• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV is releasing in 2023 with cross-save and cross-progression

Draugoth

Gold Member

FVEh8yKWYAELIMN

Blizzard announced that Diablo IV is coming to Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation®5, alongside versions for Windows® PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4, with cross-play and cross-progression enabled for all platforms in 2023

Last edited:

Jennings

Now that Diablo Immortal has stolen its thunder there doesn't seem to much left for Diablo IV to do but sop up what few remaining holdouts there are still yelling at clouds. It's nice that this game will function on Playstations and Xboxes, but Diablo Immortal already runs everywhere else.

amigastar

Hyped, not gonna lie, even after Diablo Immortal. I have faith this will be good.
I would preorder it right now if it would give me instant access to a beta.
Game is gonna come at latest in June 2023.

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I want PS5/PC/XBOX Cross Play you fucks. Don't give a damn about cross save/progression, that would mean I would buy your game twice, lol. I want to play with friends who happen to have different systems than me.

Make up, fancy hair and beautiful face is exactly how I want my Necromancer to look /s
Loosing interest in DIV with every new info released.

Give me mangled old man/woman that has had to pay a toll to use this black magic.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Didn't know Necromancer class was a new class.

Not entirelly satisfied with the open wolrd approach, guess thats a goodbye for D4 for me. Happy for those looking foward to it though.

Kagey K

Banned
This game looked much more impressive than I imagined.

If they can keep up those graphics with good horde density it’s going to be insane.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
This is now, very easily, my most anticipated game. This looks really quite excellent and content rich. I'm sure a lot of the purists are going to hate the "shared experience" and hopefully there is a more "personal" option for characters for them, but I'm honestly excited about the integrated co-op experience. If D:I is anything to go by regarding their vision for open world co-op content I think this is going to work out quite well.

. . .a bit bummed that we aren't getting the Crusader or Witch Doctor; I guess that leaves them for DLC content. Also curious how ladders and such are going to work, and whether the game is going to be designed around seasons/restarting characters. Hopefully there is a mix of both.

Flintty

Now that Diablo Immortal has stolen its thunder there doesn't seem to much left for Diablo IV to do but sop up what few remaining holdouts there are still yelling at clouds. It's nice that this game will function on Playstations and Xboxes, but Diablo Immortal already runs everywhere else.

Immortal has stolen shit - it's nothing like D4 and can't touch it for features. Two very different games made for two very different audiences. Most Diablo fans don't want Immortal, but they want Diablo 4. Quote me to your heart's content if it turns out shit though. Spoiler: It wont.

Pretty awesome showing for this game. I've always liked the Necromancer class in pretty much any game, so it was cool to see here. The game visually looks pretty cool too. However, after Diablo Immortal, and all of Blizzards recent blunders, I'm don't know what to expect. I just hope they don't ruin the game with BS, because so far from everything they've showed it looks pretty awesome.

Kev Kev

never played a diablo game but this one looked fun as hell. i was ready to ride the hate train after immortal, but i may have to give this one a shot

ToadMan

Yeah this looked good and as someone who has all platforms and travels a lot the cross save feature is nice too.

I am though worried about the economics that will be at work here and how much money they’re going to try and extract from players.

Elitro

The only 'negative' point was that the intro scene didn't hype me near as much as normally Blizzard games manage to do.

Other than that the gameplay looked really good. I'm a bit weary of current Blizz but i'm still hopeful for this game.

No Paladin.

FML

Hopefully it will come later with an expansion... Seeing how D4 seems to be a return to roots (D2 like) it surprised me they kept it out.

Holammer

Could use a splash of color here and there, just a little. People complained over "warcraft art direction" in D3, but now they overcompensated and it's just black, desaturated to hell and back.
Also shared open world multiplayer? *Eww*

Fbh

Never got into D3 but this looks really really good.

The art direction and overall visuals are way nicer than D3, gameplay looks great and this "world bosses" look fun

Little Mac

Gold Member
Looked amazing to me. I pee'd a little when they showed the paragon boards. I hope they nail the itemization which was what held D3 back imo.

jimmypython

Man have been playing D3 with my buddy lately what a fun time. For this I can use console to play with his PC version. very nice!

Top Bottom