• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

Antwix

diablo4header3wue7g.jpg

header-Information.jpg

Release Date: June 6, 2023
Developer/Publisher: Activision/Blizzard
Genre: Dungeon Crawler, Hack and Slash, Action RPG
Platforms: PC, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series S|X
Pricing: $69.99 (Standard Edition) / $89.99 (Deluxe Edition) / $99.99 (Ultimate Edition)

Diablo IV is the ultimate action RPG experience with endless evil to slaughter, countless abilities to master, nightmarish dungeons, and legendary loot.
Embark on the campaign solo or with friends, through beautifully dark settings, or explore a shared world where players can meet in towns to trade, team up to battle world bosses,
or descend into PVP zones to test their skills against other players.

header-Features.jpg

At the heart of Diablo IV is player choice. There is no one singular way to play the game; players will carve their own path forward, shaping their destiny in a nonlinear way of their choosing.
This ethos extends to character customization, player skills, exploration of Diablo IV’s shared open world, its social systems, and of course—the end game.

Regardless of your class, you’ll be greeted by a fleshed-out character customizer offering a plethora of options.
This level of player choice doesn’t just reside in aesthetics, it is also seen in the expansive Skill Trees for every class,
each offering endless ways to rip through the Burning Hell’s forces with your hero.
Unlike previous Diablo games, Diablo IV is fully open world and explorable by foot or with your trusty mount.
You can explore any of the five distinct regions in any order, at any time, and travel seamlessly between them.
Whether you’re prone to partying up or an independent adventurer, Diablo IV will have a way for you to play.
And of course, cross-play/cross-progression with other platforms is fully supported.

While you'll be clearing dungeons and finding powerful loot throughout your journey, that's not all that's in store for you when starting the post-game.
Diablo IV will launch with 4 difficulty modes, World Tier 1, 2, 3 & 4. The higher the World Tier, the higher the difficulty, but the better the loot will be.
Diablo IV will offer a number of mechanics for endgame progression.

Paragon Board - Once players hit level 50 they'll gain access to the Paragon Board, which uses tiles to enable specific power boosts and character customization.
Nightmare Dungeons - Enhanced dungeons with higher difficulty by adding new enemies, modifiers, and objectives for better loot.
Helltides - Lilith's demon army will corrupt an entire region of the world increasing the difficulty and loot for that zone.
Whispers of the Dead - Bounty objectives will become available that will offer randomized goals, which you can complete for rewards.
Fields of Hatred - Optional PVP-enabled zones where you'll earn currency shards and fight off hostile players.

Diablo IV will have a seasonal content model with each Season (starting later in July) lasting roughly 3 months.
Seasons are optional but will aim to introduce new systems or interesting mechanics.
There will be a free Battle Pass available to all players and a $10 paid Battle Pass, included in the Deluxe & Ultimate editions, offering additional rewards.
All rewards from the paid Battle Pass will be cosmetic only.
The Season Journey will grant rewards as players achieve higher ranks by completing in-game activities.
One such activity may include teaming up to take down one of the World Bosses found throughout Sanctuary.
World Bosses are huge monsters found in the open world and will allow you team up with other players as you work together to slay them.

header-Classes1.jpg

Create and customize your character to battle onward against the unspeakable horrors that blight this land.
Choose from one of five classes, discover and experiment with a vast array of powerful equipment,
and carefully select your talents and abilities to become steadfast in the face of darkness. But choose wisely; your world depends on it.

classsorc1.png

The Sorcerer shapes the elements into whatever form is necessary to ensure victory, from hurling bolts of lightning,
impaling her foes upon jagged spikes of ice, and raining flaming meteors down from the sky.

gif-sorc44pcmw.gif

classrogue1.png

The Rogue is an adaptable, agile warrior who can specialize in ranged or close quarters combat.
She can best any foe with her imbued weapons, perform powerful combo attacks,
and can augment her arsenal with deadly poisons and shadow magic to slay demons with impunity.

gif-roguey0ikn.gif

classnecro1.png

Necromancers are cunning summoners that conjure vengeful hordes of the undead.
Their Essence flows into three powerful bastions of Bone, Blood, or Shadow to bring low their enemies.

gif-necro0xefb6.gif

classbarb1.png

The Barbarian has unparalleled strength and expertly wields an entire arsenal in battle, with a weapon for every occasion.
He bellows intimidating war cries and unleashes ground-shaking slams to send approaching hordes reeling.

gif-barbcjd75.gif

classdruid1.png

The Druid is a savage shapeshifter, fluidly transforming between the forms of a towering bear or a vicious werewolf to fight alongside the creatures of the wild.
He also commands the power of earth, wind, and storm, unleashing nature’s wrath to devastating effect.

gif-druida2nmcif.gif

header-World1.jpg

Discover the world of Sanctuary as you battle through its expansive lands.
Join fellow adventurers, retake besieged towns, delve into corrupted dungeons, and uncover lost secrets as you fight for the fate of the world.
Five expansive zones are able to be explored from the sands of the Dry Steppes to the swamps of Hawezar. Perhaps even Hell itself...

header-Lore1.jpg

Set in the world of Sanctuary, Diablo IV takes place about 50 years after the events of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls.
Lilith, Daughter of Mephisto, has returned to Sanctuary, summoned by a dark ritual after eons in exile. Her return ushers in an age of darkness and misery.

Official Diablo IV Story Trailer :​

Official Diablo IV Lore | Book of Lorath Playlist :​

header-Media1.jpg

Official Diablo IV Gameplay Trailer :​

community-resources.jpg

Join the NeoGAF Clan!​

All are welcome in the NeoGAF clan! Whether you're a casual or hardcore veteran, it doesn't matter. It's all just for fun.
Once you're in game, you can send a request by pressing the 'N' key on PC or opening your map and tabbing over to the clan screen. Then just search for NeoGAF.
clan-d4.jpg

Resources :​

Maxroll.gg - Build guides and detailed information on all mechanics and features

D4Builds.gg - Character and skill planner including paragon boards

Lothrik Build Calculator - Character and skill planner similar to above

D4Builds.gg Map - Interactive map revealing all points of interest

PureDiablo Map - Another interactive map similar to above

Diablo4.cc - Tons of information on all the gear and items in the game

Official Diablo IV Developer Updates - Official Diablo IV developer updates and blog

7mj2e3.gif

GymWolf

Is there any mod out yet to have d3 ragdoll and hit reactions over these archaic precanned death animation and weak looking combat?

Last edited:
Just redeemed a bunch of Microsoft Rewards points to get a Amazon gift card......which I used to buy a Best Buy gift card.......which I used to buy a Blizzard gift card....

:messenger_sunglasses:
Damn, I was wondering how to get Diablo on PC using Microsoft rewards but I wasn't smart enough to connect the dots.

Mossybrew

Will be joining you maniacs next week. I'll be playing this for a long time so I can save a few bucks to wait a few days.

cripterion

I love that timeline in the OT. What a shitty world to live in. Can't wait to dive in at launch. I'm out of town this weekend.

Haha yeah, humans have it rough.

Great OT by the way! I'm in on both PS5 and PC!
I saw Force and Rhykker review's and think I agree with Force's points. I'm still excited to play but hope they expand the gameplay in future updates.

Mikado

Gold Member
Got my order in even though I'm not sure I'll have a whole lot of time to play this weekend -_-

Been on a bit of an ARPG bender lately, burning through Last Epoch and Wolcen: Found LE to be good for making great zoomy-full-screen-clears builds but it still feels a bit... I dunno... floaty? Wolcen would be exactly my jam - aesthetics and sound design are on point but I'm not clicking with it's Edge of Tomorrow endgame loop at all.

I'm hoping D4 finds the right balance for me, at least until POE2 comes out.

MikeM

I wish Druids weren't so fat. I like the class, but I don't want to stare at some fatty for 100+ hours.
This is why I hate shitty character creation options. I want my Druid to be a 400lb benching Arnold, or a hot titty chick.

Jason Mantzoukas Come On Man GIF by LoveIndieFilms

• Fire
Reactions: Isa

nikos

I caved and bought the Ultimate Edition even though I absolutely can't stand click-to-do-everything. I'll probably play on controller until they add WASD movement and use the mouse for menus etc.

Just need to decide between Sorcerer and Rogue.

Top Bottom