• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV is releasing in 2023 with cross-save and cross-progression

Haggard

Banned
I'm gonna forget that immortal exists and just assume that this is going to be a good game, maybe even a proper diablo.
At least until blizzard disappoints me again.....

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

Make the story your own!
Personalisation!
Outposts to clean the evil!

I swear, this is some of the most generic fantasy shit I saw in the last 20 years. Absolutely no evolution since D2.

ZywyPL

Banned
I didnt know the Gears of War dude was now a lead for Diablo.

Same here, this was basically the biggest surprise of the show for me lol.

The game looks great tho, I have never bothered with D3 as it looked way too cartoony for me, the rapid fire crossbow footage alone completely turned me off from the game, but D4 has the same dark, gritty look and feel of D1 and D2, everything so far points out it's gonna be fantastic.

Cross-play and Cross-progression is just fantastic. It's gonna open up the community so much. Every game needs to have this kind of support.

amigastar

Not sold on Open World. LOL @ Blizzard gender swapping the necro. Typical woke shit.
0433854c8c491f044cc18fda6cae9d1e.gif

I'm sure you can change gender, and if not WHO CARES? It's their decision (although i'm sure you can switch)
I'm more afraid of game decisions that would ruin the Diablo franchise.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Graphic wise pretty bland imo.

The wave of blood looks totally out of place. And seems like because its open world you have to use a long time to fight monsters like in a mmorpg instead of meat grinding them.

whyman

Looks amazing. Day 1 for sure. Diablo immortal will have to do until then. Still having a blast with it. I hope the micro transactions in D4 isn’t cosmetic gear but rather effects, pets and mounts. I want to see what you picked up not what you bought.

dottme

I don’t know. They talk about a lot of things that make me think this is Diablo Immortal for PC.
Let see if it’s really that different.

bender

What time is it?
Sort of a mixed bag.

+River of Blood spell
-Open world (I liked having Zones/Acts and not every game needs to be open world)
+River of Blood spell
-PVP areas (not my thing I guess)
+Visuals look nice (especially that River of Blood spell)
=World bosses (Are these replacing elites or is this more World of Warcraft styled bosses that require groups)
+River of Blood spell
=Character customization (you get looted up so much that this seems like a throwaway feature)
+River of Blood spell

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Excited about it and definitely looking forward to it. Big time. So glad they're leaving the whole pastel-y look for 3 behind to go after something that feels more dark and gritty like D1/2.

EDMIX

???
There is male and female to every class just as there was in Diablo 3 ten years ago.

no no, remember...if its done now, its cause WOKE, not cause its an RPG. /s

I felt this same way with AC series with their RPG Lite ones, when people tried to force some big deal out of that, all I saw was....its a fucking RPG, you can do that in RPGs....thats not some radical, new um "woke" idea, that is normal in many RPGs. So it just sounds like people will cry about this shit even with features that have existed in gaming for eons.

Everything I saw from this looked fine and amazing and so far....day 1. I'll ignore that Immortals thing and just give a shit about D4 lol

Last edited:

sendit

Going to be a hard pass if the loot is uninspiring like it was in D3...no matter how it looks. Hopefully they emphasize the hunt for great "random" loot and not shoe-horn everyone into an MMO class set/legendary system.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Now that Diablo Immortal has stolen its thunder there doesn't seem to much left for Diablo IV to do but sop up what few remaining holdouts there are still yelling at clouds. It's nice that this game will function on Playstations and Xboxes, but Diablo Immortal already runs everywhere else.
1 outa 10 bait
Try harder

DavidGzz

Can't you play as both genders? In Diablo 3 you could.

Anyway, the game looks great. I love Diablo.

Yes, all classes have both unless they locked them since and I doubt they would, they already put too much work into them going by older videos.

How else were Xbox going to snag Activision. Send in Rod, send in Mike Ybarra, buy the whole company a few months later. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I'm kidding obviously, but MAN this game looked fucking fantastic! So many games to play jesus.

I thought it might be too creepy for you, man! Just kidding. :D

Sort of a mixed bag.

+River of Blood spell
-Open world (I liked having Zones/Acts and not every game needs to be open world)
+River of Blood spell
-PVP areas (not my thing I guess)
+Visuals look nice (especially that River of Blood spell)
=World bosses (Are these replacing elites or is this more World of Warcraft styled bosses that require groups)
+River of Blood spell
=Character customization (you get looted up so much that this seems like a throwaway feature)
+River of Blood spell

I agree about that spell. The Mr.LLama hating on it was annoying af. It looks juicy! He called it a fruit roll-up. That mother.

Last edited:

Ozzie666

Really hoping the Blizzard redemption our starts with this, maybe the needle starts moving in the right direction with OW2. People can hate on Diablo Immortal all they want. there is still a great core game play and Diablo experience marred by the micro transaction drama. D4, their chance to get it totally right, but their last chance. The game with visuals, those look amazing. Very excited again for another true Blizzard Diablo, even after how far they have fallen. Last chance Blizzard, time for your come back.

it looks good and I want to be excited for it. I really do. but after all the BS with ActiBliz in recent years, especially Immortal, I'm definitely going to wait until reviews are out and a full breakdown on all the mechanics and cash shop shenanigans is available before investing anything in it.

Robb

Gold Member
This looked super fun tbh. Way better than I expected, will definitely check it out when the time comes.

Just hoping they go easy on the MTX..

Top Bottom