• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

GymWolf

I wouldn’t. I’d finish the campaign and unlock all the dungeon aspects for the next class you want to level before rolling one. There is zero chance I ever slog through this campaign ever again.
I only play the campaign in these type of games ( i know, i deserve public fustigation) so the campaign with the story, chara, bosses etc. is the main plate for me:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I should open a topic about people playing some games\genres for the "wrong" reasons:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

I remember when i bought driver on ps1 or wreckfest on pc just to check the damage system even if i hate racing games:lollipop_squinting:

Last edited:

Luipadre

Both Lilith and Elias are such amazing characters design wise and both VA are just excellent

Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

Topher

Gold Member
The dude who did the va for the male druid probably impregnate women in a room just by speaking out loud...

You talking about Lorath? I just looked him up. Ralph Ineson

He played the guy with the mullet in Ready Player One who lost a death match due to the "broke ass gloves".

MV5BMTYxOTUzMzg2MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODE0MjQxNTM@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

But yeah, fantastic voice.

ssringo

Ah.....my bad.
Lorath was great too. I look forward to where his story goes even if its exactly where it says (story spoiler so not mentioning specifics). Actually I can't think of anyone that didn't have great voice work. Maybe a side quest npc that I didn't pay attention to but certainly none of the primary cast.

Freeman76

Find it really hard to get stronger in this. Does level 50 gear even exist? Been playing all day and havent found anything thats an upgrade, i'm level 52. Been messing with affixes but every single piece of gear I find is worse than what I have. Gettimg a bit frusttating, i loved im D3 when you get that drop that makes everything fall into place, havent had that once in this. Maybe im not understanding something?

Find it really hard to get stronger in this. Does level 50 gear even exist? Been playing all day and havent found anything thats an upgrade, i'm level 52. Been messing with affixes but every single piece of gear I find is worse than what I have. Gettimg a bit frusttating, i loved im D3 when you get that drop that makes everything fall into place, havent had that once in this. Maybe im not understanding something?
High 40s is a pain in the ass, at least it was for my pulverize druid since he's so much gear dependant. Could go levels before finding something worth upgrading to

Luipadre

This game will print money for blizz. Cant wait to see how the game evolves overtime with seasons and probably yearly expansions. Definitely want to see some QoL changes regarding UI. I want a scale slider and a transparency slider too

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
By later on you mean advanced endgame or like the second part of the campaign?
Endgame. Barbarian and Druid are very gear dependent. Like once you get legendaries, affixes, and a variety of modifiers on gear Barbarian and Druid become powerhouses and Druid becomes not only strong but almost unkillable I think.

I'm probably just going to aim for a Incinerate Immobilize build for CC and boss stagger because I like Beam builds. Even though Druid with Landslide Mid to endgame can stagger like a boss.

I really wish a proper Death Ray/Disintegrate skill was in the game like in D3 but Incinerate is the best we have and it requires a lot of building around and lots of AP and Paragon points I think.

Druid really starts out as garbage but by endgame you become the Boss that bullies the other bosses.

In MMO terms Druid can become the RAID BOSS....if you invest enough time to do so.

But I'd rather play my cute Sorceress instead.

This game will print money for blizz. Cant wait to see how the game evolves overtime with seasons and probably yearly expansions. Definitely want to see some QoL changes regarding UI. I want a scale slider and a transparency slider too
I've seen they're working on 2 expansions

SCB3

Am I right in thinking Aspects are purely RNG unless the dungeon specifically says it unlocks it?

For example on my rogue I need the Infiltrator’s Aspect but it seems to only be on randomly dropped legendary items

Mikado

Am I right in thinking Aspects are purely RNG unless the dungeon specifically says it unlocks it?

For example on my rogue I need the Infiltrator’s Aspect but it seems to only be on randomly dropped legendary items

Yes, though you can Extract it from an unwanted item, put in your Aspect inventory, and move it/Imprint it to a better base later. In that way Rares still have some value beyond scrapping as they can be made Legendary by imprinting an extracted affix on them.

Seems that you can only move the Extracted affix once. So you can't just keep moving the same one forever.

Edit: Also I suppose they're not entirely RNG insomuch as you mostly get drops that are class-appropriate, and as such they tend to roll class-appropriate Aspects on the Legendaries. Like you won't get Sorc-style Aspect affixes on a Bow.

Last edited:

Also, if you find an item with an aspect that can be had from a dungeon, it will be much better than the one acquired from the dungeon. Aspects from dungeons always have the lowest stat

Last edited:

SCB3

Also, if you find an item with an aspect that can be had from a dungeon, it will be much better than the one acquired from the dungeon. Aspects from dungeons always have the lowest stat
Ah ok I thought it unlocked them so they could be random drops like some rogue lites do

Mikado

Ah ok I thought it unlocked them so they could be random drops like some rogue lites do

As far as I can tell the purpose of the Dungeon aspects is to that if you have a build that absolutely requires a particular Aspect to function, you can get a Minimum Viable version of it without being too gated by RNG - you can replace it with a dropped version later when you find one.

It's pretty smart from a design POV - if you find significantly better gear but it doesn't have a build-enabling affix you need, you can still maintain the utility of the build, while still having something to "chase" to improve the optimization.

I've heard tornado druid can be an option for t3 while you get the gear for pulverize and doesn't require much besides dungeons aspects. Any of you tried it?

geary

Saw that no one speaks of it, but the cinematic with Inarius and Lilith si probably one of the best i saw in any game ever...Quality, writing, dialogue, VA, drama....has it all.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Saw that no one speaks of it, but the cinematic with - SNIP - si probably one of the best i saw in any game ever...Quality, writing, dialogue, VA, drama....has it all.

Err. . .I mentioned it but didn't say any details because it's a great moment that you probably don't want to spoil for others (both in terms of narrative and how it was executed).

Saw that no one speaks of it, but the cinematic with x si probably one of the best i saw in any game ever...Quality, writing, dialogue, VA, drama....has it all.
Like most Blizzard cinematics, it was indeed excellent, but it was unfortunately undermined by the fact that (major spoilers; do not click unless you've completed the campaign) we already discovered that Inarius' forces were decimated ... it would have had so much more weight/impact if we didn't already know they lost.

Last edited:

TylerD

I've heard tornado druid can be an option for t3 while you get the gear for pulverize and doesn't require much besides dungeons aspects. Any of you tried it?

Still early, only level 23 with 24 total skill points but I'm running Wind Shear, Tornado, Blood Howl, Wolves, Poison Creeper, Trample in WT2. This is "my" build and didn't get it from a guide so def not optimized.

The survivability seems to be fine (using aspect of the protector) and I'm sloooooooooooow but still having fun. Unlocking the boons definitely helped. Have everything but snake boons now. Playing druids you really get to learn the boss mechanics very well because you are in each stage of a fight and the battle a long time :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Resource generation is my focus right now to be able to spam tornados as much as possible.

After completing Act 1 story I'm going to go get the aspect for wind shear that has a chance to fully fill spirit and keep pumping anything that helps spirit generation.

Last edited:

devilNprada

Really? When I tested it in the beta it hardly proced because of the way lucky hit works with multihitting skills. Maybe they changed it?
Ok been testing, and getting back to you...
The first night I saw a a big difference, was with mobs using high lucky hit score spells. I.E. I dropped a hydra and laid a blizzard (35%) on top of it, then Teleported into the middle of it (40%). Boom proc'd every time. Tonight I will try it with the ice shards enchant and it should wipe mobs pretty quick.

As far as boss fights though... yeah maybe not.

I am starting to think though, there maybe something to having some kind of lucky hit build with huge perks coming from high lucky hit values. I feel like this eventually may develop to be the way to go in the endgame.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
bruh this lightning storm affic in nightmare dungeons is a snowflake and the most fucking annoying one.. i instantly sell it whenever it drops fuck this
And this shit needs to go away totally break the flow of the gameplay

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Ok been testing, and getting back to you...
The first night I saw a a big difference, was with mobs using high lucky hit score spells. I.E. I dropped a hydra and laid a blizzard (35%) on top of it, then Teleported into the middle of it (40%). Boom proc'd every time. Tonight I will try it with the ice shards enchant and it should wipe mobs pretty quick.

As far as boss fights though... yeah maybe not.

I am starting to think though, there maybe something to having some kind of lucky hit build with huge perks coming from high lucky hit values. I feel like this eventually may develop to be the way to go in the endgame.
For Hydra's lucky hit, the percent chance stated on the tooltip is only if all the hits of Hydra connect. For every missed shot that Hydra spits out, that lucky hit chance decreases.

MastAndo

Gold Member
I might be missing something obvious, but is there a quick way to tell which codex aspect is rewarded from a whisper dungeon (without looking it up)?

Top Bottom