• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Oh shit. Good thing I went out today haha. I'll be back home soon, and let's blast shit again.
you want to carry me into WT4 ? getting kinda sick stuck in WT3 all i need is a nudge because i played to much fucking d3 to know all the loot i get in WT3 is BS

Last edited:
Well fuck me, sacred aspect of shockwave dropped for me. Now if only that chest armor that lets you stay in werebear would drop. My only chance is doing nightmare t3 dungeons

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'll probably get the game on the weekend.

How's the Necro in he final version (the betas had it swing from OP to gimped to boosted a bit)?

Freeman76

Even though I find this to be the best in the series, I just cant believe how unrewarding the loot is. I just did 2 hours of dungeons on WT2 and didnt get any drops above level 42, and I'm level 54! Literally ALL my best items are upgraded rares I bought from vendors.

Takes the excitement out of seeing a legendary ping, I just think to myself "more crap that will be weaker than what I bought from the shop" and I've been right every time 🤣

Last edited:

Antwix

Even though I find this to be the best in the series, I just cant believe how unrewarding the loot is. I just did 2 hours of dungeons on WT2 and didnt get any drops above level 42, and I'm level 54! Literally ALL my best items are upgraded rares I bought from vendors.
I think it's time you made your way to wt3.

I really hope they fix that nightmare party bug soon. There's like a 30% chance of this bug occurring, resulting in a wasted nightmare key.

MastAndo

Finally hit level 50 and moved on to WT3 after beating the Capstone Dungeon. So far, so good with the endgame content. I'm especially liking the public events - did a world boss and a legion event with a mob of randoms, and it was chaotic fun. The loot is getting progressively better and better in a satisfying way, as is the challenge.

My Barb is starting to look pretty dang handsome too;

c7aBwDw.png

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
What are the best early game abilities for Barbarian? I've tried a couple but they all seem pretty average in terms of damage output and honestly not very fun, gameplay-wise.

SCB3

Is there anything I should wait on until after the campaign? I'm level 27 going into the end of Act 2(I think?) and ignored most of the Dungeons I've seen as I've read that it was better to leave the loot for better stuff until after level 50

Moonjt9

How much higher in difficulty is wt3 than wt2 when advancing past capstone? Is capstone a level check for wt3?
I just did capstone at level 48 and found wt3 stuff considerably easier at the start, though dungeon bosses are still pretty tough. It feels like wt2 capstone dungeon is a wt3 dungeon tbh, so yeah it’s a level/gear check

Thanks for this! Unfortunate that I chose the shit class, lol.
Having leveled a druid to 53 and a barb to 45, I can say the barb is much easier to level. I did whirlwind and got to 45 way faster than my druid.

Gave my druid another chance yesterday and respeced tornado/companions while I find the gear for pulverize again and hit 53. Now things are falling into place for him, I'm melting nightmare dungeons in t3.

Zathalus

Thanks for this! Unfortunate that I chose the shit class, lol.

Barb is considered the best class in the game right now, even after the nerfs.
Yeah Barb is great, just before 30 it sucks a bit due to being melee and also fury starved.

Endgame all the classes are decent at least with Sorcerers probably being the weakest.

Blizzard nerfs and buffs are a fickle thing so who knows how that will change.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
haven't had time to really grind used all my time off, hoping for this weekend at night sneak in and get to 60. gonna mess around with rogue builds again.

GymWolf

So the druid is the only class that look like a moron at rio's carnival uh?

So i have a question, i have an important sidequest with the white icon that should unlock something for my class but:

A it's kinda far away in the map so i don't know if i can actually reach the zone without getting raped, but i guess that level scaling should help.

B the recommended level is like 2 level over my level so again, are 2 level over mine with an unoptimized druid too harsh on tier 2?

Last edited:
So the druid is the only class that look like a moron at rio's carnival uh?

So i have a question, i have an important sidequest with the white icon that should unlock something for my class but:

A it's kinda far away in the map so i don't know if i can actually reach the zone without getting raped, but i guess that level scaling should help.

B the recommended level is like 2 level over my level so again, are 2 level over mine with an unoptimized druid too harsh on tier 2?
It's a stronghold iirc. If you want your class quest just put this on w1 for it and you'll be able to do it then switch back to t2

I literally saw the class tier list of the dude who reached liv 100 first and barbarian was in first place...
First soft and first HC is barbarian. WW barb is just crazy for farming.

I have a lot of time to play tonight before the kids get here tomorrow. Don't think I've played with more than one or two players since launch, I'd love to try a big group. Any of you want to do nightmares and or whatever on t3 tonight? I got some keys but only tier 1, no idea how to get higher ones since I can do these no problem

Last edited:

GymWolf

First soft and first HC is barbarian. WW barb is just crazy for farming.

I have a lot of time to play tonight before the kids get here tomorrow. Don't think I've played with more than one or two players since launch, I'd love to try a big group. Any of you want to do nightmares and or whatever on t3 tonight? I got some keys but only tier 1, no idea how to get higher ones since I can do these no problem
Sorry dude, i'm still on act1 tier 2, i would love some coop but you people were too fucking fast:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I was skiming the thread on my phone last night, and I'm too lazy to go back and read the thread, but someone said something about hardly any good items. It's mostly yellow items.

I actually like this. In D3, I was getting so many orange items (ya, I know there's even better items), I was getting so many orange items it was like candy.

GymWolf

I was skiming the thread on my phone last night, and I'm too lazy to go back and read the thread, but someone said something about hardly any good items. It's mostly yellow items.

I actually like this. In D3, I was getting so many orange items (ya, I know there's even better items), I was getting so many orange items it was like candy.
Same.

You'll get a lot of legendaries in t3 but they're mostly trash by then (at least for me) except for some aspects you're looking for. Sacred rares are always better for me and then I imbue them with the aspects I need.

I'm really happy to have found a sacred shockwave aspect yesterday though, I shouldn't complain too much. I saw on Reddit people never getting it so far

DeaDPo0L84

So I am still playing as a frost sorcerer, literally all my skills are frost based. Just curious if there is something I should change to my current build. Essentially its blizzard->frost nova->ice shards like crazy->rinse and repeat. It seems to work fine but I see people incorporate fire into their builds which apparently adds quite a bit of AOE damage. I am level 50 and my gear is not perfectly tuned for how I play currently so there is still work to do there as well.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Been down on gaming with all the busted ports lately. Star wars gutted me, loved the 1st game can't even get the UI to scale properly on my 16:10 screen. Shit is cut off on sides so can't see skill points ect..

Said fuck it and bought D4 this morning and dam its great. Trying Necromancer since haven't played on before. Good stuff.

Top Bottom