• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV will run at 4K/60 fps on Xbox Series X and 1080p/60 fps on Series S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member

Diablo-IV-1140x815.jpg

Diablo IV will offer 60 FPS on both Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S: this is what game director Rod Fergusson promises in the recent Official Xbox Podcast.​

Diablo IV will run at 60 FPS on the latest generation of Xbox consoles. Precisely, both on Xbox Series X and on Xbox Series S , Blizzard’s game will offer 60 frames per second, but obviously with a different resolution: Xbox Series X will offer 4K, while the Series S will stop at 1080p.

The information comes from Rod Fergusson , who is the Game Director of Diablo 4. Fergusson shared this information via the Official Xbox Podcast. This of course also means that he hasn’t been able to give confirmations for other versions, even if we expect PS5 not to deviate particularly from the promised performance for Xbox Series X.

On the other hand, there are more doubts about the older generation version, i.e. the Xbox One and PS4 / PS4 Pro family of consoles. We will probably have to wait to confirm the performance of the final version of the game close to its release, i.e. June 6, 2023.

The 60 FPS on Xbox Series is a good confirmation, perhaps taken for granted by many players, but still positive. After all, we’ve recently discovered that Redfall will be capped at 30 FPS at launch (but that’s not the only issue according to some) , pending a patch that introduces a performance mode for 60 FPS. If Diablo 4 had also done the same, there probably would have been even more noise given how much the game is anticipated.

DavidGzz

It looked beautiful on XSX. I bought it for that and PC. Will play on whatever is more convenient at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom