one to look at it.

Given that I have played WH:I, and DI, and many other ARPG’s, I can confidently say that you are incorrect when comparing the quality of those two specific ARPGs.

You are of course welcome to your own opinion, best of luck!

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Sounds more like you have sunk cost fallacy and need to keep telling yourself the game is good instead of just realizing you are wasting your time.
The game is better than any other mobile game I have seen. Quality wise, production wise. I don't even give that much of a shit about the micro-transactions, it's just not the type of game I ever want to play on a phone.

EDMIX

The game is better than any other mobile game I have seen. Quality wise, production wise. I don't even give that much of a shit about the micro-transactions, it's just not the type of game I ever want to play on a phone.

No, no...you must be addicted to like or play the game. Clearly you are deranged Pop. No one is allowed to like the game /s

Okay, that’s one one to look at it.

Given that I have played WH:I, and DI, and many other ARPG’s, I can confidently say that you are incorrect when comparing the quality of those two specific ARPGs.

You are of course welcome to your own opinion, best of luck!

This person is going to have a hard time dealing with this thing doing gangbusters. No one plays for fun, no quality can be found, everyone is a deranged mental addict to them who likes the game apparently. To them it seems not a single fucking person is allowed to like this game or they start attacking them lol

I don't play this game and simply suggested many might generally just like the game and they are telling me about they are "mentally ill" or "deranged" or " a scam" lol So....yea, you are not allowed to have a opinion on this game, you can't like it and if you play it....well you are an addict to them.

3e3.jpg

No, no...you must be addicted to like or play the game. Clearly you are deranged Pop. No one is allowed to like the game /s

This person is going to have a hard time dealing with this thing doing gangbusters. No one plays for fun, no quality can be found, everyone is a deranged mental addict to them who likes the game apparently. To them it seems not a single fucking person is allowed to like this game or they start attacking them lol

I don't play this game and simply suggested many might generally just like the game and they are telling me about they are "mentally ill" or "deranged" or " a scam" lol So....yea, you are not allowed to have a opinion on this game, you can't like it and if you play it....well you are an addict to them.

3e3.jpg

Usl Championship Soccer GIF by Oakland Roots SC

Bkdk

And this is without waifu gachas. This business model is very profitable, till this day I'm still shocked that western game devs are so slow to just flat out release every game with hot waifu gachas. I still remember back in the day when COD was a big success, nearly every game dev try to copy it and release similar type of game. After genshin impact's massive success, the western devs still haven't been doing their games with hot gacha waifus. Genshin has been somewhat handicapped due to China's government have completely banned naked content. All the western devs have to do is a similar game with uncensored content, that's 200 mil revenue just in the first month easily. If MSFT rerally goes all out for a uncensored genshin clone and make them gacha NFTs, their stock could worth more than apple once the game is released. The western devs are leaving money on the table on this.

Top Bottom