• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did the Aliens eat people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odoul

Throughout the Alien movies the creatures slaughter alot of people. Either hunting them down or by birthing through them. Does any of the movies ever show them eating people? I always thought it odd that if a person wasn't being harvested they were just killed.

tenchir

Odoul said:
Throughout the Alien movies the creatures slaughter alot of people. Either hunting them down or by birthing through them. Does any of the movies ever show them eating people? I always thought it odd that if a person wasn't being harvested they were just killed.

I always thought they did, otherwise what else would they eat? I don't see any other source of fresh meat.... unless they are vegetarian????

maharg

idspispopd
I'm pretty sure the dog one in Alien 3 was seen eating a corpse. However, in Alien it was too busy making sure it would live (the humans were never particularily friendly to it) and in Aliens many were brought to the nest iirc.

This is a pretty strange thing to nitpick in a horror (Alien, Alien 3) or action (Aliens) film though :)

Dracos

I read many years ago in an old Aliens pen and paper RPG book some things that may or may not be true to the real story behind the aliens. Granted I was very young, so I may be wrong, but in that book, it mentioned that aliens did consume flesh, and it was when that amount of food was available that queen development could occur. When not in the presence of a major food source, the aliens could actually survive in a hibernating state (i.e. attached to the walls like resting) by eating the metals in the environment (creating that hive look wherever they are) and by absorbing a natural electrical current in the environment through their bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom