• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV | Multi-purchase Cross-platform confusion

whyman

Diablo IV features both Cross-progression and Cross-play but when it comes to unlocking pre-order bonuses after purchasing multiple copies of the game on different platforms things become confusing.

All my progression and items will carry over but what about things like the season pass?

I have preordered the Ultimate edition on PC that includes the season pass and early access. Is it enough to buy the basic or even digital deluxe version on console to play early and/or access the season pass?

If I buy the ultimate edition on both console and PC does that mean I get two seasons worth of passes?

I am lost, please help before I buy too much Diablo IV.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I’m not promising I know 💯, but It should work exactly like overwatch 2. It’s battlenet account based not console / PC so everything goes by that. My battle pass progress went from Xbox, PC, and switch just fine when I tested it in OW2.

whyman

I’m not promising I know 💯, but It should work exactly like overwatch 2. It’s battlenet account based not console / PC so everything goes by that. My battle pass progress went from Xbox, PC, and switch just fine when I tested it in OW2.

So yea, the progression should work like that. But if that is the case, do I get 2 season passes if I get the Ultimate edition on console or would I be throwing money away as it would already be available for any character I start on PC?

I wish they had made it super clear.

Hero_Select

If you play and do something that would unlock and achievement on console, will that pop up when you boot the game up or would the achievement have to be earned only when you play on console?

whyman

If you play and do something that would unlock and achievement on console, will that pop up when you boot the game up or would the achievement have to be earned only when you play on console?
Great question.

Still have not figured out if buying the standard on console is enough for not. Really strange.

HelpYouFall

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I heard in stream that everything carries over (including your cosmetics from one battle pass, so don't buy two!). However, you will only be able to get early access on the device you ordered the ultimate or deluxe edition on. So if for argument's sake you would buy the standard version on console. You will only be able to access that version on the 6th. Any mtx you might have purchased however will be unlocked by the time you access that version, that stuff just carries over. This should include the battle pass stuff, but that doesn't really matter until July anyways, obviously.

Last edited:

Zheph

Everything will carry, I am not sure how trophy/achievement will be handle but I do expect them to drop if you did it on PC than switched to your console

I did that for D2R (got the base game on PC) and I had everything

Top Bottom